Rage moments in ASOIAF

Jon Wat

Daenarys's cold reception of Quentyn. She broke his heart!!! She SHOULD have made an effort to sound really grateful, or truly sorry for not being able to accept him... It is sadder.cause.she is.so beautiful and he is.plain. He travelled so far just to meet her.

I really dislike Daenarys.

Quentyn thought Daenerys was kind to him. He said he came to win her heart but his real intention was to take home the dragon, for vengeange, fire and blood. When his purpose in Meereen came to nothing, he doesn't want to go home empty handed so he tried to steal a dragon instead.

I thought the Westerlings were good people at first because Jeyne seemed nice and loving to Robb. Then later on, I learned the mother and maybe some of them conspire with Tywin to bring down Robb. That was truly upsetting.

I thought the Westerlings were good people at first because Jeyne seemed nice and loving to Robb.

Not me, maybe I'm becoming way too paranoid of GRRM but I saw Jayne as a cunning little beotch who manipulated the "deaths" of Bran and Rickon to sleep with Robb, depending on his known honor to marry her and thus destroy the north. Had Bran and Rickon not died, she and her family would have found another way for her to crawl into his bed. I dislike her to an extreem.

When Tristifer Botley is talking to Asha and confessing his love. He grabs her arm and she brings a dagger to his throat and tells him "I am your queen, do not presume to touch me!" Goddamn, I was extremely happy when I later learned that when Euron became king he married her off to Erik Ironmaker and she fled to Deepwood Motte. So much for queen, eh? Maybe she won't be so arrogant next time now that she's been humbled.

Pretty much anything Cersei says, thinks, or does. Reading her walk of shame chapter was somewhat satisfying, but it wasn't nearly enough.

Whenever Dany goes into her "do not presume..." or "I am the...." rants. Someone please shut her up.

Theon's "I am the Prince of Winterfell!!!" I don't feel sorry at all for how he ended up at Ramsay's hands.

When Jon was holding the Wall against the wildlings and suddenly Janos Slynt waltzes in, assumes command, tosses Jon in an ice cell, and then orders him to treat with Mance. By whose authority did he have that right? I was thinking the entire time "who the fuck does this guy think he is? Why are people obeying him?" Thank goodness the toad lost his head.

All the times the "wolves" where so close to finding each other but didn't: Arya with Robb and their mom. Jon with Bran. Impotent rage!!

Every time Dany said "I am Daenerys Stormborn... blood of the dragons... or whatever.... ugh!" I wished I could be Barristan Selmy so I could smack some sense into her!

But for me the worst was when Catelyn took Tyrion captive. I was furious. At that point, I just had it with her...What a pointless, stupid and pivotal action (specially after reading the outcome of the trial). Of course that gave us time to know Bronn and some great Tyrion moments and spend some time on the part of the realm, but still....

I had so much trouble with her decisions throughout the first two books!:

-She was loving, supportive and submisive to the "cheating" husband but treated Jon as if it was all his fault. I did not expect her to love him, but to put the whole blame on the kid?.

-She first encouraged Ned to go to King's Landing when he did not want to go, and then bitterly questioned him for doing exactly what she asked him to do.

-She favored Bran over all her children, but then left him while he was in comma to seek justice?? He could have died!!!

-She takes Tyrion to her sister's for trial and then pretty much watches the whole thing unfold without doing almost anything.

-Then, when things get really, really messed up, she stays with Robb and with her own dad, while her two younger children are virtually left alone in this world dealing with the loss of their father. She argued that Robb needed her the most, when at least he had more time around Ned watching him command and administer Winterfell. Meanwhile, crippled Bran is the Stark in Winterfell, dealing at 7 or 8 years of age with lordship stuff?? Who needed her advice the most!

-And uh.... she stays with Robb to help him, and then goes ahead and free's Jamie... :bang:

I don't understand why everyone is so mad at Sansa for "betraying" Ned.

First, do you really think any other high born teenager would of acted any differently? (sans Arya b/c she is completely atypical.) She was gonna marry the freaking heir to the throne. Her children would of become princes and princesses and eventually Kings. Of course she wanted to stay in KL. Blame Catelyn and Septa Mordane for filling her head with romanticized nonsense.

Second, I don't think her telling Cersei that her father wanted them to leave changed the events of what was about to happen at all. The event that led to Ned's downfall was King Bob's death. Cersei would never of been able to pull the crap she did if Robert was still around. So Cersei knew that Ned wanted Arys and Sansa to leave KL? She would of had Lancel roofie Robert anyway.

Back to the thread topic. My most rage inducing moment was when Dany decided to stay in Meereen and rule. It was the last straw that destroyed all likability for her in my eyes.

Battle of the Blackwater is one such incident, were I "raged". It feels like a plot device almost, making sure that Stannis virtually couldnt win by (amongst other things) having him appoint Ser Imry Florent as naval commander (which goes against all that Stannis usually stands for). I mean this is the man who calls some of the most prominent of his "followers" (such as Guaryd Morrigen and Lord Bryce Caron) magpies when they chatter too much. IE he is not afraid to "offend" even those men whose support is vital. And yet he falls to peer pressure and "rewards" Ser Imry, despite the fact that the Florents are already his to a large degree. I mean this is a man with virtually no naval experience, that we know of, and yet he is given command of such a vital part of Stannis plans for victory.

Why not give the command to say Lord Velaryon, who is not only used to commanding at sea but also one of the few who stayed loyal to Stannis cause. Surely such a man should be "rewarded" by being allowed to play a prominent part in the upcoming battle.

Very early on in the piece, Cat swallowing LF's suggestions about Tyrion being responsible for Bran and her eating it hook line and sinker. Then taking it up a notch by kidnapping Tyrion and going to the freaking Eyre. Followed then by letting Jamie Lannister go - every one of my rage filled moments had Cat Stark at the head of if.

Mild Irritation Moments:

Sansa during the entirety of AGoT. Grrrrr....

Jon and Bran's near encounter. "Dude, hes like, right there! Awww come on!"

Dany refusing to take advice. Grrrr......

Catelyn releasing Jaime. Grrrr.....(Im fine with her kidnapping Tyrion though...)

Guys making fun of Sam. Grrrr....

Gregor Clegane existing. Grrrr.....

Cersei's continuous existence. Grrrrr....

Major Rage Inducing Moment(s):

Jon getting stabbed. *flips a table and her e-reader along with it.*

Hmmm, moments that made me rage?

The introduction of Damphair as a POV character. His first chapter was so dull, at a point in the story when I needed something exciting to happen, and I just remember feeling like arrrrrrrrgghhh do I have to suffer another new POV that I now have to suddenly begin to care about? (I think when you introduce a POV later in a series, it should be of a character we're already familiar with!)

The introduction of Areo and Victarion as POVs. See reasons above.

Arya going to Braavos. I really, really liked her story while she was in the Riverlands, being all tomboyish and badass. Going to Braavos disconnected her from the main events.

Jaime following Brienne to Lady Stoneheart -- and then GRRM leaving us in the dark about it! Arrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Cersei sending Jaime away in AFFC and not listening to all his amazing advice. Plus, Kevan treating him like shit when they parted in KL!!!

Just about everything that happened in ADWD for Danaerys made me rage with boredom, too.

Dorkstar mutilating Mycrella - extreme arrrrrrrrggh!!! Is this meant to be some literary karma for Bran? Why? WHY? Mycrella is a decent kid!!

Archived