TTTNE 378: Quirky Animals

Silver Spearwife

All the suggestions (including my own thoughts) seemed to be heading in this direction...

When I first joined TTTNE there was a war raging between the otters, who were aiding us, and the Gopherian Menace.

As Queen Spearwife, I entreat everyone to come together and help us in this fight, to overthrow the demons gophers! Power to the otters! Together we stand strong against this powerful foe!

(Narwhals and platypi welcome)

ETA: Edited the number in the title because clearly I can't count.

I've been meaning to mention, on the subject of "Gopherian" ...My long-time internet mascot, Chippy the Gopher (who I will soon update my avatar to accompany) used to be a militant dictator of the republic of Gopharnia. Seriously, there was this website about creating your own nations. It was a game on an old forum I used to go to.

I've been meaning to mention, on the subject of "Gopherian" ...My long-time internet mascot, Chippy the Gopher (who I will soon update my avatar to accompany) used to be a militant dictator of the republic of Gopharnia. Seriously, there was this website about creating your own nations. It was a game on an old forum I used to go to.

Nominee for this year's Geekiest post. I know it's early in the year, but this one has legs. :bowdown:

Some said they missed the flower. This is as good an opportunity to go back to it as any else.

Also, I am still not sure what gophers are, but is do not think they can be that bad.

ETA: Plucking strictly forbidden.

Congrats on the win Silver! Awesome awesome theme. I don't post here that often but love the theme so much I may change my av for it...

Also, I am still not sure what gophers are, but is do not think they can be that bad.

:laugh: I think gophers may be a north american phenomenon only, here is a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopher_(animal)

I disagree with Silver, they are adorable and awesome but so are otters.

:laugh: I think gophers may be a north american phenomenon only, here is a link

http://en.wikipedia..../Gopher_(animal)

Yes, I think they are as wikipedia does not have many articles in other languages! :laugh:Also my dictionary has this word in it, but apparently we do not have a special word for it, it only says "American hamster". (Oh, and a person from Minnesota, apparently.)

Somebody call palimpsest, she would like the theme. :)

But what will be done about the conspiratorial Evil Squirrel Nation?

These rodents are invading our homes in high numbers in the southeastern United States! We would happily deal with a mole, a gopher, or a huge-age aggressive possum on an occasional basis.

Its the Evil Squirrel Nation that is taking over!!!!! (Please see opening post to TTTNE 377, Fat squirrels).

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eta: must get good picture of the Spamperial Court Dire-Terrier...she is the last defense against the Evil Squirrel Nation!

Yes, I think they are as wikipedia does not have many articles in other languages! :laugh:Also my dictionary has this word in it, but apparently we do not have a special word for it, it only says "American hamster". (Oh, and a person from Minnesota, apparently.)

That's funny, they are definitely not hamsters. :laugh: or people from Minnesota, far as I know? maybe that is midwest slang I'm not familiar with. but the university of minnesota has a team called the gophers, maybe that's what it's referring to?

Congrats on the win, Silver!

Nominee for this year's Geekiest post. I know it's early in the year, but this one has legs. :bowdown:

Agreed, it has legs. But I assure you ab aeterno and I can break them if he ever starts posting regularly in here. :fencing: I haven't played NationStates in years since I assume that's what loz was talking about.

Archived