Dragonstoned

• 2 weeks later...

Tywin was in The Golden Child with Eddie Murphy

Davos and Walder Frey are both in Harry Brown

The Old Bear is also in Troy

Jaime is in Black Hawk Down

Craster is in Master and Commander

Yoren is currently on some Johnie Walker adds in Australia

Liam Cunningham (Davos) played an Irish priest in Hunger. He was in one seen that went on for like 20 minutes with Michael Fassbender. Brilliant! Was also in Merlin recently.

Perter Dinklage (Tyrion) was a dwarf in Narnia: Prince Caspian

Harry Lloyd (Viserys) was in Robin Hood (tv show) and also was in Doctor Who season 3. Which is where I knew him from. The actor that is going to play Jojen Reed is also in those 2 episodes.

Lena Headly (Cersei) played the Spartan Queen in 300, played Sarah Connor is TSCC and played a computer wizz in White Collar a couple of years ago.

The movie Troy sees a double header with James Cosmo (Jeor Mormont) getting killed by Odysseus who is played by Sean Bean.

Jack Gleeson (Joffrey) is in Batman Begins as a kid who is saved by Batman.

that's all I've got off the top of my head

Marillion (sorry, don't know his real name!), Sean Bean and Carice Van Houten are all in Black Death. Carice basically plays a blonde Melisandre. Sean Bean is not so much a Ned Stark in this but... good film!

I remember that. All I could think about during her scenes was that she was Melisandre all over again.

I know, but Tomb Raider wasn't mentioned before.

Also, Ian Whyte (Gregor in S2) played the last engineer in Prometheus where he first kills Lisa Tully and some other nice people but later gets impregnated by Vagina dentata.

Ian Glenn (Jorah) was Hamlet in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. He's no Mel Gibson, but it was cool to go back and watch him.

Liam Cunningham (Davos) was in A Little Princess. That's where I knew him from once he showed up in GoT.

Lena Headley (Cersei) was Kitty in a live-action remake of the Jungle Book. Pretty great movie, actually.

The intent here is not to start searching IMDB or other databases on the characters of the HBO series; but rather to make note when you see one on TV (or the movies). Sorry, but I chose to exclude Sean Bean from the list as he is probably the most popular (Troy, Book of Secrets, etc. etc.). Oops; I've already volated my OP exclusion.

Side note: once Season 3 starts I'll probably want to exclude Claren Hinds (Mance Rayder) from the list.

Side note #2: Lena Headley (you can't use 300).

The reason for my post. Was watching the end of The Others (Nicole Kidman) and there was a seance at the end where they are trying to cast out Nicole and her two children. Lo and behold, sitting at the table, was Stoneheart (Catelyn Tully Stark) herself. Actress: Michelle Fairley.

I would be curious to find the actors of Jamie and Tyrion Lannister in other movies. Can't say that I've ever seen them in movies.

Oh yes...and while I'm thinking of it....Tywin Lannister. He was the elder vampire in the recent Underworld (Rise of the Lycans).

Archived