A Compendium of Theories

Full-Faced Braavosi

And no shame in posting your own threads. In fact, I encourage it!

Well...you did ask for it. :shocked: :lol: These were started more as discussions rather than theories, but theories crept in anyway.

Taking the Night Watch Oath: atheists & cultist & Iron Born...oh my!

Who do you NOT want together...but you think will be?

The effects of the'Kiss of Life'...on the LIVING?

That the Knight's King and Stannis are mirroring each other.

That Mel is not human but represents the fire source of the world and nature.

That the Female Other is not human but represents the ice (and water) source of the world and nature.

That both Night's King and Stannis mated with the "others".

That Stannis had a smoke/fire baby and it's still around.

That Night's King had an ice baby and we're gonna see it.

And that when those humanoids get together, their interaction will restore natural balanced to the entire world.

And that the above is truly THE Song of Ice and Fire in this book.

Great thread, thanks for putting it up. Would be great to be stickied as others have said! In your missing theories section you put AA, the Prince that was Promised and The Stallion that Mounts the World in one line. It's interesting, I never thought of them together. Perhaps they're all pointing to a grand unified prophesy, never thought about it like that! ^.^

Great thread, thanks for putting it up. Would be great to be stickied as others have said! In your missing theories section you put AA, the Prince that was Promised and The Stallion that Mounts the World in one line. It's interesting, I never thought of them together. Perhaps they're all pointing to a grand unified prophesy, never thought about it like that! ^.^

Heheh - no judgment on my behalf. I originally had them on separate lines, but figured they could stand to sit together as they are all similar "hero" prophecies. I think I read somewhere of a theory that they all predicted the same person from the view of different cultures.

Looks like this has been picked up (and praised) by Sean T Collins (writes for Rolling Stone about GoT-tv, and host of one of the more popular ASoIaF Podcasts) on his blog.

here: http://boiledleather.com/post/40976123644/link-compendium-of-theories-general-asoiaf-a

and more recently (including a comment from Ran): http://boiledleather.com/post/41410084026/link-again-a-compendium-of-theories-general

Having now had some time to give many of the theories listed and linked to by this increasingly comprehensive list of such things over at the Westeros forum, I can say that holy cow, a bunch of these are crazier than a shithouse rat.

Looks like this has been picked up (and praised) by Sean T Collins (writes for Rolling Stone about GoT-tv, and host of one of the more popular ASoIaF Podcasts) on his blog.

here: http://boiledleather.com/post/40976123644/link-compendium-of-theories-general-asoiaf-a

and more recently (including a comment from Ran): http://boiledleather.com/post/41410084026/link-again-a-compendium-of-theories-general

Very cool. Let the word ring forth!

(Though I must've missed ran's comment)

He's not wrong about some of these theories. I'm inclined to start adding some form of rankings from accepted theory to crackpottery, haven't decided yet. Not sure how strongly people feel about this, but I'd appreciate any thoughts (and if inclined to it, any thoughts on which are crackpot or not).

(I may also when I get a moment read some of them more thoroughly along with the responses to see if they've been broken.)

Moderators, the thread needs pinned!

Please, no. It's not that this thread isn't handy or interesting, but any more pinned threads and we'll have nearly half the front page occupied by pinned threads. I actually want to see fewer pinned threads instead of more.

Archived