Reviewing the Season 2 Bluray Set

Westeros

To me that looks like the Hound telling Sansa the story about how he got his burns. I heard rumours that they were moving it to S2 after the shooting difficulties in S1 that stopped it being filmed, but I guess it got cut once more for being redundant.

That's possible, I hadn't heard this before. I only knew that it was moved to LF because of shooting issues or some such. I'll keep my inner nerd rage over this to myself though.

Where'd you hear that?

I wonder did they actually film one take more like the book and then not use it for some reason :(

Yes, they filmed three scenes. Rory, the actor who plays Sandor Clegane, talked about it in an interview last year. It was released just before the Blackwater episode IIRC. According to him, they shot three different versions of that scene and said something like he hoped fans were happy with what they did. I have no idea what the differences are between the scenes and if details were released around them, I'm not aware of it. I doubt it would have looked like the book, Sandor Clegane in the show is a very different character than he is in the books.

Sounds great, Kittykatknits. I think it's going to be the one from the Sansa/Sandor still, it makes me think of the serpentine stairs scene. Also the Doreah/Irri one had a still that we never saw on the show, too.

Show Hound is way less emotional, but I like him, too. Maybe they shot alternate Blackwater takes for Sansa's memories. I also heard they filmed more of the beating scene but Dontos got cut.

They seem to have chilled out everyone in the show except Jaime.

The fact that extended already filmed scenes were cut pisses me off, every episode in Season 2 was like 51-54 mins long and could easily have fit these scenes in :(

Specially since they always find time for the whores scenes to fit in...

That's possible, I hadn't heard this before. I only knew that it was moved to LF because of shooting issues or some such. I'll keep my inner nerd rage over this to myself though.

Yes, they filmed three scenes. Rory, the actor who plays Sandor Clegane, talked about it in an interview last year. It was released just before the Blackwater episode IIRC. According to him, they shot three different versions of that scene and said something like he hoped fans were happy with what they did. I have no idea what the differences are between the scenes and if details were released around them, I'm not aware of it. I doubt it would have looked like the book, Sandor Clegane in the show is a very different character than he is in the books.

Maybe, one of those versions is the unkiss, and we are not supposed to see it until next seasons, as a memory from Sansa, just like in the books? :dunno:

I agree I don't think any of the version is like in the books, Sandor is a different character in the show (still amazing, but different)

The fact that extended already filmed scenes were cut pisses me off, every episode in Season 2 was like 51-54 mins long and could easily have fit these scenes in :(

It's not ideal to put as many scenes as possible to make a loner episode. if a scene is superfluous or doesn't add anything important it should be cut, regardless of the lenght of the episode. I'm sure there were good reasons to cut those scenes.

Yeah, I don't think they cut these scenes because they didn't have the time to insert them, it's because ultimately the scenes didn't work or essentially conveyed the same information that had been in another scene.

There's already a comment on here (or WIC I can't remember) in the review saying that the Loras/Maergary scene was cut for good reason since it doesn't bring anything new to the table.

I'm assuming the Irri/Doreah scene was cut because maybe once they saw it, they decided that it revealed too much info at that time and they wanted to keep a little more mystery as to what happened until later. Or maybe it didn't come off as well as they thought it would and it got left on the cutting room floor.

To me that looks like the Hound telling Sansa the story about how he got his burns. I heard rumours that they were moving it to S2 after the shooting difficulties in S1 that stopped it being filmed, but I guess it got cut once more for being redundant.

Well, that scene has already been done with the switch that LF tells her the story, at the tourney. Don't see why they would repeat it when they can do another scene from the book that they haven't aired. Dunno which one...

Well, that scene has already been done with the switch that LF tells her the story, at the tourney. Don't see why they would repeat it when they can do another scene from the book that they haven't aired. Dunno which one...

Which would be why it was cut. I can see why they'd want to do that scene: as a service to book readers, and to establish more of a relationship between Sansa and the Hound. But ultimately (if it was that scene.) they probably thought that wasn't enough of a pay off in exchange for repeating information.

Me too..... :angry2:

Really? I hadn't heard they shot that scene with three different versions, hopefully we'll get to see the alternate takes....

What did you ladies think? Tyrion, why.

I liked it better the second time, Sophie and Rory are great as always, getting across that the two characters both saw right through each other.

Screencaps of the scene look great.

Then Tyrion came along out of the blue. The same triangle dynamic at the end of the rescue scene, but then they gave the Hound a great comeback.

What did you ladies think? Tyrion, why.

Because it has become the Tyrion appreciation show. Seriously Tyrion can do no wrong is getting ridiculous.

Then Tyrion came along out of the blue. The same triangle dynamic at the end of the rescue scene, but then they gave the Hound a great comeback.

God knows why they are building up the Sansa / Tyrion thing (well I suspect because it's end game and they want to make Tyrion into a hero) but c'est la vie.

Archived