Very important character [Potential Winds of Winter Spoilers]

StannisEndGame

Yeah Theon would be my first guess as his main point after book two is to provide a viewpoint from inside Winterfell.

Davos only works if the producers didn't listen, he kind of died in the show...

The same thing basically happens in the books. The ships get wrecked and he washes up ashore, almost about to die until he is saved by a passing ship. In fact S3 might even start with Davos on his rock.

Probably Lancel or Bronn.

Killing him off would have made it easier to introduce Oberyn as Tyrion's champion during the trial.

I could see him be of some importance later in the books, especially if Tyrion ever returns to Westeros, and he's been gathering hedgeknights at Stokeworth for a reason if I recall correctly.

I also hope he gets some more impressive clothes/armour in season 3 since he's going to be a knight after Blackwater.

Definitely leaning towards Theon. His shennanigans acts in Season 2 will have the TV fans raging. Killing him off neatly at winterfell via Ramsay or something equally appealing would save alot of trouble down the road keeping his character in.

He's not due to be seen til Season 6(?) onwards, and thats a good few years for the person who played Theon to grow up, it's unlikely he'll look exactly the same in 5 years from now. Also, if they kept him on without mentions, people would wonder what happened.

-, after book 2, or season 2 or whatever, most of us would loved to have seen Theon dead. Would have been very appeasing.

Asha, Euron, Victarion AND Damphair are all POV characters, i think they would've wanted to trim the Greyjoys one, they have more POVs than Starks.

LASTLY, when you mention 'something important' in TWoW, instinct tells me Theon with his redemption arc

**MINOR SPOILERS FROM THE BOOKS**

I have to guess Bronn. The whole stand off with the Hound and then saving him in Season 2. I know I'm not a script writer (for very, very good reasons), but it seemed to me that it would have been a...noble (?) way of killing him. But then of course, if you read A Feast For Crows, he's been gathering sellswords to him and combining this with what I suspect is genuine love and loyalty for Tyrion, I can really see him being an important character as an ally for Tyrion in Westeros. Plus the guy's completely awesome.

I think it could have been Ser Meryn. They probably wanted to replace him as the one Pod kills, which would have made more sense in the context of the show as we were barely ever introduced to Ser Mandon (and there were several scenes of Meryn getting into it with Tyrion).

He is also on Arya's infamous list, so maybe this is where he comes in later...

I think it has to be someone that doesn't have any build up in Books 3-5. Someone that is around, but not necessarily important and someone that can't be easily replaced with someone else. They can't just shift this person's roles into another character's. If the person has something kind of looming in the background of one of those books, I think D&D would sense that and wouldn't want to kill them off.

Lancel - I don't think it's him. I got the impression that he's going to play a role in King's Landing and the trial and all that.

Theon - I think D&D plan to show him being tortured. And I think you can argue Theon also has some kind of build up that he's going to do something in the future. You can sense that the story isn't quite over for him. Maybe he's going to give his life to save a Stark or something, his redemption.

Bronn - I think it could very well be Bronn. After the events of King's Landing, Bronn pretty much disappears anyway. Yea we hear of him rounding up sellswords. But I think that could be done by anyone. Easily converted into another character if that's all he's going to do. But maybe GRRM plans to have Tyrion brought to trial for Joffrey's murder, and he needs a champion again.

Archived