"Wow I never noticed that" v.2

Lady Green

To be honest, I never even entertained the thought that Aegon might be fake until I started reading it on here. But then, as I didn't re-read any of the books before reading ADWD(and it was many years ago that I read the first 3, I wasn't really as familiar with the backstory as I should have been.

So, only maesters know that tansy flowers is in moon tea? The common women know about as well and they aren't maesters. Tansy is what causes the contractions and was used in medieval times to induce abortions. He did not mean a person.

Hoster is a common woman? I missed the part where men had knowledge of womens' problems. If it was meant to be a firm reference to an ingredient or a nickname it wouldnt be vague. It's OK for there to be purposeful ambiguity. I think it helped Catelyn figure out the facts behind his delirious statements. Why would he be the only person in the books to refer to it as Tansy instead of as moon tea? I'm just saying it is a known unknown what he was referring to and it doesnt matter which it was. What mattered was it twigged Catelyn to the truth.

Hoster is a common woman? I missed the part where men had knowledge of womens' problems. If it was meant to be a firm reference to an ingredient or a nickname it wouldnt be vague. It's OK for there to be purposeful ambiguity. I think it helped Catelyn figure out the facts behind his delirious statements. Why would he be the only person in the books to refer to it as Tansy instead of as moon tea? I'm just saying it is a known unknown what he was referring to and it doesnt matter which it was. What mattered was it twigged Catelyn to the truth.

Old people commonly call things by different words than the present generation. Language constantly changes, unless you're France.

I missed the part where men had knowledge of womens' problems.

Say what?

Why would he be the only person in the books to refer to it as Tansy instead of as moon tea?

He's not. From Lady Smallwood: "“The riverlands are full of maids you’ve pleased, all drinking tansy tea."

Until I reread the first book, I never realised Jorah Mormont was explicitly mentioned as the source of Dany's circumstances to the small council. I thought I was so clever for figuring it out as I read it, too. Then I felt a bit more red-faced when I saw it in the TV series and more so when reading it through again.

Also, I didn't notice that Cersei was gaining weight, although I rather paid attention to her chapters I think my heart wasn't in it as much as I read AFFC.

Say what?

He's not. From Lady Smallwood: "“The riverlands are full of maids you’ve pleased, all drinking tansy tea."

Lady Smallwood is also a woman and familiar with birth control. Not all men are aware of women's remedies but that one all women would know and the men would not need to know.

But thanks for that observation - I forgot Lady Small wood.

Until I reread the first book, I never realised Jorah Mormont was explicitly mentioned as the source of Dany's circumstances to the small council. I thought I was so clever for figuring it out as I read it, too. Then I felt a bit more red-faced when I saw it in the TV series and more so when reading it through again.

Also, I didn't notice that Cersei was gaining weight, although I rather paid attention to her chapters I think my heart wasn't in it as much as I read AFFC.

Me too... only I didn't even figure it out... when Daenerys found out about it, I was just as surprised. And then I re-read the first book and found that it was outright mentioned. If I hadn't been on the train, I would've hit my head against the wall.

. Language constantly changes, unless you're France.

:lol: having lived in France and studied French for years, I have to agree with you! Though it makes reading the French version of Shakespeare (Molière) much easier than Shakespeare himself!

OK - I have been saying it could be either. It doesnt matter which it was.

Then why are you going all the way making a case how no man except of a maester would have ever heard of tansy and it's use? When it just adds up perfectly if that's what Hoster was referring to?

Dammit, I had heard tansy was used for this and I am a man, I don't even live in medieval times.

No, that is a mistake indeed. I've seen someone pointing this out as well, I recommend contacting Ran too. I would, but I haven't ever really seen the app itself, so I figured it would be hypocritical :D

I believe it's been corrected, it's not in my version, purchased about a month ago.

Then why are you going all the way making a case how no man except of a maester would have ever heard of tansy and it's use? When it just adds up perfectly if that's what Hoster was referring to?

Dammit, I had heard tansy was used for this and I am a man, I don't even live in medieval times.

And for the record, I figured it out all by myself with my 20th century herbal knowledge. ;)

Sansa lost her direwolf, but gained a Hound.

Not this per say, I didn't notice that this could show how Sansa has had to become accustomed to losing fairy tales and frivolities (the 'magical' direwolf) and get used to the ruthless nature of the world (a normal, run of the mill dog), foreshadowing her entire plot. She is becoming more grounded and less away with the fairies.

Or maybe I'm making more out of this with crack and side order of pottery.

Because it's Allowed to make a case for one's interpretations. You dont have to agree with everyone else.

Archived