Who's your favourite "villain"

King of Winters

Well, villain is a strong word, but I like Tywin, especially Charles Dances performance, Jaime, Varys... I have ambivalent feelings towards LF, Cersei and Theon

He's orchestrated mass murder how the hell is villain a strong word?

1. Roose Bolton. Evil genius sociopath truly does not give a shit.

2. Qyburn. Creepy as all hell.

3.Ramsay Bolton. Chaotic Evil always appreciated.

Funnily enough, Gregor Clegane doesn't ever get onto my radar much even though I consider him the worst for murdering a baby, With him and Joffrey I was just like:

'dis nigga needs to die.'

Jamie isn't a villian, hes an anti-hero. Duh. Anyone with a very minimal understanding of film would realize that Jamie is not a villian. Cersei, yes.

He might not be team stark, but that is coming, certain sure.

This. He's the Watchmen kind of anti-hero, in that he's tried to do good things, that didn't work out, so he said, fuck it. Doesn't mean any of it is okay, but I wouldn't call him a villain.

Cersei has always been out for herself.

Dany being unpopular doesn't make her a villain.

No but deciding to randomly invade and devastate and entire region while simultaneously disrupting the economy of the entire world and torturing people to death in horrible ways without any regard for their guilt or innocence probably does.

Sure she says that the war was all about ending slavery, but lets not forget that what it was really started for was to steal a bunch of slaves that she couldn't afford to buy legitimately.

No but deciding to randomly invade and devastate and entire region while simultaneously disrupting the economy of the entire world and torturing people to death in horrible ways without any regard for their guilt or innocence probably does.

Sure she says that the war was all about ending slavery, but lets not forget that what it was really started for was to steal a bunch of slaves that she couldn't afford to buy legitimately.

It's nice how you conveniently ignore the fact that she had 2 ship of goods to trade and the fact that she had no prior knowledge to how these slaves were being trained. Whatever enhances your point though right?

It's nice how you conveniently ignore the fact that she had 2 ship of goods to trade and the fact that she had no prior knowledge to how these slaves were being trained. Whatever enhances your point though right?

hahaha come on, I was being sarcastic, (although the point about trying to steal the slaves she couldn't afford still stands).

I feel like this thread pops up once a week, and I continue to be amazed that it's even a thread at all lol. Things on here can often be debated, but no question Roose Bolton is my favorite and objectively the best villain there is in ASOIAF :cool4: . He manages to be creepy and unsettling, witty and funny, cold and calculating, and of course a total badass all at the same time. The way he casually and nonchalantly he discusses raping Ramsay's mom beneath her hanging husband, the way he floors Ramsay the psychopath with that devastating "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother!", the way he blithely manages to murder Robb with a sendoff line from Jaime...He has got it all as a villain.

Honorable mention for Joffrey (the most punchable character ever) and Tywin. Personally, I also enjoy Euron and his malevolent sorcerer pirate thing he has going on as well.

Roose Bolton if your gonna be a villian commit 100%. Some villians are like let me justify this in my mind. not this man, impusive, quick tempered, sadistic, would kill his own mother if she got in his way with out a second thought. Guys so sick we don't even get a pov into his sick twisted mind. His POV would be awesome.

Its sometimes a bit tricky to judge who is a villain, a questions of different perspectives, but my list is as follows;

Roose- The best "villain" out there and arguably one of the best non-pov characters. The way he acts, talks, looks, all contribute to making him no.1

Tywin- Another worthy villain, that I for some reason find more loathing then Roose. I do not know why, perhaps its the fact that Roose is so clerarly portrayed as a villain while Tywin tries to hide it or lessen the impact somehow. He is arguably the more realistic character of the two, the kind of man who hides his evil under screens such as "family" or "honor" etc.

Victarion- Well he is certainly a villain if you find yourself on the bad end of his axe, he is a reaving pirate and doesnt try to hide that fact.

Definitely Roose. Cold, calculating, ambitious and opportunistic. I've liked him ever since his introduction, when his whisper quieted the Greatjon. He's so intimidating, everyone shuts up to listen to him, no one dares say a word against him... the perfect badass .:P

Definitely Roose. Cold, calculating, ambitious and opportunistic. I've liked him ever since his introduction, when his whisper quieted the Greatjon. He's so intimidating, everyone shuts up to listen to him, no one dares say a word against him... the perfect badass . :P

Yeah, the fact that he is so quiet and soft spoken but can still dominate a room forcing everyone to listen is really impressive. No matter if its at Harrenhal with Freys or during war councel with Robb, Roose Bolton is not a man to be ignored!

Archived