Biggest potential spoiler of the series, in your opinion?

The Jon Arryn poisoning - that LF and Lysa were behind. I did not see that coming at all, and it blew my mind. If I had that spoiled, it would have changed my book reading experience.

I had Ned's death spoiled by the show, as I was a show-watcher first. And even then, I accidentally clicked on a spoiler and saw it. So boo. But it was still dramatic and shit.

I also knew about the RW sort of, in that I knew Robb would die at a wedding. I had no idea how horrible it would be and that Catelyn dies too. So even though it was semi-spoiled, it was still incredibly sad and awful and made me put the book down for a few days.

I would have to say Ned's death because if I had known that (and I started with the show), I don't think I would have stuck with it b/c I love Sean Bean Boromir so much, but it ends up really setting off the story.

Sean Bean, pretty sure that guy was made to die incredibly moving deaths in all his roles.

To the original poster, i had the red wedding spoiled. I finished Clash of Kings on a sunday, and the bookstore wasnt open, i couldnt help myself and had to look at the plot summary online. Swear by the old gods and new i will not be doing that for the Winds of Winter, no matter how much i wanna know what happens with Stannis and Jon

Eddard's Death

Dany hatching the Dragons

Renly's Death

The Hound meeting and Helping Arya

Lord Tywin's and Shae's deaths by Tyrion

Ser Kevan's Death and Aegon being alive

Ser Aery's Oakheart's death

Balon's Death

Lady Lysa's unnecessary Death

Littlefinger being behind the plot to rescue Sansa (I actually liked Littlefinger for that, for a time).

Yoren's Death

Destruction of Winterfell by the Boltons

Reek

Ygritte Dying

Stannis saving Jon

Davos being dead then alive but still dead

Eddard's death :bawl:

The Red wedding

Tyrion killing Tywin and Shae

Tyrion marrying Sansa

The outcome of the Viper vs the Mountain

Jon becoming Commander and 'dying'

Aegon's alive

Lysa poisoning Jon Arryn

Sadly nearly all of this was spoiled for me.

Not a "spoiler" perse - Jaime's redemption. I don't think he's truly reached it yet either, but I thought he was destined to be a villainous scumbag.

Ned's execution, the 'Red Wedding,' Arristan Whitebeard, Littlefinger/Lady Lysa poisoning Jon Arryn, Lady Stoneheart, Aegon Targaryen and Jon's stabbing are all right up there.

Have to agree on the Red Wedding.

Was spoiled for Tywin's death myself.

I had only watched the show and was planning on reading the books when i saw aDwD in a bookstore,

so I picked it up and without thinking started reading the back.

Why, oh why does the first sentence have to be 'Tyrion, after having killed his father...'

Didnt even give me the chance to realize it was the fifth book I was holding.

I personally would have hated to be spoiled for the Sansa and Tyrion wedding to, as it came like quite a shock to me when I first read it.

I'm surprised so many people say Red wedding because I was not even shocked by it. I had a bad feeling the moment Cat made the deal to marry Rob to a Frey it was going to end badly, then after Rob got married I was just waiting for it. So hearing about it ahead of time would not have spoiled anything for me.

What would:

Viserys death ~ I thought he was going to invade Westeros at some point... and THEN die! lol

Littlefinger saving Sansa ~ I assumed he was in with the Lannisters.

Lysa poisoning Jon Arryn ~ of course... that was brilliant.

My biggest one:

Danny losing her baby ~ I really thought that baby was going to take over the world.

Archived