Boardology

Winter's Knight

Oh I admire your inner strength never to give up your fight for the just cause, not even wavering in a thread like this, never giving in to the temptation of smiling of showing any other sign of weakness or idle humour that might lead to having fun here in this so very important thread. Continue your good works of gospel and prayer!

Women of War offically has the best title of all time...

After spending nearly a year on the boards, I have discovered certain trends that all topics follow. I present to you, the Principles of Boardology:

1. All topics lead to Stannis: Every topic has the potential to turn into a Stannis topic. The potential for this to occur is directly proportional to how well regulated the topic is. Ergo troll topics/, general discussion topics and Sansa-bashing will inevitably lead to StanStanning.

2. Every Stag Is A Dragon All Dany threads will inevitably involve a Stannis discussion and vice versa. If carried on long enough, the topic will deteriate into a "Burn them all" free-for-all.

3. Cat's Law: Every Cat topic will inevitably dissolve into a Cat/Jon argument.

4. TySan's Law It is impossible to discuss Tyrion without rehashing his wedding to Sansa.

5. Rape Rape: Neither Robert nor Tyrion may be discussed without an argument involving rape in Westeros.

6. Inevitable Posters: It is not possible to discuss certain topics without certain posters. For example, no Cersei-topic is complete without yours truly, a Sansa-discussion sans Lyanna Stark,Rapsie and Brashcandy cannot exist and Mance-chats will attract Butterbumps without fail.

You forgot one...

7. Women's Studies Tenure-Track Project: All threads involving female characters or male characters will morph into dissertations on the patriarchy and agency within 3 pages. With the exception of threads about the "Properties of Valyrian Steel" and "Which Castle Is Strongest," this means all threads.

-- Corollary: Any "mistakes" made by Danaerys, Sansa, or Catelyn are not actually mistakes. They are forced errors either due to a lack of agency or oppression from the patriarchy. Some of Cersei's mistakes are considered mistakes only because she is selling out her fellow females. However, this is due to her confused agency within the patriarchy, so they are not truly mistakes.

A) Stannis is hot

B) he's not a lite playing jackass

C) well Selyse and he are not exactly all loved up. Throw Val to him and he'll probably be fine. (Or it could be that no woman could handle the intensity and wonder that is Stannis, more than once or twice a tear: he oozes so much 'Man' that even his wife's grown a tache just being around him).

oh god. I think you're confusing Stannis with Don Draper.

Here's another of my observations:

1:) Stannis' fans (commonly called King's men) are the most aggressive to trolls.

2.) Sansa fans usually end up trying to convert said troll.

3.) Mance trolls are blinded by his awesomeness and tend to see everything with a Mance tag.

4.) Dany fans are the fewest and possibly the most subdued

1:) Stannis' fans (commonly called King's men) are the most aggressive to trolls.

3.) Mance trolls are blinded by his awesomeness and tend to see everything with a Mance tag.

1. Why is it "Mance troll" and not "Mance fan" like the others?

2. Didn't you, personally, try to pretend you were Mance to somehow trick me into marrying you?

E-Ro, time for your Stannis' greatest hits...

Well, if your gonna twist my arm...

This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

-Tywin Lannister

He reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights...I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.-stannis

"Ramsay Snow, you mean. The Bastard."

"Never call him that!" Spittle sprayed from Theon's lips. "Ramsay Bolton, not Ramsay Snow, never Snow, never, you have to remember his name, or he will hurt you."

"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by."

Stannis bristled at that. "I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?"

You must not call him that! A wave of pain washed over Theon Greyjoy. He closed his eyes and grimaced. When he opened them again, he said, "You do not know him."

"No more than he knows me."

"Bolton has blundered," the king declared. "All he had to do was sit inside his castle whilst we starved. Instead he has sent some portion of his strength forth to give us battle. His knights will be horsed, ours must fight afoot. His men will be well nourished, ours go into battle with empty bellies. It makes no matter. Ser Stupid, Lord Too-Fat, the Bastard, let them come. We hold the ground, and that I mean to turn to our advantage."

Stannises greatest hits, bought to you by E-Ro, for the night is dark and full of stannis.

I'll echo butterbumps!: why are Mance advocates trolls and not fans?

Also, have you met PatrickStormborn?

Archived