GoT actors in other shows

Dragonstoned

Also, Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) I heard was in the Dark Knight, and if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure he's the kid who sees Batman and says "The other kids won't believe me," to which Batman's automatic response is to give him a sharp throwing weapon as a souvenir.

Just a little correction. It was Batman Begins not The Dark Knight.

I'm a little surprised no one has brought up Iain Glenn (Jorah Mormont). I've seen him in a few shows; one of my favorites is the Lara Croft/Tomb Raider premeier, where he plays the bad guy confronting Angelina Jolie.

Come to think of it; I think this was the first movie that I actually saw Daniel Craig in as well.....can someone give me "a martini shaken, not stirred".

First time I saw Charles Dance (Tywin) was as Lord Stockbridge in Gosford Park.

Part of me wants to keep a tally of all the Harry Potter actors that are on the show.

I know of at least 4 people who were on Doctor Who (Iain Glenn, Harry Lloyd, Julian Glover and the guy who played Pyat Pree)

First time I saw Charles Dance (Tywin) was as Lord Stockbridge in Gosford Park.

Part of me wants to keep a tally of all the Harry Potter actors that are on the show.

I know of at least 4 people who were on Doctor Who (Iain Glenn, Harry Lloyd, Julian Glover and the guy who played Pyat Pree)

Did the character playing Pyat Pree have hair back in the days???

An update....and holding to the OP guidleines, I'm not looking this up in IMDB.

Watching "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" tonight and I think Maester Luwin shows up. He is the cop (or whateve they call the keepers of peace in Sweden) that originally investigated the murder of the young woman on the island.

Side note...who is more accurate; Maester Luwin or the Ghost of High Heart?

Carice van Houten was awesome in Black Death, which is a susprisingly good medieval horror-drama-morality tale. She plays a beauitful charismatic cult leader with strange powers not unlike Melisandre. I guarantee you HBOs casting people saw her in that movie and figured she would be perfect.

Other Game of Thrones actors are in the movie as well. Sean Bean plays a Knight Templar (her main antagonist) and the actor who plays Marillion in Season 1 is in the movie too.

Carice van Houten was awesome in Black Death, which is a susprisingly good medieval horror-drama-morality tale. She plays a beauitful charismatic cult leader with strange powers not unlike Melisandre. I guarantee you HBOs casting people saw her in that movie and figured she would be perfect.

Other Game of Thrones actors are in the movie as well. Sean Bean plays a Knight Templar (her main antagonist) and the actor who plays Marillion in Season 1 is in the movie too.

I may have to watch that one

Iain Glenn (Jorah Mormont) was in Kingdom of Heaven, Resident Evil Extinction and he also appeared at the end of Apocalypse

Pip stared in the first episode of Misfits

Mackenzie Crook (Orell) stared in The Office and Pirates of the Caribbean

Aidan Gillen (Peter Baelish) stars in the Irish show Love/Hate.

Charles Dance(Tywin) stared in Alien 3

Lena Headey(Cersei) started in Judge Dredd and Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Rory McCann(The Hound) started in Clash if the Titans, Hot Fuzz and Soloman Kane

Jason Momoa(Khal Drogo) stared in Conan the Barbarian

Aiden Gillen(Petyr Baelish) was Lord Rothbone in Shanghai Knights

Also, Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) I heard was in the Dark Knight, and if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure he's the kid who sees Batman and says "The other kids won't believe me," to which Batman's automatic response is to give him a sharp throwing weapon as a souvenir.

As someone already said it was Batman Begins and I believe it was the scope thing he was using not a weapon.

Beat me! I think Pete Drinklage's earliest movie was Living in Oblivion where he plays an obdurate dwarf hired to play a dwarf in a dream scene. "That's the only reason you want a dwarf isn't it? Because it's a dream scene and you can't have a dream scene without a dwarf!"

Saw Liam Cunningham a few days ago in Centurion (starring Michael Fassbaender), his role, dress and features are almost identical to those of Davos, his character is an almost retired grizzled legionnaire... BTW it also has the actor who is now playing the Governor in Walking Dead.

Charles Dance? Where to start, oh I know where to end... He was the Doctor in the penal colony who romanced Sigorney Weaver in Alien III.

Lena Heday? No-one mentioned the Sarah Connor Chronicles?

Did anyone see The Last Legion? There's a whole load of the Thrones cast in there, including:

Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont), Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos), Owen Teale (Alliser Thorne), Robert Pugh (Craster) and Thomas Sangster (Jojen Reed).

It's not great but it is worth a watch. It also has Kevin McKidd in it, who just has to be in Game of Thrones somehow.

Archived