A Compendium of Theories

Full-Faced Braavosi

Okay. As @Evita likes to say, search is your friend, don't be afraid to use it. So I took those words and searched for Oberyn poisoned Tywin. Sounds plausible; but I would drop this from irrefutable to likely. It's a very good chance that this is an accurate theory. But still; we don't know for sure and thus it's not irrefutable.

That's why I put it under almost irrefutable.

:dunno: I have a few very small, obscure stuff that never left the ground, if you really want to get into some of the more oddities. Each side has a Stark to help them. and Are the forgings of Lighbringer Jon's different personalities?

Unless you only want big theories.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Dany = AA - Fits the prophecy exactly.

Jon = R+J - Fits and will be a head of the dragon.

Aegon = Legit - 3rd head.

Harpy = GG

Lightbringer = Actual sword/not a metaphor

What's this "Jon = R+J"?

What about the mystery of the tapestries?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/51245-littlefingers-tapestries/

AFFC Littlefinger asks Cersei for them, then in AFFC Cersei says she is sending them.

Back in aGoT they are described by Sansa in the throne room as Robert's favored tapestries of Hunting scenes.

Depicting hunting from across the narrow sea (iirc). Cities the Dany was hiding in before aGoT.

wth Does LF want with these????

http://asoiaf.wester...ers-tapestries/

AFFC Littlefinger asks Cersei for them, then in AFFC Cersei says she is sending them.

Back in aGoT they are described by Sansa in the throne room as Robert's favored tapestries of Hunting scenes.

Depicting hunting from across the narrow sea (iirc). Cities the Dany was hiding in before aGoT.

Just start paying attention and there are tapestries all over the place. Even in Essos. In the castle there are tapestries in the throne room AND in the small council room. Once you start paying attention they are every where, like hooded men.

:dunno: I have a few very small, obscure stuff that never left the ground, if you really want to get into some of the more oddities. Each side has a Stark to help them. and Are the forgings of Lighbringer Jon's different personalities?

Unless you only want big theories.

I probably do tend to want bigger theories, but if there are small ones of some significance that are well thought out, I'm happy to add them. I've been a little busy currently, but I'll get to these at some point.

I feel a bit...self centered by doing this but here's a link to a theory about a possible Other attack that I thought of. It has its flaws so I would put it under "maybe".

Pin mods?

No feeling self-centered for posting your own theories, that's how this will continue to build.

I'd be interesting to see with the conversation in that thread if a sturdier theory has come out of it.

Jon = Ned + Lyanna. Why not? did I already say this?

Hmmm...

I vote wild speculation with no need for it in the plot.

Well, I certainly don't consider it irrefutable, especially in light of a new theory on Varys poisoning Tywin, but there does seem to be some decent evidence that Tywin was poisoned by somebody.

I think I actually have the theory of magic already, but I'll take a look at the others.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/51245-littlefingers-tapestries/

I am intrigued...

adding Lemore is Mellario Lemore of Norvos

No, sorry.

People think so tho. edit: So I think that this isn't an objective list of theories but a subjective one?

Yes, I get to choose what constitutes an acceptable theory. It's not about right or wrong, it's about the theorizing.

Here are some of the many reasons I don't view this as an acceptable theory:

-It's five short bullet points long.

-The five short bullet points are poor evidence, which boil down to:

---Mellario's unknown hair color and eye color might match Lemore's brown hair color and unknown eye color.

---Mellario's unknown age which is somewhere between 37-51 might match Lemore's unknown age.

---Lemore could be faking her Westerosi accent

---She is Lady.

---She is Aegon's aunt by marriage, which means she has such a strong connection with him to give up her life, pretend to be a Septa (a religion she may know little of), and educate him.

-There is a complete failure to adequately explain away the reasons why it might not be Mellario.

-You deny clues/evidence/arguments for other potential identities, but use the same evidence for Mellario (see: age, hair color, eye color, lady, connection to Aegon... i.e. all of your evidence).

-You flat out state in the thread that there is no logic to any identity of Lemore's, thereby revealing that you don't believe the logic behind your own theory.

(If you want me to go further, it's not a well put together theory in the slightest, lacking evidence, clues, connections, logical reasoning. Few people actually support it or are able to bolster it and almost none of them are recognized on the board for their theorizing.)

Archived