Biggest potential spoiler of the series, in your opinion?

The Red Wedding. Ned's death (and to a lesser degree Lady's death) were shocking and were early warning shots but I could always reason that it was meant to drive the story. The red wedding was proof that this series will not only go there but go beyond. I almost threw away my book in disgust.

R+L=J, this one is a pleasant spoiler. Totally missed it first time and actually I'd appreciate being warned about it beforehand, it's beautiful seeing how the pieces fall together.

Daario, even on rereads I'm utterly disgusted by this turn of events. It's a spoiler I really can't live with even after rereading ADWD a few times. GRRM took a gamble too far with one of his main characters.

The Red Wedding. Ned's death (and to a lesser degree Lady's death) were shocking and were early warning shots but I could always reason that it was meant to drive the story. The red wedding was proof that this series will not only go there but go beyond. I almost threw away my book in disgust.

R+L=J, this one is a pleasant spoiler. Totally missed it first time and actually I'd appreciate being warned about it beforehand, it's beautiful seeing how the pieces fall together.

Daario, even on rereads I'm utterly disgusted by this turn of events. It's a spoiler I really can't live with even after rereading ADWD a few times. GRRM took a gamble too far with one of his main characters.

I don't understand this whole Daario bit, please explain?

When you put both Ned's and Visery's deaths together, we quickly learned this series wouldn't hesitate to kill off main characters. Even when we thought they'd be the antagonist/protagonist.

My list

Figuratively everything in AGOT and ASOS

I would also nominate the Red Wedding.

ETA: Oh also that we're five books in and Dany hasn't gotten to Westeros yet.

But that's a spoiler most people won't believe, I jokingly told a friend that in the fifht book Dany is not in Westeros yet and her reaction was. "Nah, you're just trying to be silly" (because she loves Dany)

ETA: and before someone said I'm the worst kind of friend to spoil it, she ask me about it

But that's a spoiler most people won't believe, I jokingly told a friend that in the fifht book Dany is not in Westeros yet and her reaction was. "Nah, you're just trying to be silly" (because she loves Dany)

ETA: and before someone said I'm the worst kind of friend to spoil it, she ask me about it

A TV-only fan was talking to me about this at a party over the weekend and straight-up asked if Dany was in Westeros yet. "Is Dany queen yet?" I'm like, "Uh ..."

Red Wedding is definitely an obvious one. Woooweee, I can still remember my jaw dropping to the floor when I first read that scene.

Others...let's see....

-Theon becoming "Reek" would be a really big one, at least to me.

-Joffrey's death.

-Zombie Catelyn.

-Cersei's "Walk of Shame"

-Arya in Faceless Man training (Though maybe this one wouldn't be much as a spoiler, more like a cause for disbelief)

-Tyrion's wandering around in the south after murdering his father and prostitute lover, living the life as a massive fugitive with a psychic fire priest, a hidden alleged prince, and a drawf, then ultimately living as a slave, then living the life as a Mercenary for a bunch of very dangerous dudes. Reaaally big transition from where he was earlier in the books to where he is in ADWD.

-Lysa announcing she was the cause of Arryn's death amongst other chaos, then her own death.

I'm sure there is a buttload more, but those came to mind first.

When I entice people to read the books I try my best to shelter them from ruining anything for themselves, I will purposely feed them wrong information and tell them to avoid forums such as these or even reading Facebook/Youtube comments related to the series.

The RW was spoiled for me and so was Theon becoming Reek, two huge plot developments. The least I can do is protect others.

Joffrey's death was also ruined for me but I didn't care as much because I knew he was going to die soon. Reading ASOS it becomes pretty clear that he would die at his wedding.

A TV-only fan was talking to me about this at a party over the weekend and straight-up asked if Dany was in Westeros yet. "Is Dany queen yet?" I'm like, "Uh ..."

well in all fairness she is (was?) a Queen. The Queen of I-just-don't-care-about-this-place-anymore

Archived