The villains of ASOIAF... the Starks?

First of My Name

I haven't encountered this kind of threat yet, and I thought it would be interesting. I don't think or hope this will happen, but it is, of course, a possibility...

Martin's characters are gray. Some bad guys turn out to be okay, and the other way. If we had to chose heroes, it would be the Stark family... but what if Martin pulls a Martin and they turn out to be the ANTAGONISTS?

Imagine:

Bran, a servant of the great other beyond the wall, spending the rest of hi life in the shadows, Bloodraven is Mel's opposite concerning views so this is actually not that unlikely...

Jon, serving as AAR and PTWP for R'hllor (the god of the enemy?) He fights for his faith, which turns out not be so light after all...

Sansa, who's been predicted to off Littlefinger, actually becomes his successor...

Arya, an assassin without a heart, killing and killing and killing...

Rickon, a mindless savage and a beast, living with cannibals, that won't turn out pretty...

What other ways could they turn out as villains? How would it affect the story and your view of the story? What would you think if you end up hating them as much as Joffrey (so to speak), and you're left rooting for someone like Cersei to win?

Improbable and unlikely... but not impossible.

I haven't encountered this kind of threat yet, and I thought it would be interesting. I don't think or hope this will happen, but it is, of course, a possibility...

Martin's characters are gray. Some bad guys turn out to be okay, and the other way. If we had to chose heroes, it would be the Stark family... but what if Martin pulls a Martin and they turn out to be the ANTAGONISTS?

Imagine:

Bran, a servant of the great other beyond the wall, spending the rest of hi life in the shadows, Bloodraven is Mel's opposite concerning views so this is actually not that unlikely...

Jon, serving as AAR and PTWP for R'hllor (the god of the enemy?) He fights for his faith, which turns out not be so light after all...

Sansa, who's been predicted to off Littlefinger, actually becomes his successor...

Rickon, a mindless savage and a beast, living with cannibals, that won't turn out pretty...

What other ways could they turn out as villains? How would it affect the story and your view of the story? What would you think if you end up hating them as much as Joffrey (so to speak), and you're left rooting for someone like Cersei to win?

No not impossible at all. Teh only one I don't agree with is Jon, then again he isn't really a Stark, he could be a Targ. If something like this did happen, they wouldn't truely be villians though, but rather heros that turned evil due to the circumstances they were put in. They had to turn evil, in an evil world to survive. I don't hate it, and I'm a huge Stark supporter.

It could happen, nothing's for sure...But I think the readers would still root for them, if they have always been fond of the family... :frown5:

Dunno if they could ever be like Joffrey. Kid left big shoes to fill in the hating department.

That would be awesome... But deep inside, I dont think the Starks would take on such cloak... Sansa would´nt just take over Littlefingers work if he dies, without some secret plan or something..Im still rooting for the Starks, AND Brienne.

What other ways could they turn out as villains?

the four remaining stark kids and Jon are telepathically connected through the Weir-net and establish their evil realms...

Bran the commander in chief and responsible for communication

Rickon the savage with a huge army controlling southern westros

Jon the unholy controlling north with help of giants mammoths and darker things

Sansa the great deceiver, killing with plots and smiles

Arya the faceless assasin, silencing the opposition lords with the kiss of death,

I think it's inevitable, although I don't think it will be as cut-and-dry as "the Starks are now the villains". In the same sense, I also think Dany is on the path to becoming a "villain" as well, but again it's a matter of perspective. The Starks will think that Dany and her army of Ironborn, Eunuchs, Dothraki, Red Priests, and dragons are the "bad guys", while Dany and her followers will think of the Starks and other Northmen as the "bad guys". It will be up to the audience to decide which is which.

Imagine:

Rob a wolfheaded Wright

Cat......unCat

Eddard the warged evil tomcat of Kings landing

The list of their villany is endless :P

After all that the Starks have suffered, I think that they would be justified in meting out some hard Stark justice to the families and people

who tried to exterminate them. They would have to go extremely dark before I could view them as villains.

Imagine:

The only one who sees Bloodraven as a servant of the great Other is Melisandre…we all know how good she is at looking into the fires ;) We also don´t know if the Skagosi are really cannibals till Davos will get Rickon. It could all be made up by the Skagosi themselve to keep away intruders.

But yeah, as everything in the books, the Starks will not be the shiny heroes. But no matter how dark grey they might turn out to be at the end, I will always like them more than Joffrey or Cersei!

Oh and never forget: Even if the Night´s King was a Stark, he was also defeated by a Stark :)

the four remaining stark kids and Jon are telepathically connected through the Weir-net and establish their evil realms...

Bran the commander in chief and responsible for communication

Rickon the savage with a huge army controlling southern westros

Jon the unholy controlling north with help of giants mammoths and darker things

Sansa the great deceiver, killing with plots and smiles

Arya the faceless assasin, silencing the opposition lords with the kiss of death,

When you put it that way....

If that occurs I would have to be a Stark an , for the first time!

Archived