Comics VI: Sinister Six

Sci-2

The dude on Green Lantern Corps. and Red Lanterns left too. Just what is going on at DC comics that is making all their talent leave, and how long is it going to take before someone notices and rectifies the problem?

Rich Johnston says that there might be more through the night. I guess only Simone is safe at the moment. tumblr would go into meltdown mode otherwise.

The hilarious part is that Diggle was doing interviews like 2 days ago pushing these books. Someone might say that his workload got too big, but than quit something else. As he says it is the 75th anniversary and frankly he won't be remembered for Thief of Thieves.

And just to show that it's a great day at DC they printed the wrong credits on the Supergirl cover and announced the first John Constantine ongoing series. Cause just like Batman first appearance is Batman #1 from September, 2011, Constantine's first appearance is from March, 2013. that whole 300 issues long series that actually started under the DC logo, not Vertigo never happened.

They are actually retconning reality.

I swear it's like watching a nuclear bomb going off. If tomorrow they announced they are closing shop, would anybody be surprised?

I wonder why nobody from the WB doesn't go over there and tells them to grow the fuck up and get their shit together. This amount of bad press has to set an alarm somehere.

Avengers #8 - Was I missing something? Seemed like the Avengers were way more hostile than I'd expect.

Maybe they were mind-controlled. Abyss did mess with Hulk in the first issue. And here you can actually see Hulk holding his head and shaking 2 pages before he decides to trample all over the naked kid. Than again, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Maybe it's a meta-commentary on Marvel editorial.

]Saga #11: Continuing a strong run. There has to be a translation of that language on the net, or it gets translated later.

It's esperanto. Marko moans how much he hates the grasshopper and his dad, his dad shrugs it off and tells him something about being brave before being good. Marko says he'll try one more time

The other top contender is ROM, Space Knight. The Space Knights have been getting a fair bit of play lately, and the preview art for AoU had a picture of ROM in it, edited right before it was printed to be Ikon instead.

Good catch. Bleeding cool did suggest a cover recently had the character on it.

Diggle leaving Action comics is a damn shame. More so when it means Tony Daniel will also write (stinks of harras and his "comics only need artists" view). Fialkov leaving I couldn't really care as he hasn't started and I haven't read anything by him other than the first few vampire books. It is worrying how writers are leaving before things even start - especially when they abandon high profile gigs. Fialkov has been doing some marvel stuff which maybe pissed DC editorial off. So when will Greg Pak be walking from Superman/Batman? Wonder how many creative teams you can have before a series is launched?

as has been mentioned, someone at WB should be going over there and taking stock. I know WB sees it mainly as an IP factory/library but surely they would rather it make a profit than run itself into the ground?

Oh, read New Avengers #4. Falling behind on Avengers but this series is really gripping me. I like how all these giant characters get great moments. I felt as if i missed something with the magneto world/"galaktus" destroying it thing. Was the suggestion that Galactus is an omniversal contant and is limiting the destruciton by happily eating earths where the incursions occur? Seems like a nice fix as i can see how losing earth is preferably to the universe (and he gets a snack to boot). Not fully convinced why they are going to so much trouble to save a world they are likely to destroy themselves. I guess it's just to remind us they are still heroes. Maybe if there was only an hour left they wouldn't have bothered. What I'm enjoying about this series is that it actually wants me to check out or have a comic featuring each of its members. Dr Strange and Black Panther the most but I'm even enjoying Stark, Namor and the Beast here too. I guess Mr Fantastic just reminds me I should read Hickman's run on FF.

Glad a high profile comic writer/artist have tried selling a digital comic themselves at a price we can judge (bit like radiohead did a while back. I guess it shows I'm a tight-ass as I'm thinking 50p/75 cents. Then again, I'm sure that's a damn higher cut they ever get from a print comic if it's just the two of them and a colourist putting it together.

All-New X-Men #9: nice cliffhanger, next issue promisses to be fun, though that will probably happen in Uncanny, right? Is that when one of the O5 join Cyclops' team? At this point I think I'm betting on Warren, but Bendis doesn't have much logic, so you never know. The danger-room sequence was fun, but Kitty doesn't seem the kind that would lose patience this quickly. Mystique's didatic speech was disappointing.

New Avengers #4: so, they have no problems with building weapons or using the darkest magic to probably kill other worlds to save their Earth, but if it's Galactus destroying one of those they get a guilty conscience? This book really makes me question why the hell Marvel felt the need to publish Age of Ultron this year; New Avengers seems to fill the quota for apocalyptic Marvel series. And a much better one at that.

Superior Spider-Man #6: oh, the Avengers are capable of noticing when something is wrong with one of them, that's new! And of course Wolverine would be the compassionate one, the guy's getting old. I'm enjoying Spider-Otto much more than I expected.

Captain America #7: okay, good, at least Cap won't be the next one to be possessed by an arch-nemesis, which seems to be a trend on Marvel Now.

AVENGERS #8 - Boy, good to see that the Avengers ol' "kick first, maybe ask questions later" tactic still lives and breathes in the pages of Jonathan Hickman's Avengers book. These guys started AvX for a reason. You can talk about "activating the world" all you want but Vulpes pilum mutat, non mores. Deep down inside you are reactionary bastards to the bitter end. There were dozens of ways they could've handled this without Thor throwing his dumb hammer at a naked guy.

Interesting; I actually thought they were more reasonable and patient with the guy who didn't know he had killed thousands than with the X-Men in AvX. Until Hulk and Thor decided they were being too patient, that is.

Thor and Hyperion surprised me. Though, at the same time, I can sort of understand why given it is a bit unclear if the Starbrand did all that damage on purpose or not.

so, they have no problems with building weapons or using the darkest magic to probably kill other worlds to save their Earth, but if it's Galactus destroying one of those they get a guilty conscience?

I think the fact that they had a few hours is what made them feel like they had to try and help. World breaking doesn't come naturally to them. Likely not even to Namor.

Should I be reading Daredevil? Book seems to get a lot of praise.

Also, All New X-Men is coming around. "So Beast....where the fuck is this mutant genocide?"

I hope Young Beast joins Old Cyclops. Shit would crack me up.

All-New X-Men #9: nice cliffhanger, next issue promisses to be fun, though that will probably happen in Uncanny, right? Is that when one of the O5 join Cyclops' team? At this point I think I'm betting on Warren, but Bendis doesn't have much logic, so you never know. The danger-room sequence was fun, but Kitty doesn't seem the kind that would lose patience this quickly. Mystique's didatic speech was disappointing.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed that both Uncanny and ANXM ended in the exact same place. I know its only been a week or so since Uncanny, but I'm assuming that it'll be another two weeks at least before we see how that event unfolds.

Personally I'm hoping for at least a few X-kids filling out Cyclops' ranks, not just the one OG X-man we know is going to his side.

Interesting; I actually thought they were more reasonable and patient with the guy who didn't know he had killed thousands than with the X-Men in AvX. Until Hulk and Thor decided they were being too patient, that is.

But he didn't kill anyone. The White Event killed all those people.

Basically he got hit by huge ass lightning that also disintegrated 3000 people than the Avengers show up and say: "Look what you fucking did. Look at that."

But he didn't kill anyone. The White Event killed all those people.

Basically he got hit by huge ass lightning that also disintegrated 3000 people than the Avengers show up and say: "Look what you fucking did. Look at that."

Good to know it's not just Cyclops who gets the blame for things he wasn't directly responsible for.

I'll give Bendis some credit for actually addressing complaints on his genocide line - he clearly reads message boards. Hopefully not this one.

Good to know it's not just Cyclops who gets the blame for things he wasn't directly responsible for.

Yeah, they're all about equal opportunity judgmental assholery.

I'll give Bendis some credit for actually addressing complaints on his genocide line - he clearly reads message boards. Hopefully not this one.

He reads his own board. Where everybody tells him his Mamet-wannabe antics are brilliant.

Heh, this could be seen as Hickman's commentary on AvX.

Superior Spiderman continues to be good.

It didn't come out this week, but if you are looking to try something I strongly suggest Bedlam. Shaping up to compete with Hickman's Avengers work and Saga IMO.

eta: Confession. I am liking Vibe.

I'm kinda surprised by this. Seems like more trouble than it is worth - can they mention Spawn at all, or does she become a generic fighter against supernatural evil in a metallic bikini?

No idea, I know he won the rights to the character from Macfarlane a few years ago. So they could write an entirely new origin and purpose I suppose.

If he really felt compelled to reuse her, I could see her being tweaked to fit in the Sandman mythos, but not so much Marvel

Honestly, I don't see the need to take a character created to hunt Spawns and try to turn it into something else.

To be fair I didn't see that one coming. It seems more of a "fuck you" to Macfarlane and Image to be honest but surely it means they also have mavel/miracleman if they have a character that was actually in Todd's comics? Could they have medieval spawn in it too? I doubt they'd mention spawn as they don't want to advertise the competition for free.

I think it would be easy to retrofit her into it but doing so in AOU seems odd. You'd think a Dr strange book would be a better place? Maybe she's an Angel whose job is to stop marvel characters fucking with the fabric of reality? That would allow her to fit into the more sci-fi comics she is appearing in (she'll be in GOTG too). It could work if her job is to hunt down time-travellers who mess things up. Watch out Beast!

Read BKV's Private eye. I liked it a lot. It reminded me of the martian culture in "Quantumn thief" by the guy with the hard to spell name. I may pay a little more for the next issue.

I read in one article that Gaiman and Macfarlane have 50/50 ownership of the chracter. So I wonder if TM sees profit from this ayway, or if they change her appearance enough, maybe he gets nothing?

Nevermind, i just read another article which explained that Gaiman owns Angela and all the angel characters associated with her 100%

Archived