War

Westeros

Nice—HBO has released a new tease for season 3…. which is all about war, naturally. It gives us our very first good look at Noah Taylor as Locke (a new character introduced to take over some of the function of Vargo Hoat). Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering if he has six fingers?

Visit the Site!

The way Stephen Dillane delivered his line in the promo is chilling. Is it just me, or does Stannis look considerably older here compared to last season? No one is immune to the passing of time, of course, but the character appears to be a few years older although the actor has only aged one year since he filmed Season 2. It wasn’t mentioned on the show, but perhaps we’re finally seeing the premature aging that book!Stannis endures after the creation of the shadow monster?

The way Stephen Dillane delivered his line in the promo is chilling. Is it just me, or does Stannis look considerably older here compared to last season? No one is immune to the passing of time, of course, but the character appears to be a few years older although the actor has only aged one year since he filmed Season 2. It wasn’t mentioned on the show, but perhaps we’re finally seeing the premature aging that book!Stannis endures after the creation of the shadow monster?

I see you post on WiC as well... saw a post that read the exact same thing :)

But yeah I think all of the stress on Stannis is starting to take its toll on him (or the actor is just starting to grey).

IMO Stannis is noticeably 'older' and more worn after Blackwater. IIRC he just sits in his keep in Dragonstone for the majority of ASOS....brooding......but that leads to some badass shit.....which we will see in season 4.

The opening shot of the Unsullied looks fantastic. Makes you wonder whether it's CGI or whether the producers were actually able to get that many extras. Oh, and Stannis' line was pure venom. Excellent line delivery from Dillane there. From the looks of it, we will get to see some of the fighting in Yunkai, which I'm excited to see. They should get Neil Marshall to direct all the battle scenes from now on.

The opening shot of the Unsullied looks fantastic. Makes you wonder whether it's CGI or whether the producers were actually able to get that many extras. Oh, and Stannis' line was pure venom. Excellent line delivery from Dillane there. From the looks of it, we will get to see some of the fighting in Yunkai, which I'm excited to see. They should get Neil Marshall to direct all the battle scenes from now on.

Nah, it's CGI. There are at least four thousand soldiers there. It's just impossible to get that many extras.

Loving the look of that Unsullied army! And could that be a glimpse of the RW we're seeing at 0:22?

I think it is. If you look carefully there's a blue and red thing on a pole that looks like a Tully banner, thou it's hard to tell because of the dark.

Who the fuck is flying through the air at 0.22?

Could be the Hound, taking Arya away.

Archived