Jon's first chapter?

BraavosSpellSword

But ghost cannot fly, so basically it depends on how high the tower is from ground level.

Wow, wouldn't that be a real dick move of GRRM? Ghost jumps out the window to safety.... *looks down* ARRRR!!!!!! *splat*

Afterthought: Jon Snow dies, and wargs into ghost just seconds before impact. lol.

I don't think Jon is dead. Seriously wounded, maybe, but not dead. If he is dead, Melisandre is going to bring him back using some ritual that involves salt and smoke. She is beginning to suspect that she made a mistake thinking Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn. I don't remember the exact quote, but lately when she looks into the flames - looking for Stannis she sees only snow, and Jon Snow. Remember she staged the ritual on Dragonstone to declare Stannis Azor Ahai reborn. She is so wedded to the prophecy she will resort to theatrics to force reality to fit into it.

Since Jon isn't dead, no Jon will not have a chapter about the after life.

Sorry but there is too much hints in the book that point to Jon actually dying, besides there isn't much more that his character can develop at the wall, so he needs to move on.

The only way I see that happening is Jon's death, thereby his watch ending.

The hints include:

1. The raven calling Jon the Corn King - In legend a hero that dies for the people only to be reborn.

2. Aemon telling Jon, "Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born." and Jon's thinking about that phrase throughout the book.

3. Also Melisandre sees in her vision a plot to kill Jon and a vision of Jon going from man to wolf back to man.

So yes in my opinion he is as good as dead, and he will be brought back as Azor Ahai. And if I were a betting man one of his first actions will be to head out to winterfell to visit the crypts, which in my opinion, is where he will probably find the true Lightbringer.

It would be quite humerous if Stannis was actually defeated and there is a confrontation between the good bastard and the evil bastard. One wielding Lightbringer and the other wielding a fake Lightbringer.

I don't know or care how it happens to be honest. I just feel that Jon needs to remain in the book. Not really feeling him warging for large portions of the book as it'll feel a bit too much like Farseer trilogy stuff which whlie I liked, I can do without too much of. Bring him back as Azor Ahai, bring him back as the LC still, or bring him back as lord of Winterfell I don't really care. Someone needs to be at the wall though consistently as what appears to be the real enemy comes from beyond the wall.

• 3 weeks later...

I've said it a few times and i'll say it again,i don't mind seeing Jon's Pov from Ghost for a chapter or to especially if he leaves that wall in search of Bran which is where i think he'll go first.

Jon in Ghost is the perfect spy for what is going on on the wall or beyond it.After he gets much needed info from his external sources he will return to his body which will be in an ice cell waiting to be burnt.

Sorry but there is too much hints in the book that point to Jon actually dying, besides there isn't much more that his character can develop at the wall, so he needs to move on.

GRRM has himself told us that jon is not dead.

Jon in Ghost is the perfect spy for what is going on on the wall or beyond it.After he gets much needed info from his external sources he will return to his body which will be in an ice cell waiting to be burnt.

Don't you think Jon will treated as other when he rises from his ice cells?

jon's story isnt done developing at the wall, he is the only one with any power who actually wants to continue to unite the wildings and the nights watch.

he was the one who brokered the contract with the bank of bravoos

he was going to buy myrish glass to attempt to build a greenhouse just like the one Winterfell, in order to have food for the winter

he is prob the only other character who has an "army" that may assist Stannis at Winterfell

he is the only known surviving "stark blooded" individual, if he decides to appoint a new lord of winterfell (not himself), he could give credence to this individual

if he is dead of not (he's not) he still has a whole lotta story

Jon being dead as far as removing his character from the book just seems unrealistic to me. I think he may "die" simply as a way to move the plot along and then come back to life. What's the one thing that changes when a NW's life ends? He is released from his vows. Seems to be one of the only real narritive need for this attempt on Jon's life to even happen is to get him away from the wall without breaking his oath.

I think some prayer or oath will be said by the NW releasing Jon from his duty, and when he comes back to life (I highly doubt as a wight or an other), he will be free to leave the wall and start the next phase of his journey in this series. I think Martin has gotten as much out of Jon's time on the wall as one could want; he ended with the highest post possible, and oversaw the most timultuous period of change in the wall's history. Time for him to go off and do his next thing. Every other character gets to change and "level up" between each book. Arya, Tyrion, and others are constantly having their staus quo changed; Jon is no different.

Plus, there are only 2 books left so things have to start happening. NOW. I imagine Jon coming back to life will happen early in TWOW, and he'll leave the wall right after spending the rest of the book travelling and gaining pertinent information that we will all be salivating over.

I don't think Jon is dead. Seriously wounded, maybe, but not dead. If he is dead, Melisandre is going to bring him back using some ritual that involves salt and smoke. She is beginning to suspect that she made a mistake thinking Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn. I don't remember the exact quote, but lately when she looks into the flames - looking for Stannis she sees only snow, and Jon Snow. Remember she staged the ritual on Dragonstone to declare Stannis Azor Ahai reborn. She is so wedded to the prophecy she will resort to theatrics to force reality to fit into it.

Actually, I always felt that the whole Stannis is AA reborn thing was a ruse by Melisandre to get him to the wall so that there would at least be a loyal army to support the true AA, aka Jon. The only way Mel could get Stannis to forget about the Iron Throne would be if it was his "duty" as AA to save the NW from the impending doom of invading wildlings and others. Mel is too smart and has predicted too many true events to mess up on something as important as who AA is, and everything seems to be pointing away from Stannis being the real AA, so Mel must have told him that for a reason. Just my opinion.

GRRM has himself told us that jon is not dead.

Don't you think Jon will treated as other when he rises from his ice cells?

. Well yes if the NW knows he is awake. He can be smuggled out by his loyalist,Mel and the wildlings before the rest of the NW knows . The fact that he essentially is still Jon will convince his supporters not to dismember and set him ablaze.

I predict these sequence of events:

1) Jon dies...

2) Castle Black receives a raven or a messenger from Greywater Watch, announcing that Jon had been declared Robb's heir (or that R+L=J)

3) Melisandre then uses the occasion to burn Jon's body since he has King's blood

4) Jon resurrects!

The whole "Jon warging into Ghost" plot idea stinks for one very spoilerific reason. Another prominent character from an excellent series with wolves and dragons etc, who is also a bastard, has a resurrection after he embodies his wolf for a period of time. Many of you won't have read it, but I'm fairly certain GRRM has (or will have had it pointed out to him). It just won't happen. There is certainly a lot of room for interpretation, so I'm going to go on assuming that Jon is really dead.

The whole "Jon warging into Ghost" plot idea stinks for one very spoilerific reason. Another prominent character from an excellent series with wolves and dragons etc, who is also a bastard, has a resurrection after he embodies his wolf for a period of time. Many of you won't have read it, but I'm fairly certain GRRM has (or will have had it pointed out to him). It just won't happen. There is certainly a lot of room for interpretation, so I'm going to go on assuming that Jon is really dead.

GRRM has been on the record saying Jon will learn the truth about his parents. He ain't dead.

Jon will have his version of "birth of Dragon" on a funeral pyre just like Dany did, except Dragon is Jon himself. It is known.......at least to me :eek:

Jon's not dead. Only injured. At the worst he will be removed from the watch and sent into exile beyond it. (Where he can find benjen) and at best he will realize his wrongs and stay lord commander.

Then what? You don't know how many dead bodies are out there preserved under the ice and snow that is what Maester Aegon realized on their voyage to Braavos when pondering about ice and fire and noted that "Fire consumes but cold preserves, Jon must be informed", there can be hundreds of thousands of wights out there ready to be called forth, a sea of cold bright blue eyes.

Jon being dead as far as removing his character from the book just seems unrealistic to me. I think he may "die" simply as a way to move the plot along and then come back to life. What's the one thing that changes when a NW's life ends? He is released from his vows. Seems to be one of the only real narritive need for this attempt on Jon's life to even happen is to get him away from the wall without breaking his oath.

I generally agree, but I am very curious how GRRM will do it. Because Jon decided to be a part of NW and it will not be a simple statement 'ok, I was dead, so now I can go anywhere I want'. I think Jon will not think that way. Soo..... maybe he will still think his duty is NW, but other members will not let him stay. I mean, departure from the wall may be not his decision.

Archived