Red Country 2: This time with dickwavery (Spoilers)

Rhom

I feel like I'm the only person who wants Logen to be around for the final trilogy. One of my favorite characters in literature somehow.

He is my favourite too. But i'd rather not have him in the bext trilogy, than have him as a pale shadow of Logen we all know, who is fighting old age,who gets killed by some stray bullet OR gets killed by some young Northman in a duel

I feel like I'm the only person who wants Logen to be around for the final trilogy. One of my favorite characters in literature somehow.

I like him too but his appearance was far too stressful for me in Red Country. I get the impression the more omeone turns up in Joe's book the worse things will go for them. So I'd almost rather not read about him again than see him meet a tragic end - although losing his family was pretty sad anyhow.

He is already old in Red Country and the next book will be like another decade after that. There comes a time where you just have to let a character go.

He is already old in Red Country and the next book will be like another decade after that. There comes a time where you just have to let a character go.

Not that old, wasn't it decided he was in his early 40s in red country? Something about a mention at the start of the blade itself that he had just turned 30?

He just acts a lot older than that. Depending on when the next trilogy is (and how old these kids are supposed to be) he could be just in his late 50s; plenty vital enough to play a role.

we saw Logen in the trilogy as 30 something, right ? Which means that in his Bloody-nine heavy youth, he must be twenty-something.

But, as far as i was able to comprehend, the 30 -ish logen is no different than the 20-ish logen.

He stil kills as easily, he is still a fucking monster in battle. The only thing i think got chaged was that the 20-ish Logen wouldnt have so many internal monologues.

In ARC, he is the same. He still kills easily, kills without thought. And still becomes the B9.

I have read shitloads of Fantasy and SF. But The Most powerful scene i ever read was the first time Logen became the B9.

PS: another was from the WoT book when Rand uses the Ter'angreal to control the two big-ass Sa'angreals

These two scenes being in the same post hurts my heart.

just finished. tore through it in a few days. on first reaction i probably liked it a bit less than the heroes. BSC remains my favorite by Abercrombie.

i rather liked the character returns, especially the small moments from logen like you have to be realistic. say one thing was probably my favorite line

was really happy to see friendly, even if he didn't get much screen time.

and cosca remains my favorite character. not sure if its despite or because of how heelish he went

I have read the three stand alone novels since getting my Nexus 7 in November..... Of the three I like this the least, but it is by no means a bad book. I just found the revenge tale and 3 day war a bit more interesting than a western influenced tale.

Plus, Best Served Cold and the Heroes were just THAT good. I can't decide between the two.

This was a good book though, I really liked Temple and Shy, hopefully everything works out for them. Heck, Lamb too.

I really wish we could have got more information on the Dragon People as well as what was going on in the Empire.

I didn't like what Cosca became, I was really warming up to him by the end of Best Served Cold. I guess not everyone can have a happy ending and he seemed to make a habit out of screwing his life up.

I'm really pumped for the next trilogy though. Quite a few people seem to be taking a seat at the board these days.

Bayaz and the Union

Khalul and the Ghurkish

Shenkt and Styria

Zachariah and the Empire

Should be interesting to watch it all unfold. I especially would like to see more Shenkt, he is just too awesome.

Logen would be awesome to see again... although it is weird seeing him being portrayed as an "old" man... I mean I pictured him in his late 30's in the First Law Trilogy....but when we saw him last everyone seemed to portray him as being in his 60's...which I guess isn't that old.

But yes, Glokta is someone I would absolutely love to check in with. I am very curious to see how he is handling being the puppeteer and keeping the Union in check for the Big B. I am also curious to see how his "son" is doing.... From everything we know, Jezal and Glokta were very much alike in personality and good looks in their prime (with Gloka being more skillful with a sword), so there is no doubt he will be able to pass the kid off for his own.

If we do get a second trilogy I would damn near crap my pants if we have POV's in all five regions (The Empire, the North, the Union, Styria and Ghurkal). From what we know in Best Served Cold, it seems that Ferro has done some damage down south.

Dream POV's:

North: Calder, The Dogman

Union: Glokta, Jezel's kid

Empire: Logen and Conthus

Ghurkul: Ferro and Ishri

Styria: Shenkt, Monza's Kid

I would really like to see a POV from one of Khalul's people...I think it would give a better perspective as to what they are all about.

I would really like to see a POV from one of Khalul's people...I think it would give a better perspective as to what they are all about.

+1

i wouldn't want it to be that unfocussed.

i would like to see the ghurkish as central protaganists. not as heroes or good guys, mind you

I am not sure if there are any "heros or good guys" in JA's works.

Archived