Whom do you foresee Arya having to marry, if anyone at all?

I think that Bran meant it more in a way that she will never marry someone just because she was told to do so. Especially not some Frey.

FM are also against their members killing for vengeance. Arya was told so, but she clearly doesn't plan to obey in that.

I think he meant it the same way Jon did. He can't see her doing it.

In her thoughts Arya says no to marriage offers unlike vengeance and also does not take opportunities to allow that option to be in her future. The longer she stays the less likely it is available to her.

My suspicion on no can do both is that it means that they sterilize their female recruits. If they can change the waif I see no reason why they can't physically prevent their female recruits from reproducing.

Now, I don't think she will stay long enough to get inducted unless that's what her endgame is but if she does leave I highly doubt her motivation will be because she found some man she wanted to marry.

Then of course it's also stated many times on the board that the longer she stays the harder it's going to be for her to leave without repercussions.

As said upthread her wolf also rejects a mate. The two may not be connected but they both coincidentally are making similar choices.

In 2020, if we're lucky, the final volume of ASOIAF will be published. Arya will finish the series as a stone-cold killer who's fed her half-Frey nephew to Nymeria and festooned the Red Keep's godswood with Tyrion's, Tommen's and Myrcella's entrails in honor of the coronation of her half-brother Jon Snow-Stark Targaryen, the Ice King. (Bran and Bloodraven enjoy the snack.) At the actual coronation she and Asha lock eyes and feel the thunderbolt, and as soon as the coronation feast is done the two women vow their commitment to each other, jump aboard Asha's ship and sail off for adventure of a kind available only to girl pirates. Gendry, meanwhile, is still at the inn being well and truly pussywhipped by Willow Heddle.

And still there will be posters who insist that Arya will change her mind as she matures, that she'll want to settle down, have babies, wear skirts, do needlework and enjoy the ocassional lemon cake. Of course she will choose Gendry, a sullen youth she knew for a few weeks when she was nine years old, to sire her children, because that's what mature women do, isn't it?

Damn. Arya can go half-way around the world, be initiated into the esoteric rites of the world's most dangerous cult of assassins, learn half-a-dozen languages, make her way through a dangerous city blind, change skins with animals 1000 miles away, but she can't beat biology.

The correct answer is: Arya Stark marries Ramsey Bolton DUH...

on a slightly more serious note:

Arienne lost her maidenhood at 14, Asha at 15, Sansa at four and ten. Arya is what one and ten? two and ten? I can't recall any "lady" losing their maidenhood that young in the books. Arya seen women getting raped, sold goods in brothels and to a courtesan (once).

If she has to marry someone? It will be because she choose to.

on a slightly more serious note:

Arienne lost her maidenhood at 14, Asha at 15, Sansa at four and ten. Arya is what one and ten? two and ten? I can't recall any "lady" losing their maidenhood that young in the books. Arya seen women getting raped, sold goods in brothels and to a courtesan (once).

If she has to marry someone? It will be because she choose to.

Sansa is still intact, as far as i know.

Actually, this could turn out to be hilarious.

The real Arya decides to play wifey for Ramsay, then soon aftewards murders him to take control of the Dreadfort and extinguish House Bolton. Rumour has it that before he died, he was forced to eat his own fingers and much else that protruded from his body.

The real Arya decides to play wifey for Ramsay, then soon aftewards murders him to take control of the Dreadfort and extinguish House Bolton. Rumour has it that before he died, he was forced to eat his own fingers and much else that protruded from his body.

The funny, well, "funny" thing is that Ramsay hates Jeyne and treats her badly because she's not the real Arya, but if he had the real Arya his marriage would be as short as Joffrey's. Be careful what you ask for.

Love it. lol

Awesome!

A slightly watered down book version of Cesare Borgia would be great imo. By watered down I mean no syphilis, and not all those illegitimate children, and no killing women and children just because they're prisoners, and he would need to be loyal to her without a doubt.

But not marriage. More like a Bonnie and Clyde and wreak havoc on the masses type of thing.

Machiavelli used Cesare as a template for The Prince. Things like information being vital (Arya gathers info for the KM), trust few (Arya does tihs), it's better to feared than loved but not hated (Arya thinks this at one point), or cruel than merciful can all apply to her (Leaving the Hound to die instead of showing mercy). She's just not in a political position of power.

Alexander was by far the more astute politician, and Cesare the more ruthless man of action. Ambitious and arrogant, he was determined to establish himself as an Italian prince before his father died and left him deprived of the political and financial support of the papacy. Aut Caesar, aut nihil (“Either Caesar or Nothing”) was the motto he adopted to indicate the single-mindedness of his purpose.

. A number of political assassinations have been attributed to him, but the crime of which he was most clearly the author was the murder in August 1500 of his brother-in-law <a href="http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/14647/Alfonso-I">Alfonso, duke of Bisceglie, the second husband of Lucrezia. It seems likely that this was an act of personal vengeance rather than a politically motivated assassination, but it contributed greatly to the fear and loathing in which Cesare was held.

I think Arya is ambitious it's just geared toward advancing in the FM. She didn't like arrogance from Dareon but Jon was arrogant before Donal Noye checked him and Jaqen I wouldn't call exactly arrogant but he had swag, lol.

Cesare was twenty-two years of age at the time; tall, of an athletic slenderness, and exceedingly graceful in his movements, he was acknowledged to be the handsomest man of his age. His face was long and pale, his brow lofty, his nose delicately aquiline. He had long auburn hair, and his hazel eyes, large, quick in their movements, and singularly searching in their glance, were alive with the genius of the soul behind them. He inherited from his father the stupendous health and vigour for which Alexander had been remarkable in his youth, and was remarkable still in his old age. The chase had ever been Cesare's favourite pastime, and the wild boar his predilect quarry; and in the pursuit of it he had made good use of his exceptional physical endowments, cultivating them until—like his father before him—he was equal to the endurance of almost any degree of fatigue.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3467/3467-h/3467-h.htm#link2H_4_0003

Speaking of which I think this is more proof that long face doesn't automatically equal ugly since he was considered the most handsome man in Italy. I've read rumors that Jesus' depiction in art may be modeled after him but I'm not sure if that's true.

But anyways, he liked murder, deceit, hunting, vengeance.

In the year 1500 Cesare killed five bulls in St. Peter's Square. Cesare was also rumored to have shot unarmed criminals. He sentenced a Venetian who wrote a pamphlet criticizing his exploits to drown in the Tiber. Other rumors were much more salacious. In fact, Cesare is the person who is reported to have murdered his beloved sister's second husband, Alfonso, the Duke of Bisceglie. He strangled Alfonso, the nephew of the king of Naples, while the young man was in his sick bed. At the time, Alfonso was recovering from stab wounds which were inflicted on him during a sneak attack just outside the papal palace, an attack that Cesare supposedly ordered. - See more at: http://www.lifeinitaly.com/heroes-villains/cesare-borgia.asp#sthash.e1iDbx05.dpuf

The Borgias were also represented by the bull on their family crest so that can be a minor Gendry link.

Anyways, maybe a mix of Aurane and Jaqen. Jaqen I wouldn't ship because who knows how old he is and she preferred him with the red and white hair.

I think guys specifically like Gendry or Edric Dayne are more likely to be afraid of her. She is more dangerous and more ruthless than when Gendry saw her last. Edric was disturbed at just being asked if he killed anyone. Imagine him seeing her in action.

I don't see Arya marrying anyone. The books will end before she's old enough.

What will probably happen is Arya gets sent by the FM to kill Jeyne Poole, who'll be at the wall. In her final chapter it will be left ambiguous whether Arya goes through with the assassination or kills herself to let Jeyne escape. Either way "Arya" dies/becomes no-one.

I don't see Arya marrying anyone. The books will end before she's old enough.

What will probably happen is Arya gets sent by the FM to kill Jeyne Poole, who'll be at the wall. In her final chapter it will be left ambiguous whether Arya goes through with the assassination or kills herself to let Jeyne escape. Either way "Arya" dies/becomes no-one.

FM cannot kill those they know.

Well, the FM might not be aware about who's the fake Arya Stark. But they'll know such a mission will tempt her to desert - maybe they'll take their chances/send someone to watch over her without her knowing.

So Arya let's Jeyne live only to see her killed by some other FM who then turns to her. And dies as Arya wargs something to protect her.

If Arya were to kill Jeyne it would be more because they met and Jeyne thinks she still speaking to the same girl from WF.

Jeyne Poole is not worth a FM contract and the FM know that they have the real Arya.

If Arya were to kill Jeyne it would be more because they met and Jeyne thinks she still speaking to the same girl from WF.

Jeyne Poole is not worth a FM contract and the FM know that they have the real Arya.

Jeyne Poole isn't worth, but "Arya Stark" - or more precisely, the idea that there is a living girl who is Arya Stark - is.

Of course, even if someone puts a contract on fake Arya, the FM might (and maybe should) send someone else to kill her.

Archived