Battle for Mereen Speculation

MikeL

I don't think Tyrion will die as he is Georges favorite character and he has a fondness for the little fellow ...as for the horn ....Victarion can't blow or he will die ....the only person who can blow it is Dany,, as she has an immunity to fire . I think they win the battle of slavers bay and the dragons make short work of the volanteen fleet ....the Dothraki are given Ynkai and Astapor as their reward....Mereen is given back to the freedmen and the slavers put to death...

For the thousandth time Dany is not fireproof, she is mortal, and therefore would die if she blew the horn, at least according to Moqorro's reading.

not saying she can't be killed....I'm sure she'll die if you chop her head off....just that fire is probably not a very good method to try and kill her.....also in the house of the undying when the dragons shot flames all around her.....thats pretty flame resistant or heat resistant if you ask me

GRRM has confirmed that she is not fireproof and that quote has been reposted on this forum a thousand times. Dany was protected in the funeral pyre by magic, she burnt her hands when she pulled the spear from drogon, the piece you quoted about the house of the undying was from the t.v. show not the books.

Edit: Also on the fighting pit incident, note that Dany's clothes do not burn off like they did in the funeral pyre. So, only her hair burnt because only her hair touched the fire, if her body had her clothes would have burnt even if her body was immune.

For the thousandth time Dany is not fireproof, she is mortal, and therefore would die if she blew the horn, at least according to Moqorro's reading.

haha for the thousandth time, she is fireproof!! as shown over and over in the books. esp in DwD when Drogon sets her hair on fire in the fighting pit and all her hair burns off and her scalp/rest of her body is totally fine. Fire doesn't hurt her. She can be burned by hot metal, which is what happens when she pulls the spear from Drogons back, but straight up fire or dragon fire cannot harm her skin or her lungs. her lungs can handle being engulfed by smoke (as shown in the funeral pyre and the HOTU). So this leads me to believe she could blow the horn and live through it.

GRRM has confirmed that she is not fireproof and that quote has been reposted on this forum a thousand times. Dany was protected in the funeral pyre by magic, she burnt her hands when she pulled the spear from drogon, the piece you quoted about the house of the undying was from the t.v. show not the books.

Edit: Also on the fighting pit incident, note that Dany's clothes do not burn off like they did in the funeral pyre. So, only her hair burnt because only her hair touched the fire, if her body had her clothes would have burnt even if her body was immune.

No no no, the quote that has been posted 1000 times from GRRM says "not all Targaryens are fireproof at all times." , and that 'the pyre was a one-time event'. he is saying that not all Targaryens are fire-proof, he never once says 'dany is not fire proof'

Basically if you read into it, he is confirming that Targaryen's can in fact be burned. Which is why Jon Snow IS a targaryen even though he got burned. the statement GRRM made was about Jon not Dany!!!!

Dany is the first and only Fireproof Person/Targaryen ever. rules don't apply to her.

I don't think Tyrion will die as he is Georges favorite character and he has a fondness for the little fellow ...as for the horn ....Victarion can't blow or he will die ....the only person who can blow it is Dany,, as she has an immunity to fire . I think they win the battle of slavers bay and the dragons make short work of the volanteen fleet ....the Dothraki are given Ynkai and Astapor as their reward....Mereen is given back to the freedmen and the slavers put to death...

But back to the battle, Tyrion and Jorah still have some things to do before they die. Barristan may have completed his arc by taking up the leadership poistion and Dany's horse to ride out against the enemy, I fear for him greatly.

I still strongly believe that BBP is going to ride Viserion in the Battle of Slaver's bay.

I wonder what would happen if a dragon had a rider and the horn blew, would the dragon still be hypnotized by the horn or would it bend to the will of the rider?

I really hope someone puts Vic in his place, and his first POV isn't him like giving a bunch of shit to one of the other main characters. i want him to be humble, esp when he talks to Dany.

The khalasar that Dany happens upon at the end of DwD is stupid, why would they just walk up to a feasting Dragon? you would think that is something they would want to steer clear of unless they are planning on submission right? no one int heir right mind would come up to Dany and her Dragon and plan on overcoming them. So Khal Pono must have good intentions for Dany at this point, which will give her an army of Dothraki screamers to lead down to the battle.

I am also wondering about the geography, does anyone know about how far out Dany is from Mereen?

5) Victorion has the dragon horn blown - it gets the attention of the dragons - but I suspect this will result in him getting torched/eaten.

Moqorro saw visions of Vic's glory in his fires. Victarian is not going to get comically eaten by a dragon just a few weeks later.

haha for the thousandth time, she is fireproof!! as shown over and over in the books. esp in DwD when Drogon sets her hair on fire in the fighting pit and all her hair burns off and her scalp/rest of her body is totally fine. Fire doesn't hurt her. She can be burned by hot metal, which is what happens when she pulls the spear from Drogons back, but straight up fire or dragon fire cannot harm her skin or her lungs. her lungs can handle being engulfed by smoke (as shown in the funeral pyre and the HOTU). So this leads me to believe she could blow the horn and live through it.

What does smoke in her lungs have to do with anything when GRRM said that event was magical. Your saying someone is immune to dragonfire but not hot metal and that doesn't sound ridiculous to you? And we know all targs aren't immune to fire GRRM would not have needed to say that we saw Viserys and heard about maekor. The quote i was referring to said that the funeral pyre was a one time event and that Dany was protected by magic, I don't have the quote but it was specifically referring to the funeral pyre. If GRRM wanted Dany to be immune to fire, she would have been blasted by fire at some point not narrowly missing it constantly.

What does smoke in her lungs have to do with anything when GRRM said that event was magical. Your saying someone is immune to dragonfire but not hot metal and that doesn't sound ridiculous to you? And we know all targs aren't immune to fire GRRM would not have needed to say that we saw Viserys and heard about maekor. The quote i was referring to said that the funeral pyre was a one time event and that Dany was protected by magic, I don't have the quote but it was specifically referring to the funeral pyre. If GRRM wanted Dany to be immune to fire, she would have been blasted by fire at some point not narrowly missing it constantly.

lol you're asking if something in these books sounds ridiculous or not? it's all ridiculous fantasy. And yes I think she can be burned by hot metal but not fire from her children (dragons). I think any person would have a melted scalp if a dragon set their hair on fire, but she was fine, just like she was after the pyre.

The thing about her lungs is from the HOTU. She is in a room full of fire and 'bulls through' the burning bodies, drogon flies after her through a wall of fire. humans don't survive in rooms full of fire, their lungs can't take it. I really don't understand why i have to argue this point so much. Dany is clearly immune to fire from her dragons. if the pyre was a one-time event thats fine we wont discuss it. But the HOTU is from Dany's POV and she doesn't even mention that it's hot in there or that she can't breathe.

When Drogon blasts her in the fire pit he sets her hair on fire. a giant furnace sized blast of fire so close to your head that your hair sets on fire. Next time you want to get your hair cut, just burn it off instead and see if your body/skin is affected at all. I guarantee it will be!

Dany is absolutely immune to Drogons fire breath. And there is NOTHING AT ALL in the reading or GRRM's statements that contradict this. So we will just have to wait and see from the last 2 books.

lol you're asking if something in these books sounds ridiculous or not? it's all ridiculous fantasy. And yes I think she can be burned by hot metal but not fire from her children (dragons). I think any person would have a melted scalp if a dragon set their hair on fire, but she was fine, just like she was after the pyre.

The thing about her lungs is from the HOTU. She is in a room full of fire and 'bulls through' the burning bodies, drogon flies after her through a wall of fire. humans don't survive in rooms full of fire, their lungs can't take it. I really don't understand why i have to argue this point so much. Dany is clearly immune to fire from her dragons. if the pyre was a one-time event thats fine we wont discuss it. But the HOTU is from Dany's POV and she doesn't even mention that it's hot in there or that she can't breathe.

When Drogon blasts her in the fire pit he sets her hair on fire. a giant furnace sized blast of fire so close to your head that your hair sets on fire. Next time you want to get your hair cut, just burn it off instead and see if your body/skin is affected at all. I guarantee it will be!

Dany is absolutely immune to Drogons fire breath. And there is NOTHING AT ALL in the reading or GRRM's statements that contradict this. So we will just have to wait and see from the last 2 books.

I agree entirely with your interpretation. I believe that Dany is immune from Dragon fire having some magical protection given to her by her dragons the metal burn she recieved being from a secondary source a heat transfer (from something that has been superheated.)

I really hope someone puts Vic in his place, and his first POV isn't him like giving a bunch of shit to one of the other main characters. i want him to be humble, esp when he talks to Dany.

Why would you want this? Its waaaay out of character, its not the way to get Dany as far as making her a bride, and would destroy the whole fun of Vic. Vic is here to kick in the door and start smacking fools around to make his presence known. If he comes in all respectful of an old man like Selmy or sellswords or a dwarf, it would ruin his entire setup.

Vic v Daario needs to happen, yesterday.

Why would you want this? Its waaaay out of character, its not the way to get Dany as far as making her a bride, and would destroy the whole fun of Vic. Vic is here to kick in the door and start smacking fools around to make his presence known. If he comes in all respectful of an old man like Selmy or sellswords or a dwarf, it would ruin his entire setup.

haha ok fair enough. it wouldnt be in his character. but i hope dany whips him in the face if he tries to steal one of her dragons via the horn.

Actually i bet he asks dany, she says no, then he blows the horn just despite her. I wonder the range is on the horns?

I agree entirely with your interpretation. I believe that Dany is immune from Dragon fire having some magical protection given to her by her dragons the metal burn she recieved being from a secondary source a heat transfer (from something that has been superheated.)

:cheers:

haha ok fair enough. it wouldnt be in his character. but i hope dany whips him in the face if he tries to steal one of her dragons via the horn.

Actually i bet he asks dany, she says no, then he blows the horn just despite her. I wonder the range is on the horns?

I look forward to their war of wills. I think Dany will outsmart him, recognize his worth, then play him.

I would guess the range is pretty far with how loud the horn is. I want to know how many and which dragons it works on. I also speculate that the horns dont work on dragons that are already bound to someone.

:cheers:

You people make me hope that Dany gets burned to a crisp just to spite you! You can't say she is immune to dragonfire only, because the funeral pyre was not dragonfire. You then can claim that was a one-time "magical" event, but that in fact she is immune to dragonfire on top of that. Except, that, ya know, she got burned by Drogon. Oh wait, forgot to note that all of her except her hair is immune. So to fix that you say she was burned by the spear (that was heated by dragonfire, was it not?). So dragonfire doesn't hurt her, but heat something up with dragonfire then use THAT to hurt her right? Then you go so far as to say GRRM's statement on the matter is him just messing with his fans, as opposed to, ya know, actually explaining something to them they are misunderstood about. FedEx just keeps on shipping.</derailment>

:cheers: thank you. that would have been a great little fight

You people make me hope that Dany gets burned to a crisp just to spite you! You can't say she is immune to dragonfire only, because the funeral pyre was not dragonfire. You then can claim that was a one-time "magical" event, but that in fact she is immune to dragonfire on top of that. Except, that, ya know, she got burned by Drogon. Oh wait, forgot to note that all of her except her hair is immune. So to fix that you say she was burned by the spear (that was heated by dragonfire, was it not?). So dragonfire doesn't hurt her, but heat something up with dragonfire then use THAT to hurt her right? Then you go so far as to say GRRM's statement on the matter is him just messing with his fans, as opposed to, ya know, actually explaining something to them they are misunderstood about. FedEx just keeps on shipping.</derailment>

GRRM said the pyre was a one-time thing not us. and her hair was burned in the pyre and by drogon. And yes as crazy as it sounds that we think that everything in these books is not as it seems.......... we do think that. Metal can burn dany and other targaryens (viserys) but dragon fire cannot hurt her, why is that so hard to accept?

here's a small list of completely ridiculous shit that we accept in ASOIAF

1. Human's can control animals' minds

2. trees can talk

3. shadows can kill people

4. the dead can be kissed back to life

5. people can change their faces

6. zombies are real

7. dragons are real

8. giants are real

Do i really need to continue??

I don't think it is that far-fetched to believe one person is fire-proof who has displayed fire proof abilities 3 or more times!

So are you saying that having your hair burned off with fire without getting any injury to the skin on your head is completely normal? This could just happen to anyone?

Archived