US Politics- Political Media is the Worst Kind of Media

Fez

Sequestration, another vote on the Hagel nomination, the Supreme Court hearing a case that could lead them to striking down Section V of the Voting Rights Act...

gonna be a busy goddamn week in DC.

My predictions:

Sequestration is happening. Also the government will shut down on March 27. But it'll be shutdown for a few days and the final deal will fund the government through the end of the fiscal year. The deal will keep the sequestration but will give agencies greater discretion over what a "program" is; allowing the agencies to better target the cuts rather than having it be a blanket slash.

Hagel's getting confirmed Tuesday, but it'll be close.

Democrats will freak out over how the oral arguments go this week, but, as we'll discover whenever the decision is handed down (summertime?) the Supreme Court will uphold Section V.

It boggles the mind that a nation (or the people that represent the people, anyways) would voluntarily eliminate 1/5th of the income of a sizable portion of their workforce, willingly. Do they not know the value of discretionary spending?

It boggles the mind that a nation (or the people that represent the people, anyways) would voluntarily eliminate 1/5th of the income of a sizable portion of their workforce, willingly. Do they not know the value of discretionary spending?

No.

The answer, sadly, is "Yes, they are just that stupid".

They love that almost as much as they love hating poor people, as the fucktards in my wonderful home state just proved by joining the fucktards in other states and passing a bill that will require all applicants for assistance to be drug tested.

But not an actual drug test, oh no. Applicants must take a written test first, and then those who appear to be drug abusers will then be forced to take actual tests.

I don't understand how people can be so willfully stupid, or at least I wouldn't understand if the Republican party hadn't been preparing me for stupid for the last dozen years or so.

They love that almost as much as they love hating poor people, as the fucktards in my wonderful home state just proved by joining the fucktards in other states and passing a bill that will require all applicants for assistance to be drug tested.

But not an actual drug test, oh no. Applicants must take a written test first, and then those who appear to be drug abusers will then be forced to take actual tests.

I don't understand how people can be so willfully stupid, or at least I wouldn't understand if the Republican party hadn't been preparing me for stupid for the last dozen years or so.

Wait...what?! Indiana is relying on self-reporting to determine which TANF recipients need to be drug tested?! That is...not logical, Jim!

Fortunately we are exempt from sequestration at VA and the department banked a couple of months operating expenses in case of a shutdown so I won't be affected personally this time. Going to hurt for a lot of people around here though and will likely tank the DC economy.

Does anyone know when the Republican Party started pandering to the minority hating, bible thumping morons?

Fortunately we are exempt from sequestration at VA and the department banked a couple of months operating expenses in case of a shutdown so I won't be affected personally this time. Going to hurt for a lot of people around here though and will likely tank the DC economy.

Tank it so that it's only just a kind of good economy?

ETA: I meant to put a smiley or a tongue after this.

The 1960's. Around the same time the Democratic Party started pandering to spineless armchair-warrior imperialists and cowardly nanny-staters.

That sounds like LBJ mixed with a nice dose of LBJ.

Hmm, no skin off my back. CNN is essentially Fox News for Democrats...

I've always seen them as the news version of the Golden Mean fallacy.

Speaking of media... I just found out that Soledad O'Brien is leaving CNN. I guess she pissed off one too many politicians?

God, The Young Turks were unbearable about this. I could sense the smugness seeping through my screen.

Archived