GoT actors in other shows

Dragonstoned

John Bradley aka Samwell Tarly - I was laughing when I saw him as a fat cardinal in red in the european version of Borgia...

Also saw Liam Cunningham in couple of episodes of Camelot.

Meryn Trant (don't know the actor's name) as a soldier and David Bradley as King Henry's fool I noticed in Tudors.

And in Pillars of the Earth I saw Katie Dickie aka Lisa Arryn as Tom Builder's wife.

I am surprised nobody's mentioned it yet but for Peter Dinklage - The Station Agent. Where he plays the lead and title character, really good film as well.

Nikolai Coster-Waldau similarly big role film I've seen him in is the Norwegian film Headhunters which is something of a dark comedy where he plays the antagonist.

Wanted to compliment everyone of their "off the top of my head" responses. I started this thread one week ago and was curios as to how the responses would flow. After 51 responses, if I had it to do over I would have not stipulated that Sean Bean could not be included (even though there was one reponse that did include Sean).

Glad to know there are movie enthusiests besides myself reading ASoIaF.

Bronn - sorry don't know his real name - is in Ripper Street, a new BBC1 drama set to start on Sunday at 9. It looks really good.

I also noticed the other day that Peter Dinklage/Tyrion was in Elf. His reaction to being called an elf made me laugh, I kept hoping they'd call him 'imp' :laugh:

Also, Gregor was in Prometheus?!

Carice van Houten was awesome in Black Death, which is a susprisingly good medieval horror-drama-morality tale. She plays a beauitful charismatic cult leader with strange powers not unlike Melisandre. I guarantee you HBOs casting people saw her in that movie and figured she would be perfect.

Other Game of Thrones actors are in the movie as well. Sean Bean plays a Knight Templar (her main antagonist) and the actor who plays Marillion in Season 1 is in the movie too.

Just watched this last night. Sean Bean is a great actor for those kinds of roles, but I can't help but think he seems like the same guy every time.

*Some guy slashes his face, pissing him off*

My reaction: Oh, now you've done it. You should know better than to fuck with Boromir. I mean, Ned Stark. I mean... whoever the hell he is now.

Just watched this last night. Sean Bean is a great actor for those kinds of roles, but I can't help but think he seems like the same guy every time.

*Some guy slashes his face, pissing him off*

My reaction: Oh, now you've done it. You should know better than to fuck with Boromir. I mean, Ned Stark. I mean... whoever the hell he is now.

Just check this out:

Roger Allam (Illyrio) and Liam Cunningham (Davos) were in "The Wind that Shakes the Barley".

Thanks 'eddard of hs'....your post sort of reminded me the first time I saw Illyrio on the HBO series. Not quite what I was expecting after reading the books. In any event, his look, mannerisms and voice reminded me of the actor who played Dumbledoor in the Harry Potter movies. I haven't IMDB'd it yet to confirm; but I doubt it.

Thanks 'eddard of hs'....your post sort of reminded me the first time I saw Illyrio on the HBO series. Not quite what I was expecting after reading the books. In any event, his look, mannerisms and voice reminded me of the actor who played Dumbledoor in the Harry Potter movies. I haven't IMDB'd it yet to confirm; but I doubt it.

That's Michael Gambon as Dumbledore. He's not Illyrio.

Oh and, I don't know if this has been said already but, Liam Cunningham (Davos) is in War Horse. He plays the doctor who tells the guy to shoot the horse near the end.

Didn't two different actors wind up playing Dumbledore throughout the course of the movies? I thought the first actor died after the third or fourth one.

It´s not really another show, but Maisie Williams was in a sketch on Funny or Die togehter with Patrick Stewart and Simon Pegg.

Didn't two different actors wind up playing Dumbledore throughout the course of the movies? I thought the first actor died after the third or fourth one.

Yep, Richard Harris played Dumbledore in the first two, then he died. from the third movie onwards Michael Gambon played him.

Yep, Richard Harris played Dumbledore in the first two, then he died. from the third movie onwards Michael Gambon played him.

Yeah. Dumbledore looks a lot older in the first two movies.

Watched "Woman in Black" yesterday. Illyrio and the guy who will play Mance starred in it. And I think I caught a glimpse of Mormont's Raven too. :P

Archived