Bran has grown so fast!

Bran Swift

The actor who plays Bran, Isaac-Hempstead-Wright, has really changed since the last season. Just take a look at this interview:

I don't know if they finished filming his parts for season 2 a long time ago, but the guy's been hit hard by puberty! His voice is deeper and his nose is so, well... big, that it makes him look a lot different.

I hope he doesn't speak with the exact same voice in the show. It feels like it would be too much of a change from his voice at the end of last season.

Plus I really won't know what to do, because I always read his chapters in the books with that voice in my head :P

It is funny to think that by they time the shoot season 4, Issac will be 14 (though I believe Bran is still supposed to be younger than that). The age Robb and Jon are supposed to be in the beginning of the books. Now imagine Issac, looking and acting as he does now, playing a book version Season 1 Robb or Jon!

I am glad they aged up the characters because it make all the storilines a bit more realistic and having a post-pubescent Bran could make the realization of what he has lost by being paralyzed that much more poignant.

I'm glad the kids are growing up. In terms of Bran, it'll be good, but jarring to see the change in between Season 3 and 4. All of a sudden, he'll look a lot older despite not much time passing in the show. Arya running around Bravos as a young adult makes for a better storyline as well.

The thing is, they can time stretch the show, say they spent months instesd of weeks walking to the wall. It's only in kings landing where time makes any difference. Between the second and third season, 3 months or more could hve passed, allowing tyrion time to heal etc another 3-6 for the season itself, throw in a birthday late in the season for bran and say he's 12 and it will work.

Girls usually develop earlier, and Isaac seemed to reflect that... until suddenly he has this deep voice and a JAWLINE.

Hope he doesn't grow too fast - he's still innocent at this point in the story!

They can change it a little bit. Don't forget that there is a change that season 4 will be the last time we see him till the seasons of DoD.

It is going to look seriously odd when his aDwD arc comes round and we are seeing a 15/16 year old teenager sitting on some poor bloke's shoulders, particularly if his growth spurts up - I feel sorry for the actor that plays Hodor -I wonder if they'll try and work round it?

It is going to look seriously odd when his aDwD arc comes round and we are seeing a 15/16 year old teenager sitting on some poor bloke's shoulders - I wonder if they'll try and work round it?

Wheel barrow? Or maybe they'll have him riding on Summer. Direwolves get pretty big.

It is going to look seriously odd when his aDwD arc comes round and we are seeing a 15/16 year old teenager sitting on some poor bloke's shoulders, particularly if his growth spurts up - I feel sorry for the actor that plays Hodor -I wonder if they'll try and work round it?

I read somewhere in a interview that next season they will finish the DwD part for him :)

HBO is probably thinking "Crap. We were so focused on the budget for this show that we didn't consider these kids may actually grow up."

They'll make it work I'm sure. Daenerys was supposed to be 14 and the actress is in her mid 20s. And think of films like Harry Potter. Besides, Bran will always be sitting so it won't be as obvious.

Can anyone post where they saw this stuff about Bran's storyline being in season 4?

I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think it actually helps the show because as the story progresses the stuff the kids deal with gets more and more dark. it also makes sense so long as they stress that traveling takes months. It's tough for modern audiences to understand that initially without it being stated, but so long as it's noted somehow that time is passing quickly in the show as a lot of time is spent traveling around Westeros for the characters, I think they'll be fine.

Just have Stannis or someone remark, "It's been three years since Robert's death", or Jon saying "Three years ago I came to the Wall". Not saying it needs to be year three years, just an example.

Archived