Dany vs Aegon in the battle for Dornish support.

Jon Icefyre

He rejected the marriage thing cuz of his gayscale.

:lol:

Seriously though... JonCon advises Aegon to remain a bachelor so when Dany comes, Aegon can marry her. Thing is, Dany just got married again and her dragon roasted poor Quentyn. Sadly, Dany lose both Aegon and Dorne's support. Aegon is now free to choose who to marry. He'll get more support from Dorne for sure, but the Tyrells might plot to get rid of Tommen so Margaery can marry him too. Aegon got the edge unless Dany will do something quick and smart about this.

If Cersei wins her innocence in a trial by battle, which I think we all believe is very likely, and Margery is pronounced guilty by verdict, then the alliance between the lions and Roses will be over. This will push Highgarden to support the only remaining king available, Aegon.

Once Aegon has Highgarden support Aegon can pretty much just take the iron throne. Aegon doesn't need Dorne. Aegon just needs the Highsparrow.

In light of this, I doubt Doran will do anything. Aegon isn't his enemy and if He just kills the Lannister messengers and ignores their messages, then he can claim he never got the messages and not be a Lannister enemy either. Doran has spent this entire book series doing nothing. He can continue to do nothing.

If Cersei wins her innocence in a trial by battle, which I think we all believe is very likely, and Margery is pronounced guilty by verdict, then the alliance between the lions and Roses will be over. This will push Highgarden to support the only remaining king available, Aegon.

Once Aegon has Highgarden support Aegon can pretty much just take the iron throne. Aegon doesn't need Dorne. Aegon just needs the Highsparrow.

In light of this, I doubt Doran will do anything. Aegon isn't his enemy and if He just kills the Lannister messengers and ignores their messages, then he can claim he never got the messages and not be a Lannister enemy either. Doran has spent this entire book series doing nothing. He can continue to do nothing.

The more I've thought about this the more I've realized that if Doran believes Aegon is legit then Aegon will get Dorne's full support regardless of what happens with Dany. Aegon would be the son of Elia which would give him Martell blood along with being Doran's nephew there's no way Doran would not give Aegon his support regardless of a marriage with Arianne or not. If Doran believes Aegon is legit then Dorne's support is in the bag.

The more I've thought about this the more I've realized that if Doran believes Aegon is legit then Aegon will get Dorne's full support regardless of what happens with Dany. Aegon would be the son of Elia which would give him Martell blood along with being Doran's nephew there's no way Doran would not give Aegon his support regardless of a marriage with Arianne or not. If Doran believes Aegon is legit then Dorne's support is in the bag.

Agreed, 100%

Dorne will support Aegon, that seems a given. It is time for the Dornish armies to fight someone. As for Aegon taking a queen, there is no need to take Arianne since Dorne is blood relation to him. Sansa will be his and the Vale armies will join him.

Dorne will support Aegon, that seems a given. It is time for the Dornish armies to fight someone. As for Aegon taking a queen, there is no need to take Arianne since Dorne is blood relation to him. Sansa will be his and the Vale armies will join him.

Interesting. What about Harry the Heir? I've always seen Sansa's path pointing North. I think its more likely Aegon and Sansa wind up on opposite sides.

That's a good point no one seems to mention the Vale who (along with Dorne) has the freshest army In the seven kingdoms at the moment. The downsides to this theory though are that the Vale was one of the more infuentual members of the rebellion against the Targs, so JC might not be so eager to side with them then again he might not have a choice. There's also the matter of Littlefinger and his plans/agenda. But he might see this as a potenial oppurtunity and if there was indeed a marriage and Sansa's identity was revealed it could very well give Aegon the north's allegiance as well.....Only time will tell.

Sansa will not be on Aegon's list of potential brides so long as she's hiding in the Vale as Alayne Stone, as JC is not going to marry Aegon to some bastard daughter of Littlefinger. Thus, this match could only happen if Littlefinger sought JC out and told him the truth (or after Sansa disposed of Littlefinger, provided that happens). I'm also not convinced that Littlefinger would want the match, as I'm pretty sure that he wants Sansa for himself, which would be much easier to arrange with her married to Harry than with her married to Aegon.

Dorne will support Aegon, that seems a given. It is time for the Dornish armies to fight someone. As for Aegon taking a queen, there is no need to take Arianne since Dorne is blood relation to him.

Yet she'll seduce him all the same. We've already seen Jon Connington admit that Aegon is harder to control now that he's no longer using his alter ego. Arianne I hints at a few things. For example her former lover makes snide comments about her wanting her brother to succeed. We know that she is power hungry, and has no problem using sex to get ahead. She seems to think she has learned her lesson and knows how to play the game but I don't think she has learned. and won't notice that the marriage is unnecessary or won't care because it makes her Queen. Aegon the cocky wanker will probably assume that he can have Daenerys and Arianne.

I'm pretty sure Dorne will throw its lot in with Aegon also. They can seal the alliance with a mairrage pact with Arrienne or a Sand Snake. Ultimately Dorne is in it for vengance and a quick power grab. This would also make sense in Cersei's profecies as Arriene would become the woman that takes everything from her.

The only way I don't see it happening is if Sarella somehow finds out Aegon is a fake.

I don't think we got the Arianne chapter 1 for no reason. If we take away from it only that Areo is in the hunt of Darkstar then we miss most of what we are told. Doran is skeptical of Aegon being Aegon, and he has left it to Arianne to tell us. Now I don't want to cause a whole boys vs girls thing here which seems to happen a lot, but Arianne is lets call it promiscuous. She also could not be called a genious by any standards, so what is her conclusion going to be after meeting Aegon? She was attracted to darkstar and darkstar has the targ features so lets not pretend that it will be all in her brain. I can't picture anything that would convince Arianne that Aegon isn't Aegon, especially after the convo with the phrophetic girl talking about the dance of dragons. And if I can't come up with a scenario where Arianne calls out Aegon, then Dorne declares for Aegon.

I think Dorn will not only support Aegon but it will be Dorne that will cause a rift between Aegon and Danny.

As soon as distorted news of evill crazy queen feeding poor prince of dorne to her dragons arrives in Dorne, people will get anti-danny sentiments. Doran will probably die from heartbreak and Arianne will become a leader of Dorne.

She will get Aegon marry her and "abandon" plans of alliance with Danny

+ there might be also an info about Danny being dead - most of people in Mereen think that she is dead - so what prevents the same rumor to reach westeros? Aegon might even get JonCons blessing to marry Arianne if they think that Danny is dead.

Archived