TTTNE 378: Quirky Animals

Silver Spearwife

I think this is good enough. Live and let live. I will go on believing that squirrels are cute. :wub:

They are very cute in your yard. They are not very cute when Mama squirret eats through the eaves of your home and sets up home for her and the babies. Once the babies are born, she wants to protect them. And if she set up shop right over where you park you vehicle, you may be attacked.

My nephs were12 and 14 and had never killed anything when this happened. My dad and brother decided to get them BB guns to teach them how to shoot. I came home to 4 men from 12 -66 hiding behind garbage pick up cans. I sent them all inside and went and bought two live squirrel traps. I was on my own to preserve life. That mama was one mean Evil Squirrel!

We tore all the wood eaves down that summer and put vinyl siding up. No more squirrels. At least not in the house. Now they are in the old shed. Dazee the pit bull chases them and the Spamperial Dire-Terrier stalks them.

Of course, Dazee and Wendy never catch them. But we have lots of fun watching them try!

Time for me to amble off. Spam well.

Quoth...You can't leave! Silver Spearwife has dedicated an entire thread to ensure that you and Ice Crow can eat through the winter. Here...have some squirrel!

Rats are good to feed snakes with.

Yes they are. Unfortunately, they keep killing the snakes around here. This has allowed the squirrel and (stray cat) population to proliferate at my pond.

Just showed my mom the new feature, she could only name Robb, Arya, the Dwarf, the mother (Catelyn), the asshole (Joffrey), the twins and the daddy of the twins. I am disappoint.

Some said they missed the flower. This is as good an opportunity to go back to it as any else.

Also, I am still not sure what gophers are, but is do not think they can be that bad.

ETA: Plucking strictly forbidden.

But as teh offical court appointed Plucker, I can pluck right?

Fly-By

Real quick hi :kiss: :grouphug: and bye :( to everyone. Haven't read back but congratulations Silver on the win :cheers: i like the theme, but does this CROW count as being quirky enough :leer: HAR HAR HAR.

One piece of official business, it took awhile to nail down this person's official title in the Lion and Crow spam court but finally a title has been found that is perfect.

So today Lion and Crow hereby decree that Saint Arya has taken her seat at the Spam Court and her title from this day forward shall be.

Royal Ambassador of Love and Friendship, Granter of Fine and Dirty Nicknames & Master of Leer's and Seduction.

:cheers: :cheers:

But as teh offical court appointed Plucker, I can pluck right?

Even though it is just a fly-by, i could use a good plucking Peb's :leer:

Fly-By

Real quick hi :kiss: :grouphug: and bye :( to everyone. Haven't read back but congratulations Silver on the win :cheers: i like the theme, but does this CROW count as being quirky enough :leer: HAR HAR HAR.

CROW! :grouphug: :kiss: Quirky enough by all means! I am happy you appear in here!

Even though it is just a fly-by, i could use a good plucking Peb's :leer:

I am not Pebs, but I am sure I could pluck ...

... then again, I was trying to forbid any kind of plucking two pages ago ...

... ah, to hell with it. *plucks a feather* :leer:

*hides petals* :blushing:

Bex, we had squirrels in our attic too. But it wasn't their fault--an ice storm ripped the gutters off the house last winter and opened a hole in the roof so a family of them could get in. They were actually kind of adorable--you could see them popping their little heads out from time to time. But when the land lady finally got around to fixing the roof, the guys she hired didn't listen to my upstairs neighbor who told them they needed to get the squirrels out before they reroofed. They just closed up the hole and one of the squirrels got trapped in there--my poor neighbor had to listen to him scrambling frantically around and scratching to get out.

We have no acess to the attic so we thought he would just die up there, but after a couple days some how he found his way down three stories to the basement! He must've found his way thru the pipes or the walls or something.

He seemed pretty freaked out when I found him down there and let him outside.

Archived