Battle for Mereen Speculation

MikeL

So are you saying that having your hair burned off with fire without getting any injury to the skin on your head is completely normal? This could just happen to anyone?

Yeah that's what i don't get. in the last Dany chapter in DwD she mentions that her hair burned off the same as it did in the pyre. meaning that her hair burned but nothing else, cuz she is immune!!

It would be fantastic since Daario would no longer be breathing.

I like Daario and I don't like Vic. I don't like any of the ironborn except Asha and only because of her valor in the all night woods fight she went through. Their whole family is nucking futs!

I like Daario and I don't like Vic. I don't like any of the ironborn except Asha and only because of her valor in the all night woods fight she went through. Their whole family is nucking futs!

Daario is a clown (literally and physically). Victarion is the most metal character in the series with a flaming hand. Whats wrong with you!

Daario would have little hope against Victarion. Jorah or Barristan would be better matched, though Barristan would try to refrain from allowing an escalation leading to a duel anyway. Jorah is going to have a serious problem with these suitors, or at least with Victarion/Euron.

While the Vic/Daario thing is pretty much assured to happen IMO - I'm more curious about what Marwyn and Moquorro are going to end up talking about. I'd love to have an entire chapter where Marwyn, Moquorro, and Tyrion sit down and do a chapter-long dragon/magic/wall debrief

Tyrion is the only one there that knows about Aegon, he's also been to the Wall

Marwyn is the only one there who knows about The Others returning, he knows recent happenings at the Wall

Moquorro, as a Red Priest, knows and believes Dany is AAR and will be her Melisandre

The conversation that these three could have would finally bridge the political / supernatural storylines

No no no, the quote that has been posted 1000 times from GRRM says "not all Targaryens are fireproof at all times." , and that 'the pyre was a one-time event'. he is saying that not all Targaryens are fire-proof, he never once says 'dany is not fire proof'

Basically if you read into it, he is confirming that Targaryen's can in fact be burned. Which is why Jon Snow IS a targaryen even though he got burned. the statement GRRM made was about Jon not Dany!!!!

Dany is the first and only Fireproof Person/Targaryen ever. rules don't apply to her.

When her brother had molten gold poured over his head....Dany thinks to herself " dragons cannot be killed by fire " or something to that effect....leaving one to believe that she is the true blood of the dragon....now what sort of magic could have prevented her from being burnt to a crisp on the pyre.....the dragons perhaps....the witch she burned in the pyre.....makes no sense....the fact that she takes scalding hot baths and doesn't burn her skin......I think it's evident that Dany is the true blood of the dragon....

6) In any case, I think Dany will "win" the battle, but lose Mereen (probably because of dragon caused collateral damage), and this will be the catalyst for her unsullied (+Khal Pono khalisaar?) to head west - presumably through Valyria. There is too much land between her and Westeros for her not to have at least one more delay somewhere in Essos. I think the plan is for her to arrive in Westeros by the end of TWOW.

So hold on, you at once claim both that she'll have at least one more delay in Essos between Mereen and the Narrow Sea, but that she'll also be in Westeros by the end of TWoW? Sometimes I think you guys think the book will be as long as the first five combined :P

I agree with the most of the rest of the OP, but I don't know if she'll return with the khalasar. Perhaps their meeting was just an in your face, look at my dragon. But she's also filthy, animal like and probably kinda cuckoo from all the sun/dehydration etc. They might just leave here there (because doing otherwise and tempting Drogon isn't wise)

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion. We are told Targ's are immune from plagues, it's one of the reasons a lot of people started thinking Tyrion is a Targ. Also given Dany's lack of food, warmth, water, and sleep, the pale mare would have been almost certainly fatal if she had gotten it. GRRM writes in how Dany knows she is drinking unclean water but has no choice, this just makes me think food poisoning is a much more likely reason for her being sick. I'm also not sure how you came to miscarriage. Possible, yes. Likely, no. I say this because Dany was away from Mereen for a while, and if you don't eat for several days while pregnant even at the beginning a miscarriage isn't going to take 2 weeks. Finally it is my own theory that Dany went through a lot in the Dothraki sea and that when she bled she regained her fertility.

Targ's aren't immune from plagues, as another poster has said a great many died from the great sickness. Dany thinks she maybe immune to disease as she doesn't remember being ill. Then in her next POV that has become a fact in her head. The POV is showing her personal views not fact and I think it's showing us her becoming more narrow minded. Another example is that she believes herself immune from fire but she quite clealy describes burns on her hands in the dessert. That last chapter she's having visions, feeling weak and can barely stand up when she's with Drogon. There is a great thread on the miscarriage theory if you want to search it.

Targ's aren't immune from plagues, as another poster has said a great many died from the great sickness. Dany thinks she maybe immune to disease as she doesn't remember being ill. Then in her next POV that has become a fact in her head. The POV is showing her personal views not fact and I think it's showing us her becoming more narrow minded. Another example is that she believes herself immune from fire but she quite clealy describes burns on her hands in the dessert. That last chapter she's having visions, feeling weak and can barely stand up when she's with Drogon. There is a great thread on the miscarriage theory if you want to search it.

Dany having a miscarriage is different than her contracting a disease or virus. I think she literally has 'the blood of the dragon' her and her alone, she is one-of-a-kind even in her own Targaryen family. She is immune to dragon fire and immune to sickness.

That being said it does not mean that she cannot be harmed at all. She can be stabbed and she can get food-poisoning, she can have a miscarriage, she can be burned by hot metal.

She is very tough though, and she has more powers than anyone else in her family has had in a very long time.

I look forward to their war of wills. I think Dany will outsmart him, recognize his worth, then play him.

Let's face it. Dany isn't going to outsmart anyone. And play them? Lol.

The only things that she is good at are destruction and hatching dragons. She does not know how to play the game and is no more fit to rule than Cersei. She made a mess of the dragons too, since she didn't pay them enough attention and they began to grow wild. She should have been spending her time raising them. She is more Khaleesi than Queen. She should just stay in the Dothraki sea and raid. Leave everyone else alone.

The only things that she is good at are destruction and hatching dragons. She does not know how to play the game and is no more fit to rule than Cersei. She made a mess of the dragons too, since she didn't pay them enough attention and they began to grow wild. She should have been spending her time raising them. She is more Khaleesi than Queen. She should just stay in the Dothraki sea and raid. Leave everyone else alone.

I hate to agree, but Dany has made some bad decisions, The worst is definitely not spending more time with her dragons and letting them get so wild. I think she should stay and be khaleesi too.

The only thing that is going to drag her to Westeros is when the stupid Ironborn steal one of her dragons. She will have to follow it back to the Iron Islands to get it back :(

I agree with your points. Dany is not the sharpest tool in the shed and will not outplay anyone at the "Game of Thrones". Add into the fact she stayed in Mereen, married that crusty Hizawhatshisname, has been outwitted by the Harpies, and moons over Daario shows she is not ready for primetime in Westeros. She even admits it herself, she is just a young girl.

Dany is good at hatching dragons, she is nice eye-candy and has charisma, she can be inspirational, but she is not going to be a skilled player at the "Game of Thrones". Sansa Stark has much more potential to be a far better player.

It is very easy to see why Varys and Illryo sent Tyrion to retrieve Dany. Tyrion is going to do the heavy thinking.

Dany having a miscarriage is different than her contracting a disease or virus. I think she literally has 'the blood of the dragon' her and her alone, she is one-of-a-kind even in her own Targaryen family. She is immune to dragon fire and immune to sickness.

That being said it does not mean that she cannot be harmed at all. She can be stabbed and she can get food-poisoning, she can have a miscarriage, she can be burned by hot metal.

She is very tough though, and she has more powers than anyone else in her family has had in a very long time.

Where are you getting the immune to diseases from? Anywhere other than what she says to herself. As for being immune to Dragon fire, one of the first thing she does in her final chapter in ADWD is describe her burns. She doesn't call them burns because she is beginning to believe her own hype. The dragon birth was a one off event due to magic (poss enhanced by the comet?). GRRM has said so himself. That entire final chapter she is very weak and seems to be sick from something. Her description of her stools seem to match the pale mare and I think it's a bit niave of her to assume its the water.

Where are you getting the immune to diseases from? Anywhere other than what she says to herself. As for being immune to Dragon fire, one of the first thing she does in her final chapter in ADWD is describe her burns. She doesn't call them burns because she is beginning to believe her own hype. The dragon birth was a one off event due to magic (poss enhanced by the comet?). GRRM has said so himself. That entire final chapter she is very weak and seems to be sick from something. Her description of her stools seem to match the pale mare and I think it's a bit niave of her to assume its the water.

she burned her hands on the hot metal, not with fire. can everyone read through this entire discussion before they make statements about Dany's fireproof theories. We have hashed and rehashed a lot already about the fireproof stuff.

As far as the immune to diseases goes, there is no proof except that she thinks she is immune in her POV's. I get what yall are saying about Dany doesn't know what she is talking about, but she is our heroine, and some of the stuff she thinks must be right, otherwise GRRM wouldn't put it in. Why would he just give us a bunch of incorrect info coming from our fav character?

The sickness she has in her last chapter could be anything. I'm not saying she can't get sick, I'm saying she can't catch a virus. So she could very easily have been having a miscarriage or the runs from eating poison berries or just sickness from exposure and mal-nourishment. I seriously doubt she has the pale mare, why would she only get it right then? It doesn't make sense, we have to use what GRRM gives us to work with, and from how she describes everything it sounds very much like sickness from eating some shit that's bad for you.

Dany isn't an eagle-scout, she doesn't know what kind of berries are ok to eat. That's all it is.

She is a person out of legend who has immunnities and powers, otherwise why is she so cool? We have to have a reason to think she's cool. She got through THOTU on her own. People in these books have magic and powers of all sorts, there's no reason she can't have them too.

You see I'm not sure she's the heroine, I think she might be a bit of an Anakin Skywalker figure (but much better written). She thinks she's immune to things, has these dreaded dragons, she is obsessed with treasons (remind you of anyone), she orders the tortures of a mans daughters infront of him at the beggining of ADWD to get him to talk about the harpy. Towards the end of the book she is becoming bored of holding court. She has some brutal soldiers, imagine unsullied, brazen beasts with their animal helmets, and poss dothraki invading Westeros. She's not going to look like a hero I think and if Jon's AA what does that make Dany?

Don't get me wrong I like Dany, she can come out of this anywhere between learning lessons on ruling or as Aerys mark II. I have no idea what's going to happen and for me that makes her storyline so good to read. Other books you generally know where a character is heading.

You see I'm not sure she's the heroine, I think she might be a bit of an Anakin Skywalker figure (but much better written). She thinks she's immune to things, has these dreaded dragons, she is obsessed with treasons (remind you of anyone), she orders the tortures of a mans daughters infront of him at the beggining of ADWD to get him to talk about the harpy. Towards the end of the book she is becoming bored of holding court. She has some brutal soldiers, imagine unsullied, brazen beasts with their animal helmets, and poss dothraki invading Westeros. She's not going to look like a hero I think and if Jon's AA what does that make Dany?

Don't get me wrong I like Dany, she can come out of this anywhere between learning lessons on ruling or as Aerys mark II. I have no idea what's going to happen and for me that makes her storyline so good to read. Other books you generally know where a character is heading.

All good points. idk what will happen either. the only way she will come out a hero is if she goes to westeros with her fire-dragons after the white-walkers have already moved south and Westeros needs a crazy foreign army to save them, because they can't save themselves.

I agree that Jon is AAR.

You are so right, she is so interesting because we have absolutely no idea where she is headed. I have been thinking, how in the world will he finish all this up in just 2 books?

some of the other story lines are easier to figure out. But with her and Jon there is no other stories in history they are following. It is nothing like the Lord of the Rings and it is not predictable at all.

I have to say that I still do believe Dany has all the previous mentioned powers, but you are right she needs to figure herself out and try to do the right thing and not be like Aerys.

:cool4:

Victarion turns the tide on the Yunkai & blows the horn...... Viseryon and Rhaegal decimate Barristan & his army. Daenerys arrives & has to kill them with Drogon, Victarion then faces trial by fire. Tyrion becomes hand & Jorah tells Daenerys about Rhaegars son...... a boy named Jon Snow. Wishful thinking.

Archived