What will davos do when stannis dies?

locke and key

Reach for his bag of fingers, only to realize his luck has run out (again).

Haha

Maybe he and Jon can just stand around flexing their sword hand or reaching for their finger bones...

Serioulsy though, who's gone to bravos/the free cities, Massey? He's got a blank cheque from Stannis. What Davos will or won't do will depend on what he finds on skagos and If "Massey" is ever seen or heard from again.

Something either has to push davos into the AA camp or away from it he cant keep on straddling the fence with his distrust of Mel/murderous intent(sometimes) and loyalty to Stannis, something has to give somehwere.

With Stannis dead (mid Winds Of Winter I guess) Davos will be in a crossroad. Will he back up (without hope) Stannis daughter? Will he side with the north lords? will he go back to his keep in the south and bow to the winner of the game of thrones? will he kill people in pain ala Loras and reveal his love for Stannis? who knows...

If Stannis dies Davos will support Shireen, his rightful queen.

Yes!

"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear thatI am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless."The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead

"you will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in theattempt."

Ser Justin put one hand on his sword hilt. "On my honor as a knight, you have my word."

Davos will do the same.

He'll throw himself on the burning funeral pyre and they will be together in death as they never were able to be in life.

I actually keep coming back to this. Yes, it's lighthearted (but morbid), but I think we can say that Davos cares about his wife, sons and Stannis more than anyone else. He was already prepared to die at one point to save Stannis from Melisandre, and if Stannis died, I really think he might do something rash. I couldn't see Davos ever following anyone else, if he survives Stannis (and it's not inconceivable that he would sacrifice himself to protect Stannis,) I couldn't see him doing anything other than trying to return to his lands, or supporting Shireen (i.e. Stannis by proxy.) He may not have any choice, as the Lannisters want him dead, and we don't know how Dany or Aegon might react.

(Stavos forever)

Yes.

although it was profitable in the past, Davos's blind allegiance to Stannis may prevent him from reaping the rewards of a grateful North for putting a Stark back in Winterfell.

Davos supported Stannis (twice) when Stannis was good as dead. Thats called keeping faith. Just like C. Penrose. "Still, he keeps faith". (from memory)

Archived