con questions and rumors & reports

"does anyone else recall comments being made concerning Snape/Randyll Tarly slash fanfic at the party? I have been wondering since Saturday night whether I actually heard this or just had a very squicky nightmare there."

Yes!!! But there was someone else involved as well, I can't remember whom! I thought up a story right there and then about Dudley/Hagrid too, not to mention Dumbledore/Kreacher. :P

Regarding my post count, I don't think I pwn Ran anymore. Oh that made me emo. :cry:

Chal, they were such n00bs they prolly wouldn't have paid anyway. Or maybe they just wanted to buy us beer, what do I know. :P

LOL Vestrit, no need. :P

And *hugs* to everyone, you emo bastards :cry:

I thought we had it established that n00b was a state of mind? *grumpy*

Thanks everyone for answering the "Would the BwB make RT do Snape" - question. I may now ponder whether I am relieved that I do not dream up such scenarios or scared for 1. me, 2. us or 3. Snape :) [now, if someone would write it, I'd of course be forced to read it out of purely academic reasons;)]

And RT = Kaiser Soze? Paddy FTW yet another time! :lol:

If we're talking post counts, my pwnership (is that a word?) of you all is clear. :P

Yeah, I think Mormont's low join number + hugh count number (another Ran-pwner from the look of it) gives him pwning power over the rest of us here. In retaliation I stole his GRRM sig quote for use on another board though :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think Mormont's low join number + hugh count number (another Ran-pwner from the look of it) gives him pwning power over the rest of us here. In retaliation I stole his GRRM sig quote for use on another board though :thumbsup:

We have to stop this mod on mod crime now!!

Here's a good one. ;)

It's like an entire country summarise in one .gif file ;)

I couldn't use it as an avatar, I'd feel homesick every time I looked at it :cry:

I'd suggest contacting Zak, see if he can rustle you up something, er, memorable.

He anticipated this suggestion by about an hour. That's dedication to the cause of art. ;)

What could be more fitting for this board than an original Zak drawing of the infamous Randyll Tarly. Admittedly, I'm not quite sure why he looks unhappy in the picture.

For completeness I decided to add an appropriate signature as well. I'm sure I remember that quote from the books...

Obviously Randyll Tarly was emo because he hadn't killed anyone that day. Later on he butchered some Dornishmen and was happy for the rest of the day.

Here goes nothing (hope this works now, the board tells me I put too many emoticons in this post, so I had to edit).

London

The day I actually left for London turned out to be the first with good spring weather in southern Sweden. Of course, that makes sense, once you are not around…. Anyway, upon arrival at the airport I had a Danish regular beer (i.e. HUGE) and a big plate of pasta. 20 hours later I would be wondering why my stomach felt like I hadn’t eaten anything since…..well…..the airport.

Somehow the good weather resulted in me sweating across the Channel by plane, sweating my way down to London by train and then me sweating in the Tube towards London Bridge. I was hawt!

Earlier, over the phone, I had been directed towards the Borough High Street exit by Chal. Turns out there is a western (near the escalators) and an eastern exit. Since OO’s avoid escalators like the plague, I went east. As a result there was some confusion as to where I was. Luckily the lovely Chal picked me up and after a hug that had my knees buckle, we went off to meet the rest of the gang.

What can I say? The distinction between RL friends and online friends from the early days of Bwb-hood has long since crumbled. It is great to meet up with that bunch of crazy, weird, fun, warm, fantastic human beings. *cue sappy music*

After more hugs and stuff (Euros are all about touchy-feely) I had a pint handed to me. The first of many. The t-shirt was a succes (if the applause was any indication). Barry did of course doubt my spy suave *because* I put my agent name on it. Barry, barry, you don’t get it, do you? It is For Your Eyes Only.

His shoe story though, is now a classic and the information label that came with that pair of â€high, low, medium level quality shoes†(take your pick) is probably an example of how we’ll all speak Chinenglish in a few decades. Probably got to my room around 4 am where it turned out that I had the coolest roomies with daj, GoN, Chal, mr Chal and Mo. My luck.

I think that the evil pact between GoN, Chal, mr Chal and me was made right from the start. In the coming days, we were to redefine the very boundaries of the concept that is innuendo.

Buggered off with daj, GoN and mr Chal for some breakfast just before noon. Encountered Pad and an extremely drunken Paddy on our way to food. Saw that grin coming down the street from a 100 yards.

My body shook for lack of food (see above) and mr Chal just *had* to go through Borough Street Market. …..I really like food, but the sight and smell of freshly cut off cowsheads, entrails, livers and what probably were some organs I don’t even want to think about around 11 am, on an empty stomach…….almost put me off eating for the rest of my life.

10 minutes later I was wolfing down a huge English breakfast. When nature calls, you don’t say no.

Strolled along the Thames, had icecream, Pad and me looking our usual cool selves and at some point we went to the Imperial War Museum, which had, in front of the entrance, a replica of RT’s handgun, double-barreled. Whilst everyone ran in, eager to see mankind’s toys, the Paddster and me MADE that museum look good by lounging on the museum steps, shades on, icecream in hand. Cause that is how we roll.

Eventually we did enter though and I marvelled with ztem about the size of the V2 (yes, we’re all about phallic symbols), made fun of GoN and her craving to see the Humanism floor (it is a War Museum ffs :P) and went to see the Secret War department with the 3 mingers (barry, Sean and Zak). Of course, literally the first thing we encountered there….you guessed it…..a James Bond exposition, including soundtracks, clips and god knows what else. You just don’t make that up.

At the museum we met up with the lovely Isis, with whom I managed to talk about 4 words with (the downside of big groups), the unnerved, despite our silliness, william (kudos!) and werthead (with whom I’ll also have to talk next time). By now the weather had really become awesome (AWESOME!) and after some sunbathing near the musem Lady of Wasset turned up. Dying for beer we strolled down to a nearby pub, The 3 Stags, where Paddy, Zak and I probably scared the hell out of Lady of W with our topics of conversation. Maybe that was why she didn’t show up for the Saturday party. If so, our apologies. :P

After many more pints, eating Kama’s lunch and err… inappropriate topics, Cerys and Ice showed up. Somehow I have no idea what we did after that (apart from carrying the nearly lost Miss Zak’s handbag through the half of London, making it look even better than it usually does), but later that day we went to the karaoke bar. I dont’ think I am much of a singer, so I stayed the hell away from the microphone but I am good when it comes to yelling along with New York, New York for example. Furthermore I am all about food, cause I took on the biggest steak they had there and loved it (loved it ate it, not loved it loved it). Even managed to introduce myself to Maid Sansa inbetween bites (did that sound wrong? Sue me). A lot of Bwb-ers *can* sing, as proven by e.g. GoN, Cerys, Paddy and the fuckwit duo. :P

I am not sure during what part of the day people started fondling my abs, but I am fairly sure half the Bwb copped a feel.

After the karaoke we spent time in the chill out room, played table football at elite level and had an overall good time. I think this was the night where I sat down on Daj, in order for him to gauge my solidness….(dont’ ask). Anyway, it was concluded that I am more solid than Solid. At some point Ms Zak got glassed, but the chav perpetraitor got removed from the hostel.

Barry pretty much killed me. I haven’t laughed that much since….well, probably in 2006 so far.

Probably out around 4 am again.

After entertaining my roomies with morning rituals, 6 of us (Daj, GoN, Chal, mr Chal, Cerys and me) went for breakfast around noon. *cue huge English breakfast* Whilst the ladies went off shopping, we rampaged several book stores. Daj and Mr Chal are fucking knowledgeable once they start talking (:P) and we had a good time checking out the vast fantasy collection at Borders. Couldn’t help buying a book present for Zak titled ’May contain Nuts’. And no, I am not making that up.

Ended up in a pub/club of all places and more beer and food (yes, a man’s gotta eat) and talk was had. Good times. Verbal brutality galore when the girls joined us again after which we went out for the finishing touch: shoeshopping. I am always annoyed with the fact that women have it so much better than guys when it comes to shoe shop collections. Fuck that. I want to be able to pick a cool pair from among a couple of hundred different pairs, not from among a dozen, stuffed away in the corner. Fascism I say!

Through a bit of rain we went back to the hostel and no, I have no clue what we did until it was party time. Haziness FTW!

The private party was great, good food (fuck, I am obsessed, ….), with Parris once more popping by, Paddy rocking our world (and Gail’s), ztem dj-ing, ’May contain nuts’ being presented to our very own Scottish minger, GoN watching the door and writing random numbers behind everyones name (and being bombarded by questions the rest of the night as to the reason behind the numbering), the sound-barrier was broken by some drunken Polish chick and I pretty much laughed my ass off sitting besides Zak, GoN,barry and err.. countless other now hazy people. :P This is where the Zollock entered the conversation for real. The golden nr 1 balloon became ’the Zollock’, scalemodel, 1:48. Don’t ask. And no touching.

The hostel bar party…..well….fuuuck. I had about 10 shots in the first half hour, plus beer, so I didn’t make it past 4 am. Puked a tad eventually, but no Vestrit escapades at least. Anyway, we danced, we shouted, we snogged. As for the latter, as far as I recall, no guys this time. Ser Vestrit, the ultimate clubber, collected a fanclub of 3 gay guys within minutes. He was probably the only one who didn’t get it until much later. Sean cock-blocked the Bwb girls from strangers (imagine him tapping you on the shoulder and just making a ’mine’ sign with his hand, *cue people running off*). Anyway, after 4 am, I missed the eventual breaking of the bar. Can’t have it all, I guess.

Early morning Sunday, the usual suspects GoN, daj, probably mo and me ran off for breakfast again. Yep, another English one. I eat, therefore I am. A huge group of 30 Bwb-ers went to the London Bridge to catch a boat to Greenwich (pronounced Grennitsj) and whilst waiting in the sun the ins and outs of rugby were discussed (and listened to by n00bs like myself).

The boat trip was great, sun, wind, a funny commentator and….you guessed it….he mentioned James Bond when we passed a location along the Thames used as a film stage for Tomorrow Never Dies. Much hilarity ensued. And, no, I am not making this up either.

Greenwich was really nice. Good food….and….ok…lots of small shops, pubs, restaurants and a huge park where we lounged in the sun, played football, tried our hand on passing the rugby ball (which is difficult dammit). Vestrit told all about the 30 meter backhand pass, but I was having trouble enough not dropping the damn ball in the first place. It took Paddy 10 minutes to emo goodbye everyone. That made me emo. After that the majority was supposed to move on to a good pub with terrace nearby, yet somehow we found them in the emo pub. I’ll never get that hour of my life back, thank you very much. The dead guy…..the toilets….the lack of light…..the guy with his ass HANGING OUT OF HIS PANTS……that COUCH…..jeeezus. Had a good laugh with ztem, GoN, mo, Maid Sansa and daj though. All we could do to hang on to dear life, fighting the emo pub.

Once we wrestled ourselves from its clutches we went for a beer garden, a much better place to have some more beer. A light spring rain set the mood. Ser Ilyn was as entertaining as ever, thesai FTW! …and people had an hour or so of relaxation.

Err….what next….oh yes, the Indian restaurant was awesome. I think innuendo itself reached a climax there and it came all over the place . The food was real good too.:P

On the way back, around midnight….we played rugby on the London pavements. I think I actually had barry slightly annoyed when I threw the ball down *his* tube stairs. Granted, that wasn’t the smartest move. He got me back by trashing me in a scrum with Vestrit and 1 or 2 others on the street a few minutes later. Chal’s reaction, once I got up was awesome: ’’And he’s still got his fucking sunglasses on!!’’ Hahahahahaa. Yep, cause that is how I roll. :P

Hung around in the hostel bar, had some interesting conversations with Vestrit, but we concluded that 2 pints then and there was pretty much where we should stop. Thank god we did.

After that we got to the Wrong Hours. Somehow ended up in bed with barry, Vestrit, GoN and Chal and much silliness ensued. Managed to get to my bed around 3 am.

The next morning was mostly emo. People leaving left and right. Rain pouring down. After some last goodbyes I ran off for the tube. Completely fucking knackered by the time I got home.

This is obviously only a flash from a weekend that entailed so much more, but there is a limit to the bandwith of the Intarwebb and my keyboard is almost out of ink. :P

A couple of random comments:

Once more, Sean, barry and Chal RAWK. They PAWN all your good intentions. Just bask in their radiance whilst having another pint. Love you guys.

I’ve never felt so objectified in my life before (and you know who you are, biatches!) :P

â€No touching the Zollock!â€

â€That is ok, I am from the internet†(Vestrit to a random guy in the bar)

â€It is not rape, it is surprise sexâ€

â€You are such a bitch†(exclusively aimed at GoN)

â€Want a piece of this?â€

â€WWRTD?â€

â€Abortion by surprise sex.â€

Oh fuck, I am gonna stop now. You guys rock. And you know it.

*puts on shades*

Cause that is how I roll.

Pwnd by those two reports.

(Was person who ran away from Lyanna's Dudley/Hagrid fic or whatever the fuck it was, hard to tell when running away screaming Wrong! Wrong!)

Some fucker get organising another meet.

Cool report.

Hmm. Me and Isis were talking about meeting up in London to watch one of the World Cup games in a pub somewhere, possibly the one on the 15th June (England vs Trinidad/Tobago). Anyone else be interested in that? Given the timespan involved (only 90 minutes for the game) we could have a few drinks on into the evening and engage in further BwB shenanigans. The only drawback is that it's a Thursday, but then we are the hardcore posse. :cheers:

Here goes nothing (hope this works now, the board tells me I put too many emoticons in this post, so I had to edit).
Emoticon limit? Harsh!

I am not sure during what part of the day people started fondling my abs, but I am fairly sure half the Bwb copped a feel.
Seem to remember participating in that one...thanks. :P

We'll have another four words next time! In fact, there were altogether too many people that I didn't get chance to say much to. :cry:

I thought we had it established that n00b was a state of mind? *grumpy*

Yeah, it is. IMO anyways. I think its best to call those with >10,000 posts old farts :P

We're the ones in our prime :)

Thanks everyone for answering the "Would the BwB make RT do Snape" - question. I may now ponder whether I am relieved that I do not dream up such scenarios or scared for 1. me, 2. us or 3. Snape :) [now, if someone would write it, I'd of course be forced to read it out of purely academic reasons;)]

HAHA, when I wrote my reply, I was almost going to add that you can be thankful its wasn't your hallucinating mind that invented the combo, it was my drunken one, but I wasn't sure what that said about me :)

And RT = Kaiser Soze? Paddy FTW yet another time! :lol:

hahah, ta :)

Great report Zollo :)

Strolled along the Thames, had icecream, Pad and me looking our usual cool selves and at some point we went to the Imperial War Museum, which had, in front of the entrance, a replica of RT’s handgun, double-barreled. Whilst everyone ran in, eager to see mankind’s toys, the Paddster and me MADE that museum look good by lounging on the museum steps, shades on, icecream in hand. Cause that is how we roll.

What was cool. We were cool. There was even a bird sitting on the replica of RT's handgun.

It took Paddy 10 minutes to emo goodbye everyone.

I know. I dont think I've ever been more emo, but I was lovely to say goodbye to everone personally.

*puts on shades*

Cause that is how I roll.

*puts on shades*

You know it

Archived