con questions and rumors & reports

Earlier, over the phone, I had been directed towards the Borough High Street exit by Chal. Turns out there is a western (near the escalators) and an eastern exit. Since OO’s avoid escalators like the plague, I went east. As a result there was some confusion as to where I was.

Ahhh...when I rang Chal after Paddy and I arrived in London, I was wondering why she insisted we get out at the Borrough St exit. As in, it was that or death. :P

Of course, the Borough St exit was closed, so that was a close call...

Ahhh...when I rang Chal after Paddy and I arrived in London, I was wondering why she insisted we get out at the Borrough St exit. As in, it was that or death. :P

Of course, the Borough St exit was closed, so that was a close call...

Lucky I was there with my uncanny sense of direction to help us find where we were going without any outside intervention, eh?

:P

Wert and Isis, may very well meet you for the game. Just keep me informed.
Yeah, man. And I know that the first game is on a Sat, which would be better, but I'll be down in Cornwall then. :( / :)

Lucky I was there with my uncanny sense of direction to help us find where we were going without any outside intervention, eh?:P

Yes...it actually was uncanny. Perhaps you could sense where people were enjoying themselves drinking. :P

If I am still around in England by the time of your football meet up I will make sure to come too. I only distantly remember talking to you (Werthead) during the saturday party, but I have absolutely no recollection about how you look...

Any other takers? Thursday 15th June, 5pm kick off. Somewhere in London. Help me out with location, Sean and Barry, cos I don't think I have ever watched a game at a pub in London, so I've no idea about pubs with big screens and so on. I'm right by the British Museum so I can do pretty much anywhere in central London.

Hmmm...... Not too sure about pubs in that area myself.

Might be an idea to pick a meeting point and then just look for a pub or if you have time between now and then Isis, maybe you can just have a scout around after work.

I'm sure we wouldn't have to look too hard.

Chal to the rescue once more: seriously, what would you do without me?

The Penderel's Oak on High Holborn has a huge screen downstairs for the specific purpose of showing those all important world cup games.

Going from Holborn Station towards Chancery Lane the pub is on the right hand side of the street and is not that far up.

Hope this helps (sink a couple for me...)

N

Chal to the rescue once more: seriously, what would you do without me?

The Penderel's Oak on High Holborn has a huge screen downstairs for the specific purpose of showing those all important world cup games.

Going from Holborn Station towards Chancery Lane the pub is on the right hand side of the street and is not that far up.

Is that a Wetherspoons pub? If it is, I know the one. But I have never been in there to do owt except drink. I'm sure you'll be toasted. :)

yes it is a Wetherspoons pub. It's alright as they go and quite big - so you'll be able to get in there and get a seat if you're not too late.

Just wish I could be there.

N

@ Prod

http://www.bwbfanclub.com/ga_members.php

This page is your friend when it comes to BwB ID purposes. There's also the giga-thread here:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=6144

I think I'm somewhere around page 35 (!!!), but it's the same picture as on the BwB photo board.

I can't remember what we chatted about. I think Lost and Battlestar Galactica were mentioned a few times and the ASoIF books. I think me and Zak were talking Oblivion at the time. Then you went and got pwned :)

[email protected]

Ok, here's a couple of photos that were taken using my shit french disposable camera.

I'd like you to excuse the shocking quality of these photos. The camera sucked, the flash on it wasn't great and I obviously cannot take photos while I am pissed.

Still, they're worth viewing. You get a proper view of the scale model of the Zollock and they're the only photos I've seen of Saturday night, after the party in the hostel. We were obviously really enjoying ourselves :)

[email protected]

Actually, those photos are *really* bad.

But I really like the decent ones.

Ah well, next time :)

Archived