"Wow I never noticed that" v.2

Lady Green

Never noticed that it was Arya that saved Samwell from the bravos in Braavos.

Never noticed that it was Arya that saved Samwell from the bravos in Braavos.

OK you win. ha ha. Not that I havent missed my share of contents of the Obvious Bag.

Until a few days ago, I had never noticed the connection/foreshadowing between Doreah's dragon story and the names Khal Drogo and Dany called one another: Drogo was sun and stars, Dany was moon of my life. I was skimming around for something and my eyes fell on this, "One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return." Felt sorta stupid afterwards.

Nice metaphor. Good pickup. Poetic.

It's not, it was famous before Jorah was cool. But anyway, some parallels could be found.

Yes parallels are common. Jorah and the Maiden Fair. I am going to have to read carefully but I dont think we ever hear enough of the song to know what happens between the two in the song. However we DO know what happened to Tormund husband of bears so Jorah might emerge hairless and Dany with whatever substitute for a member she has cut in half, although half will be more than most maidens have.

Hoster meant tansy the herb as in moon tea, not the innkeeper. I thought he meant a person as well, until my friend told me otherwise and my re-read.

Still not buying it. Yes, tansy is in moon tea. But he isnt a maester so he cant be counted on to know the ingredients. And Tansy is a common name. It could be a nickname. I think that is one of those things we cant be sure of. If he called her pennyroyal that would be more convincing to me.

Noticed something that made me try and find Apple Martini's original thread to post in but it is locked, so version 2!

I feel very stupid but I never realised Dany was with Drogon when the Khal Jhaqo finds her.

I just reread that chapter and on the first read I didn't realize it was Khal Jhaqo, for some reason I thought it was her own Dothraki rescue party and was confused when she hid from the scout and when Drogon roasted one of the horses.

Yes I agree I find someone getting decapitated not enough to go on to believe that person dead. And the scene where Joff showed Sansa that person's head on a pike was rather vague indeed.

:D ;)

LOL.

I never noticed that, in ADWD, Abel the bard and his six women were actually Mance Rayder and his spearwives... I felt so stupid when I read that on a forum because it was so obvious, there were so many clues, but I'd forgotten that Mance had gone south with six women so it didn't occur to me...

Robert Baratheon being born in the Dothraki Sea. This is something I saw in the app, but don't recall reading it in the books. I'm not sure if it really matters, but it just seems like an odd fact to throw out there and I can't help but be curious about the story behind why his parents were with the Dothraki when he was born.

If she hated him, and there has been a prophecy stating he'll destroy her, and Cersei being who she is, you'd think she'd try to keep her children away from him.

Maybe she didn't believe in the prophecy or give it much thought until Joffrey died and Margaery a.k.a. "the younger and more beautiful queen" came along.

I never realized Renly and Lora's were gay... After TWO read-through, I was thinking... Why the hell didn't Renly ever get that Tyrell chick in bed.. Then I saw the show, and was like "what the hell is going on with this nipple shaving!?" then looked up that scene in AGoT, and kicked myself in the head.

How the hell did I miss that!?

Lol, I didn't realize that either until ACoK when Stannis says something about Margaery being likely to die a maid in Renly's bed.

Robert Baratheon being born in the Dothraki Sea. This is something I saw in the app, but don't recall reading it in the books. I'm not sure if it really matters, but it just seems like an odd fact to throw out there and I can't help but be curious about the story behind why his parents were with the Dothraki when he was born.

He was born in Storm's End according to the wiki, where is the Dothraki Sea coming from?

The World of Ice & Fire App - it's a really odd fact to just throw in there. Maybe it's just a mistake though? I found a mistake on the app for Robb's birthplace.... :dunno:

Yeah, this must definitely be a mistake. They have corrected a few errors already. Perhaps PM Ran with this so they include it with the next update. Unless it isn't a mistake, in which case I can't think of one single clue that would indicate Robert was born so far away from Westeros.

I think in a different thread they had said they were going to correct the Robb mistake.

I kind of guessed it was the Mormont family trait (the very nice hair on Jorahs back comes from somewhere, no?) I did not type Jorah Mormont, because I wasn't sure it was about him, but some man in that family would fit the bill. Kind of like how Barristan Selmy says: maybe she would not have looked at Stark. He never mentions which Stark though.

Jorah was mentioned like a bolding old man, there was nothing about his looks or hair when he was younger (at least I can't even remember a slightest mentioning).

This song about bear and maid was one of the king Bob's favorite, wasn't it?

I just reread that chapter and on the first read I didn't realize it was Khal Jhaqo, for some reason I thought it was her own Dothraki rescue party and was confused when she hid from the scout and when Drogon roasted one of the horses.

I thought that too. I also missed that Dany might have had a miscarriage.

No, that is a mistake indeed. I've seen someone pointing this out as well, I recommend contacting Ran too. I would, but I haven't ever really seen the app itself, so I figured it would be hypocritical :D

Maybe it was mentioned. It's been on my mind.

Maester Aemon died because he went south. And BR[since he's probably the 3-eyed-crow] has an extended life because:

"Ice preserves..."

Oh, and that Darkstar slashed Myrcella on purpose. I always thought he was aiming for Hotah or for Arianne. Oh, and that her ear was slashed in the process. I missed a lot of things in her arc, up until her last chapter in the Tower and afterwards.

That Aegon might be fake. That JonCon loved Rhaegar.

I thought I was an unreliable reader when Sansa says to herself that the Hound kissed her, until I read that Sansa is an unreliable character.

And that Jaime, by refusing Cercei's letter of plea, leaving her to her doom, may be foreshadowing for him really becoming her valonqar.

EDIT: That Euron possibly arrived at the Iron Islands from the west, not from the east. He is probably the Westeros version of Magellan. Oh, and that he'd captured Pyat Pree and his fellows.

Still not buying it. Yes, tansy is in moon tea. But he isnt a maester so he cant be counted on to know the ingredients. And Tansy is a common name. It could be a nickname. I think that is one of those things we cant be sure of. If he called her pennyroyal that would be more convincing to me.

So, only maesters know that tansy flowers is in moon tea? The common women know about as well and they aren't maesters. Tansy is what causes the contractions and was used in medieval times to induce abortions. He did not mean a person.

Archived