Will the person on the Iron Throne in the end be a PoV character?

shiola

Apples and jalapenos (not oranges, they're too similar). Orys was one of Aegon's most trusted generals. Edric is a son of someone who slew Prince Rhaegar, and then sat his victorious ass on the spiky chair. Dany's no more likely to elevate one of Bob's bastards, than Bloodraven was to do the same to Daemon Blackfyre's sons.

Edric is charming, and Tyrion may plant the idea in Dany's head. Daemon Blackfyre's sons continued to try to usurp the Crown while Edric isn't; SE is the best he can hope for. He would know better than to bite the hand that feeds him, and he has some honor.

I'd love it if it was Jaime sitting in the Iron Throne at the end of the last book...waiting for someone to come through the door to claim it.

They say GRRM has already written the last line of the last novel. I've always suspected it would be 'Jaime Lannister sat on the Iron Throne and waited to see who would try to claim it this time'.

My guess for the last POV chapter is Rickon, 65-years-old King-beyond-the-Wall, running his wild kingdom with his beloved Shireen and their son Davos, a fabled snowball-fighter; sometimes using advice of his three-eyed-crow brother. There also is his not-a-brother Jon Targaryen in charge on the Wall, the first undead Lord commander of the Night‘s Watch. The Winterfell is under the rule of the Young Wolf’s posthumous twins Brandon and Eddard, the Kings Who Knelt in front of Dany the Queen and her mummering dragons. Dany is the true ruler of the Frosty Throne (made from the swords surrendered by the Others) and Protector of the Realm, but most part of the Seven Kingdoms is actually ruled as a personal union of an old hag Sansa, lady of Casterly Rock, the Vale and the Riverlands. Her sweetheart Tyrion the Giant died as hero, when killing the Great Other with ridiculous name George Martin (despite it was female). Sansa didn´t spent a long time mourning for him, because she married soon again to Harold What’s-his-name and plenty of other honourable men later. She is currently known as the only lady, who could field an army out of her kilt. Her youngest children are also twins - Mordane, figure skater of the Frozen Gardens in Dorne, and Sandor, acolyte of House of Black & White, where the kindly old woman Arya is in charge. All Greyjoys are dead, because I don’t like them.

Brilliant. (I miss the like button!)

I don't understand the sentiment that not having an "Iron Throne" (which I can only take to mean not having a monarchy) would be a good thing, either from a plot standpoint or a storytelling standpoint. Westeros doesn't seem ready to have anything other than a hereditary monarchy. Also, Martin does not seem to be (and I certainly hope he isn't trying to be) writing a story that is a complete denunciation of monarchy and a call to democracy. :ack:

Democracy is disgusting! It ruined my country, :ack: Monarchy forever

It would be cool to have followed someones story all the way to the Iron Throne, then you could really feel what they feel. It would also be cool if the throne went to someone who we've seen throughout the books but not as a POV, but that includes a ton a of characters so who knows... As for the Iron Throne no longer being a thing, sure I could see that I suppose...

They say GRRM has already written the last line of the last novel. I've always suspected it would be 'Jaime Lannister sat on the Iron Throne and waited to see who would try to claim it this time'.

This would be the most poetic and perfect ending imaginable. Leaving it open ended like this would let fans speculate on the ending and with Jaime sat there it would be great especially since because he's become such a fan favourite.

I'd love it if it was Jaime sitting in the Iron Throne at the end of the last book...waiting for someone to come through the door to claim it.

Yeah, that would be awesome. I never even thought about him in relation to the Throne but the poignancy of that image is pretty enticing.

who says there will be a person sitting on the iron throne at the end of this song?

Lool... I wonder about that, too... perhaps the dragons will burn Kingslanding down by error trying to root out the Others, that might get that far south, after some fool blew that innocently looking small wall-horn...

If the throne's still standing, and for any reason's Jon is really alive it should be him, but we might get surprised...

at the moment, I just fear, Jon will end up if not dead, then at least mute like ghost... well, in that case Dany - if she remains alife - could marry him without a need to fear quarrels.

King Tommen is Jamie's son and he has already grown some fatherly feelings for him(as Tommen is not the monster Joffrey was) I always had a feeling that Jamie was gonna die defending Tommen....But I love the idea.

King Tommen is Jamie's son and he has already grown some fatherly feelings for him(as Tommen is not the monster Joffrey was) I always had a feeling that Jamie was gonna die defending Tommen....But I love the idea.

Jaime will die strangling Cersei with his golden hand, stopping her setting fire to EVERYTHING!

EDIT: Thus, saving Tommen :)

He can still save Tommen..... but only once.....

Agreed, but with that I don't really see Jamie making it to the end the last book. I would love to see it happen with Jamie remaining as LC of the kg for whoever the king is at the end, but I don't think think that's very likely. If Dany rules at the end there's just no way she let's the man who murdered her father(mad or not) when he was sworn to protect him, keep his head

Oh man I love the idea of keeping the final open-ended/ambiguous in regards to the next King/Queen.

I would hate that. What's the point in finishing the series if you're not going to finish one of the largest plot points of the whole thing?

Agreed, but with that I don't really see Jamie making it to the end the last book. I would love to see it happen with Jamie remaining as LC of the kg for whoever the king is at the end, but I don't think think that's very likely. If Dany rules at the end there's just no way she let's the man who murdered her father(mad or not) when he was sworn to protect him, keep his head

Even after being told her father was going to burn the city?

Archived