Whom do you foresee Arya having to marry, if anyone at all?

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3467/3467-h/3467-h.htm#link2H_4_0003

Speaking of which I think this is more proof that long face doesn't automatically equal ugly since he was considered the most handsome man in Italy. I've read rumors that Jesus' depiction in art may be modeled after him but I'm not sure if that's true.

But anyways, he liked murder, deceit, hunting, vengeance.

Funny, I was looking at a picture of him this afternoon. He is handome, and he does look a lot like how Jesus is depicted.

On a related note: My Mom was telling me about a woman she knows who she thinks is quite beautiful, and how surprised she was to find out her childhood nickname was "Horseface".

Anyways, maybe a mix of Aurane and Jaqen. Jaqen I wouldn't ship because who knows how old he is and she preferred him with the red and white hair.

Yeah, I'd be for that. I think Aurane is probably too old, too, but someone like them could work.

Funny, I was looking at a picture of him this afternoon. He is handome, and he does look a lot like how Jesus is depicted.

On a related note: My Mom was telling me about a woman she knows who she thinks is quite beautiful, and how surprised she was to find out her childhood nickname was "Horseface".

Yeah, I'd be for that. I think Aurane is probably too old, too, but someone like them could work.

Ha! What a coincidence. I think they have things in common.

More would be resenting the sibling. He was rumored to have killed his brother but there's no proof and many doubt it although not all or maybe even most (idk). Arya was told not to kill her sister. I don't think she's capable of kinslaying though but they could bond on that.

Cesare Borgia was a man of extraordinary contrasts. Machiavelli found that he could be at times secretive and taciturn, at others loquacious and boastful. He alternated bursts of demonic activity, when he stayed up all night receiving and dispatching messengers, with moments of unaccountable sloth, when he remained in bed refusing to see anyone. He was quick to take offense and rather remote from his immediate entourage and yet very open with his subjects, loving to join in local sports and to cut a dashing figure.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/74127/Cesare-Borgia-duke-de-Valentinois

^This reminds me of the difference of Arya as no one but also the sociable Cat where she is charming.

Brave, daring and determined, he was insatiably power-hungry and entirely ruthless. Murder, bribery and deceit were all in the day’s work to him and his pleasures were women, hunting and fashionable clothes. He was considered the handsomest man in Italy, there were inevitably rumours of incest with his sister Lucrezia and he had syphilis from his early twenties.

http://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish/death-cesare-borgia

Again Arya wants to love someone brave not a coward. She does crave power and is ruthless. She has manipulated people into doing what she wants although I wouldn't call her a manipulative person overall. She's more deceitful when it comes to killing methods. The fashionable clothes bit reminds me of Jaqen caring about his appearance.

Arya may not be focused on politics but it could be partially because she was the youngest girl. She had the least likely reason to be politically motivated. It may have been different if she was say in Asha's position. She did briefly wonder if she could be a king's councilor though.

Aurane I mentioned because the age difference between them is only like one year more than Rhaegar and Lyanna's age difference but he is older than I would like. I would rather they meet when she's not still a child but of course in cannon I have serious doubts they actually will.

Jeyne Poole isn't worth, but "Arya Stark" - or more precisely, the idea that there is a living girl who is Arya Stark - is.

Of course, even if someone puts a contract on fake Arya, the FM might (and maybe should) send someone else to kill her.

Arya has not garnered hate. In her other identities she has done some things but she mostly leaves no trails or witnesses. Dead men seek no vengeance and if his family/friends doesn't know who did it they can't either.

She's more worth to the Northmen alive and the crown supports "her" because "she" puts the Boltons in power.

I do agree though that if it were to happen they would send someone else.

FWIW, many of the "FM will send Arya to kill so-and-so" theories leave out some important steps. Those are (1) who wants so-and-so dead, and (2) is that person or persons willing to pay the FM's enormous price to get so-and-so killed?The usual suspects, the Boltons, don't want Jeyne dead because she's part of their claim to Winterfell and they need her to produce a son. No one else who might find out that Jeyne is an imposter would want her dead, or if they do (i.e. the Northern Lords or the Night's Watch without Jon) they are entirely capable of killing her themselves. Jeyne is just not FM target material.

Will people stop bitching about the title.I meant "having" as in who will GRRM make her marry (if anyone), not what character will make her marry.
In colloquial American English "have" implies compulsion. For example, "I have to pay my federal income tax." It's a matter of understanding, not bitching.

IMO, GRRM will not make Arya marry anyone.

Jeyne Poole isn't worth, but "Arya Stark" - or more precisely, the idea that there is a living girl who is Arya Stark - is.

Of course, even if someone puts a contract on fake Arya, the FM might (and maybe should) send someone else to kill her.

The FM are well aware that the Westerosi girl who has become their accolyte is the real Arya of House Stark. If they were going to take a contract to kill the real Arya Stark they wouldn't send Arya Stark to kill "Arya Stark," they'd kill the real Arya Stark.

Aurane I mentioned because the age difference between them is only like one year more than Rhaegar and Lyanna's age difference but he is older than I would like. I would rather they meet when she's not still a child but of course in cannon I have serious doubts they actually will.

I hadn't noticed the age difference connection, that's interesting. I still prefer Aegon. I think he could be pretty interesting once he's had to face the real world for a while.

I'm still holding out hope that Arya will be 16 be the end of the series. It's a faint hope, but I refuse to let go. If Martin splits both of the two planned books into two, or puts in a gap or two in, it could happen.

I hadn't noticed the age difference connection, that's interesting. I still prefer Aegon. I think he could be pretty interesting once he's had to face the real world for a while.

I'm still holding out hope that Arya will be 16 be the end of the series. It's a faint hope, but I refuse to let go. If Martin splits both of the two planned books into two, or puts in a gap or two in, it could happen.

The Arya/Aegon ship seems to be right behind Arya/Gendry in terms of popularity although not so much on this site.

I think she may be 14. Of course that depends on the time duration during winter/the long night.

I don't think it's too vein a hope. The last book is called A Dream of Spring which means it should be set near the end of the long Winter which may be everything it says on the tin; a long winter. There's every hope little Arya could be sixteen/seventeen come the end. At the very least I think she'll hit puberty at some age and give us an insight into the type of men/women (if any) she's into.

I have wondered if this line could indicate that puberty was coming soon.

“And come the morning, when the night wolf left her and she opened her eyes, she saw a tallow candle burning where no candle had been the night before, its uncertain flame swaying back and forth like a whore at the Happy Port. She had never seen anything so beautiful.”

Then there's the pretty face thing. She's going to be an actress instead of a courtesan trainee (mermaid or something along those lines) I think though.

She's 12. I'm not sure for how long though but not every girl gets there puberty the same age obviously. It's been mentioned elsewhere that she's malnourished so that can effect her development but I know you can be underweight and still get it. She is being better fed while at the FM anyways.

The Arya/Aegon ship seems to be right behind Arya/Gendry in terms of popularity although not so much on this site.

Good to know. :) I can't even wrap my brain around Gendry and Arya. He's just all wrong for her. He could work for Sansa, maybe, but not Arya.

I think she may be 14. Of course that depends on the time duration during winter/the long night.

I don't think it's too vein a hope. The last book is called A Dream of Spring which means it should be set near the end of the long Winter which may be everything it says on the tin; a long winter. There's every hope little Arya could be sixteen/seventeen come the end. At the very least I think she'll hit puberty at some age and give us an insight into the type of men/women (if any) she's into.

I hadn't even thought to take the length of winter into account. After all the talk of it, it'd be sad of it doesn't last a couple of years, at least.

Then there's the pretty face thing. She's going to be an actress instead of a courtesan trainee (mermaid or something along those lines) I think though.

I can't see Arya becoming a courtesan, but I can certainly see her becoming an actress who plays one on stage. I think she'll learn a lot about different types of people if she becomes a mummer's apprentice. Maybe even come to appreciate people like her sister a bit more.

She's 12. I'm not sure for how long though but not every girl gets there puberty the same age obviously. It's been mentioned elsewhere that she's malnourished so that can effect her development but I know you can be underweight and still get it. She is being better fed while at the FM anyways.

Yeah, she doesn't know she's twelve, but I think she has to be. Was Sansa twelve or thirteen when she hit puberty?

I can't see Arya becoming a courtesan, but I can certainly see her becoming an actress who plays one on stage. I think she'll learn a lot about different types of people if she becomes a mummer's apprentice. Maybe even come to appreciate people like her sister a bit more.

I think when the KM told her that she would give the MFG her privates that meant she was going to be trained in the art of seduction maybe with the Black Pearl since they made a connection. They have very few female FM anyways so I imagine they take advantage when they do get a female one. Since she is still too young the mummer storyline will likely happen instead.

She has come across people like her sister. She didn't want it for herself.. She'll just be playing a part.

Yeah, she doesn't know she's twelve, but I think she has to be. Was Sansa twelve or thirteen when she hit puberty?

IDK maybe 12 but he may not have Arya get hers at the same age.

I think when the KM told her that she would give the MFG her privates that meant she was going to be trained in the art of seduction maybe with the Black Pearl since they made a connection. They have very few female FM anyways so I imagine they take advantage when they do get a female one. Since she is still too young the mummer storyline will likely happen instead.

I thought it was a warning more along the lines of not being able to bear children, ever. They did tell her that none could serve both death and life at the same time.

I thought it was a warning more along the lines of not being able to bear children, ever. They did tell her that none could serve both death and life at the same time.

I think they sterilize their female recruits actually in terms of the death and life line. It's not proven but that's what I got from that line.

When they told her about the privates they also mentioned that she will give the MFG her eyes and she was later blind which sharpened her other senses.

I think that line meant she gives up her body parts for the MFG to use.

From ADWD:

“Not all,” said Jaime. “Lord Eddard’s daughters live. One has
just been wed. The other …”
Brienne, where are you? Have you found her?
“… if the gods are good, she’ll forget she was a Stark. She’ll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall.”

Obviously Sansa is the daughter recently wed. Gendry is the burly blacksmith who also innkeeps on the side. As for the fat face... well he does take after his father :cool4: .

This is of course only if GRRM (the gods) is good, but that's highly debatable.

From ADWD:

“Not all,” said Jaime. “Lord Eddard’s daughters live. One has
just been wed. The other …”
Brienne, where are you? Have you found her?
“… if the gods are good, she’ll forget she was a Stark. She’ll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need to fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall.”

Obviously Sansa is the daughter recently wed. Gendry is the burly blacksmith who also innkeeps on the side. As for the fat face... well he does take after his father :cool4: .

This is of course only if GRRM (the gods) is good, but that's highly debatable.

Actually, it's "Arya" who was recently wed and Brienne was sent to find Sansa. The burly blacksmith and fat faced innkeep are references to Gendry and Hot Pie.

I found that concept relatively strange. You can`t serve both life and death. And what of those countless warriors and fathers? Ned killed many people, and yet he was a loving father...Is the concept made for women only, or does it apply to men too?

Actually, it's "Arya" who was recently wed and Brienne was sent to find Sansa. The burly blacksmith and fat faced innkeep are references to Gendry and Hot Pie.

I'm thinking that Jaime is speaking a truth he didn't know, and the truth is that Sansa was recently wed (not Arya) and at this point Brienne is on Arya's trail (even though she thinks she's on Sansa's).

Gendry is both a blacksmith and an innkeep at this point.

I found that concept relatively strange. You can`t serve both life and death. And what of those countless warriors and fathers? Ned killed many people, and yet he was a loving father...Is the concept made for women only, or does it apply to men too?

Assassins aren't warriors. They have a different focus and techniques.

The KM also told her:

We are not warriors, nor soldiers, nor swaggering bravos puffed up with pride. We do not kill to serve some lord, to fatten our purses, to stroke our vanity. We never give the gift to please ourselves. Nor do we choose the ones we kill. We are but servants of the God of Many Faces.

It is just for females. They don't take many female recruits.

“It may be that the Many-Faced God has led you here to be His instrument, but when I look at you I see a child . . . and worse, a girl child. Many have served Him of Many Faces through the centuries, but only a few of His servants have been women. Women bring life into the world. We bring the gift of death. No one can do both.”

Many men in Westeros at least don't seem to take care of their bastards anyways. Essos could be similar in that respect.

Anyways, I don't see Jamie's comment as a good life. At least not for Arya. She doesn't want that. For now she may be forgetting she was a Stark but at least she's doing what she wants and is gaining skills in return. Jamie's option is marry some blacksmith and be his housewife. Gendry is lucky to be alive because of Arya. She should not be serving him. He should have been serving her but is ungrateful and up and left her. She doesn't need him anyways and has moved on.

Archived