Why do people call Edmure Tully stupid?

Jamie Lannistah

I have never called Robb a scumbag, the only person I have seen say that is you. You are perhaps a little to attached to a fictional character. He is allowed to be wrong and make mistakes.

Lying for what he believes is the greater good does not make him a scumbag. We know that Ned lied to Cat for their entire marriage about Jon, that does not make him a scumbag.

You have been shown multiple times. While Edmure is still at the Fords, a short distance from Riverrun, everyone is making the double celebration of Edmure and Robbs victories.

The Crag is much further away so that victory happened first as news takes longer to get. From the evidence in the books they happened at the same time, if you have actual evidence that they did not then show it.

I have not been shown anything . A couple of people on a forum have made assumptions about what timeline various events happen when the books are very vague about when the events happen. I put a link up earlier that stated that the Battle of the Crag happened a month after the Battle of the Fords and I believe it . You believe in a different timeline and that's your choice but don't act like you know for sure what the timeline is. Celebrating something does not tell you when the event happened , you can celebrate something weeks or months or even years after the event happened.

Robb's failure was Robb's fault. He told Edmure to guard his rear and if The Battle Of The Fords did not take place, Robb would have been trapped in the Westerlands with a far smaller force. He only had cavalry whereas Tywin had Pikes, knights and archers.

He had the Blackfish one of the best commanders in the Seven Kingdoms and he had time to prepare the battlefield. He also had time on his side . The longer that he could keep Tywin in the West the better chance Stannis had to take Kings Landing.

He had the Blackfish one of the best commanders in the Seven Kingdoms and he had time to prepare the battlefield. He also had time on his side . The longer that he could keep Tywin in the West the better chance Stannis had to take Kings Landing.

And beyond that, a cavalry force is much more mobile than a mixed force. Unless Tywin ditches his pikes and archers, it should be pretty easy for Robb to avoid Tywin.

And beyond that, a cavalry force is much more mobile than a mixed force. Unless Tywin ditches his pikes and archers, it should be pretty easy for Robb to avoid Tywin.

Well, he could do that. A 1/3 of Tywin force was horsed, that gives him an advantage over Robbs 6k and that is providing he has not already lost the 1k Freys he had with him.

Archived