[Sample] Arianne I

Ran

Just promise me our trouble-finding girl, Arya stays OUT of Darkstars orbit. :stillsick:

I actually have a pet theory. After Arya's new training, she gets into the orbit of our good Lord of the Waters. ;) ;)

Is it possible Saan got his hands on the kraken horn, and he's using it against Aurane in some pirate power struggle?

Regardless I seriously doubt we've seen the last of Saan.

Against? loooooool. Now that my pet theory has been confirmed about Aurane, i think its safe to theorize that Salla and Aurane are actually on the same team. [/greenseeing Florina]

Aurane Waters is the pirate king, who has set up in Torturer's Deep, no?

The strange thing is that this pirate has three huge ships, was said.

But he stole six ships. Where could be the pther three.... Seems not everything was told about this yet

I actually have a pet theory. After Arya's new training, she gets into the orbit of our good Lord of the Waters. ;) ;)

Against? loooooool. Now that my pet theory has been confirmed about Aurane, i think its safe to theorize that Salla and Aurane are actually on the same team. [/greenseeing Florina]

Thank you.

As Arya Nym said, perhaps Arya runs afoul of Euron and his Kraken since much textual evidence seems to support that foreshadowing, but Aurane is in the right place at the right time to help her. :wub:

Actually, it says he has three-deckers (galleys with three decks), not that he has three ships.

Yes. Three-deck warship. Wasnt Arianne going "how the hell did some pirate get a hold of a huge three-decker warship? Because wasnt it Sweet Cersei that had the three-decks? Those ships he lifted from KL, were actually built for naval warfare. The biggest one spotted must have been his flagship. :drool:

Thank you.

As Arya Nym said, perhaps Arya runs afoul of Euron and his Kraken since much textual evidence seems to support that foreshadowing, but Aurane is in the right place at the right time to help her. :wub:

I'd rather it go something like this.

Arya learns about what happened to Jon and sees a huge ship docked in Braavos that looks obviously Westerosi. She stows away on it pretending to be a mere deck-hand. Catching glimpses of its captain once in a while. Perhaps even recognizing the figurehead and finds that terribly amusing. (i know i would.) After watching and hearing whats up with this crew and captain, she continues to stay aboard. Only for the Lord of the Waters and his pirate fleet to run into some Ironborn reavers and a huge sea battle ensues. Who comes out the victor, who knows.....But this fleet is a war fleet so.....

;)

When I heard there was some Aurane news in the new chapter, I thought of you.

And I can dig this theory. Arya and Aurane - their names even sound a bit alike. ;)

Eadie, there were no words to describe what i was feeling when i saw the words "Lord of the Waters." So much flailing....Its like GRRM had peered into my mind!!! So i really hope my Aurane/Salla double team pirate theory is correct. Especially since two other theories i had seem explicitly hinted at.

(Arianne getting in Aegon's orbit and her thoughts on the Viserys fiasco....)

I want to see a kraken too. Blood draws them to the water. That explains the Ibbenese whaler attack as the ship left a trail of or reeked of whale blood.

"They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died."

This could foreshadow the Dance of Dragons 2.0.

im fairly certain that the krakens and other things they see are on sails. as iron fleet led by victarion is heading that way, taking as many ships with it as it can.

also as to this "Lord of the Waters" this seems like aurane waters, but what ever happened to sallador saan? im pretty sure in one of the davos chapters he tells him he's going to loot around the stepstones.

speaking of sails im pretty sure they mention mermen on some.. could be implying manderly's movements.

"They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died."

This line just makes me think Dragons are just as bad to Westeros as Others are.

Yep. Notice nothing about dragons saving the day or liberating anyone or doing anything heroic. Dragons = death.

And the idea of Dany and Sansa becoming BFFs makes me throw up in my mouth a little. ETA: To expand on that more, not only is it just trite as hell, but the Theon and Arianne chapters seem to draw clear regional lines of demarcation: It's Stannis (and perhaps Jon) who will carry out the northern plot, while Aegon and Dany have southern arcs. I don't think it's coincidental that we have one "northern" preview and one "southern" one. Two separate theaters. I also don't think Sansa needs Dany but that's neither here nor there.

Yep. Notice nothing about dragons saving the day or liberating anyone or doing anything heroic. Dragons = death.

And the idea of Dany and Sansa becoming BFFs makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Well. there was that one time the dragons saved... I mean, they helped...

Ok, you're right.

Can anybody explain to me what's the deal with Aurane? He stole Cersei's ships; we already knew that. Does something escape me or is the stuff here only fangirling over a hot dude? Pretty please?

Hardly.

He is obviously the Lord of the Waters and shit disturbing all over the Narrow Sea and stuff. He used Cersei's fleet to meet his own ends. He may have a part to play in the grand scheme of things. A pirate lord who has Westerosi ships with the Queen Regent's sigils and figureheads on them, that were built for naval warfare. Its gonna look really interesting and suspicious to outsiders and the Ironborn. In short, its already caught people's attention. I cannot help but feel that this is significant to the events to come.

And the idea of Dany and Sansa becoming BFFs makes me throw up in my mouth a little. ETA: To expand on that more, not only is it just trite as hell, but the Theon and Arianne chapters seem to draw clear regional lines of demarcation: It's Stannis (and perhaps Jon) who will carry out the northern plot, while Aegon and Dany have southern arcs. I don't think it's coincidental that we have one "northern" preview and one "southern" one. Two separate theaters. I also don't think Sansa needs Dany but that's neither here nor there.

Don't paint it in black colors. I want a sample chapter next year, too.

Bon Appetit, BTW.

With all the cheesy bromances in the series, I think it would be nice to have a strong friendship between two female characters who don't view each other as rivals or "need" each other but voluntarily help each other out.

If you have a problem with that, then that's your business. But don't pretend that the idea of Sansa's involvement in the dance of the dragons is contrived. There's enough foreshadowing to suggest that, not only will Sansa's story be focused on both the North and the South, but that she will at the very least observe the dance of the dragons. We also know from the House of the Undying that Dany will clash with Stannis, suggesting either his involvement in the South or her involvement in the North.

As I've said, it's not about Sansa needing Dany. It's about the two of them working together to help each other out. No (wo)man is an island. :)

Hardly.

He is obviously the Lord of the Waters and shit disturbing all over the Narrow Sea and stuff. He used Cersei's fleet to meet his own ends. He may have a part to play in the grand scheme of things. A pirate lord who has Westerosi ships with the Queen Regent's sigils and figureheads on them, that were built for naval warfare. Its gonna look really interesting and suspicious to outsiders and the Ironborn. In short, its already caught people's attention. I cannot help but feel that this is significant to the events to come.

Florina, I say again, your a green-seeing goddess :bowdown:

Archived