What will davos do when stannis dies?

locke and key

Yes. This is a good rational and reasonable hypothesis on what Davos will do if Stannis dies.

I am not saying he will actively pursue it. I am saying it might happen. One thing about Davos is he is not the most proactive in seeking advancement. Things just sort of happen to him as a result of his actions.

I just want to be clear. My comment is not an attack on Stannis at all. It is simply an assessment of the situation, for example, I do not doubt that Davos will be very mournful of Stannis and justifiably so. I am merely stating that the King's death would make Davos the top person responisble for bringing a Stark back to Winterfell and that he stands to reap some serious rewards from that.

The Dreadfort was an example of that. I just want to be clear so my comments are not misinterpreted.

The problem is, if Stannis dies, how many of those loyalists are still left to really turn the tide and win Rickon back Winterfell?

Manderly doesn't give a damn about Stannis, he will turn when a Stark returns. Same goes for a few other northern houses who are with Bolton now, I believe. Moreover, if Rickon lands with a few thousand battle hardened Skagosi's that alone may be enough.

Manderly doesn't give a damn about Stannis, he will turn when a Stark returns. Same goes for a few other northern houses who are with Bolton now, I believe. Moreover, if Rickon lands with a few thousand battle hardened Skagosi's that alone may be enough.

Perhaps. I merely meant that Stannis' death could and most likely would be a result in grevious losses to his supporters, Manderly included. I think it's still, however, what Davos would do if Stannis were dead so on that I agree wholeheartedly.

Perhaps. I merely meant that Stannis' death could and most likely would be a result in grevious losses to his supporters, Manderly included. I think it's still, however, what Davos would do if Stannis were dead so on that I agree wholeheartedly.

I think Davos will mourn his king dutyfully and rightfully but let's face it he won't get any favors from Selyse or the Queen's men whereas he will have the gratitude of the North. Davos Seaworth, Lord of the Dreadfort . . . Sounds pretty nice.

I am not saying he will actively pursue it. I am saying it might happen. One thing about Davos is he is not the most proactive in seeking advancement. Things just sort of happen to him as a result of his actions.

I just want to be clear. My comment is not an attack on Stannis at all.

Oh no, I definitely did not see it as an attack on Stannis or Davos. I didn't see it as an attack at all, but a rational and reasonable post about Davos. I just have an annoyance of irrational fan love/hatred that leads to ridiculous conclusions, whitewashing or blackwashing of characters. I prefer more honesty in discussions. Your posts was a good one! No sarcasm.

Oh no, I definitely did not see it as an attack on Stannis or Davos. I didn't see it as an attack at all, but a rational and reasonable post about Davos. I just have an annoyance of irrational fan love/hatred that leads to ridiculous conclusions, whitewashing or blackwashing of characters. I prefer more honesty in discussions. Your posts was a good one! No sarcasm.

I will blame that rational assessment on how unusually sober I am for this time of the night ;). Jokes aside, thank you, its appreciated.

Davos is a man of honour who would smuggle Stannis' family to safety, and they'd be in danger if Stannis died.

I think Stannis will die. The other five kings have died, but each in a way that has tarnished their cause due to selfishness.

Balon: died after selfishly invading a nation he knew couldn't fight back.

Renly: died after selfishly claiming a crown and refusing to parley with the rightful heir to it.

Robb: died after selfishly marrying a woman when he was sworn to marry another.

Joffrey: died after selfishly claiming credit for defending a city when he actually hid from the danger.

Stannis is the only one of the five kings who eventually decided he must act Kingly and for the Realm. I can see him dying as a hero against the Others, and it would make him the greatest of the Five Kings for doing so.

Thats a scary thought. He will probably coninue supporting Shireen and they will have a JonCon-Aegon relationship. He might start feeling guilty and start thinking that he might be the reason Stannis died, so ge wont let down Shireen.

Archived