War

Westeros

If 0:21 is robb arriving at the twins, you can just make out catelyn, edmure and... Talisa in the background. So will she be at the RW too?

We already knew she was there, based on a tweet by Oona herself (I think).

Great new footage, but really, "the war has just begun"?. I swear we are well into the War of Five Kings. Although, I suppose it could refere to beyond the wall and Essos.

I think so, and they're probably aiming at Robb's confrontation with the Greyjoys (and maybe the Lannisters). Because the war only just begon, looking at the how the pieces are placed acorss the map right now.

The way Stephen Dillane delivered his line in the promo is chilling. Is it just me, or does Stannis look considerably older here compared to last season? No one is immune to the passing of time, of course, but the character appears to be a few years older although the actor has only aged one year since he filmed Season 2. It wasn’t mentioned on the show, but perhaps we’re finally seeing the premature aging that book!Stannis endures after the creation of the shadow monster?

That is exactly right. In the books

Davos notices that he looks extremely aged after Blackwater, and Melisandre explains that his lifeforce is drained from creating multiple shadow babies

The opening shot of the Unsullied looks fantastic. Makes you wonder whether it's CGI or whether the producers were actually able to get that many extras. From the looks of it, we will get to see some of the fighting in Yunkai, which I'm excited to see. They should get Neil Marshall to direct all the battle scenes from now on.

The opening scenes looks like Northern Ireland, I had the impression that all of the Slaver's Bay action took place in a climate like North Africa, at least my impression from GRRM's books. Ignoring NI, this then would be more like the Balkans.

They used Morocco for Astapor , boy the climate changed a lot on the way to Yunkai,which I took to have the same topography as Astapor. Dany is wearing clothes I never expected.

All those shots of the Unsulled in Morocco , expected the action to stay there!

Well I am not a purest so this looked surprisingly good to me.

As usual the VFX people have gotten just excellent at 'people multiplying' (if only Kubrick had of lived long enough he could have done his Napoleon without it costing a billion dollars!)

Anyway, like the laconic way Emilia delivers that line, sort of like Dany's cold: "He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill the dragon."

O! Looks like I may have got taken in by a cross-cut! That looks like the Stark army , and Dany is still in the desert. Damn quick cuts!

Yay a new trailer! :)

I like the look of replacement Vargo and Stannis' speach sounded great.

I guess 0:21 is Robb arriving at the Twins, since Cat, Talissa and Edmure are visible behind him and the persons back we see would fit Walder Frey.

I'm pretty sure it's Robb approaching Karstark, judging by his overall demeanor and the nature of the other shots of Robb in the trailer...

Would have liked the third name!

I tried imagining Stannis saying the third name there, but it didn't sound right, kinda ruined the pacing of it. Could be that they cut that part out of the trailer, or that scene has nothing to do with the leeches (yet).

Archived