Is this impression of Serena Williams a form of blackface?

Addien

Seriously, have you seen pictures of Serena? A lot of women would kill to have her body,

I would kill myself if I had her body. I don't find it attractive or feminine at all.

Back on topic, I don't think it's racist to mock her proportions, but probably disrespectful and unprofessional.

I would kill myself if I had her body. I don't find it attractive or feminine at all.

why in the world would you feel the need to say this? Did I miss something up thread that makes this relevant? Beauty is subjective (I think she's beautiful, for example) and to say something this aggressively critical is just rude and nasty. And has nothing to do with the OP.

why in the world would you feel the need to say this? Did I miss something up thread that makes this relevant? Beauty is subjective (I think she's beautiful, for example) and to say something this aggressively critical is just rude and nasty. And has nothing to do with the OP.

Has a thread about women on the internet ever not, regardless of the topic, and given enough time, devolved into judgments about their bodies and comparisons of attractiveness?

Back on topic, I don't think it's racist to mock her proportions, but probably disrespectful and unprofessional.

That's extreme and unfair, she has a good athletic body, and while she isn't someone I consider attractive personally,many people of both sexes do.

Has a thread about women on the internet ever not, regardless of the topic, and given enough time, devolved into judgments about their bodies and comparisons of attractiveness?

even if that's true, it doesn't make it right and I'll continue to point out that kind of rude crap when I see it.

Fair enough, Nestor. thanks~

back on point, has Serena ever said anything about this controversy? Just curious how she feels about it. I've been conflicted about this issue since I first saw it on the news... I know that tennis players do this sort of thing quite a bit and am not sure how different this is (not that I much like it). but I also remember when Venus and a bit later Serena came on the tennis scene, their father talked quite a bit in interviews about keeping them apart from the other tennis plays for a variety of reasons. I always wondered how they felt later about not being just "one of the group" or whatever, and how this kind of thing plays into that. I still don't know exactly how to feel about it.

Meh. When people started discussing her beauty they opened the door to this. Don't be surprised that people don't agree with the sentiment that was pushed earlier.

Meh. When people started discussing her beauty they opened the door to this. Don't be surprised that people don't agree with the sentiment that was pushed earlier.

I'm sort of amazed at the new lows this thread manages to find.

Archived