[Book Spoiler] well gosh, that's a curious song to play at a wedding... huh? what?

I tried to make a topic about this, but I guess it was rejected as it never showed up.

Anyway, this is how I'd have that episode end...

When the Music starts and Catelyn notices the Freys wearing armor, they then rush in and fighting commences. i really want Robb to go out strong like Boromir, so Robb slays two Frey's before taking a quarrel in the chest. He then continues fighting until another takes him in the leg. He falls to one knee and several Frey men at arms grab him. Catelyn then grabs one of Walder's kin and puts a knife to his throat, all the while pleading for Robbs life. After a snarky remark from the old bastard, Roose Bolton (for better affect) walks up to Robb and says "Jaime Lannister sends his regards". Robb then looks hurt and confused as Roose stabs him through the heart. Catelyn then screams and starts sawing at her captured Frey's throat. The screen then changes to a Catelyn POV shot where the camera is a little hazy and the voices a little distorted. We hear Catelyn muttering and one of the Freys saying that she's gone mad. We then hear Walder say to make an end of it and we see a knife drawn, move toward the camera, and then as you hear the slicing sound, the screen goes black and the credits roll in complete silence. Can you imagine the non-book reading audience after such a scene?

I think they should wait until the last episode to show Arya and the hound. Robb's death really does need to be the last thing we're left with in this episode.

Or they can cut back and forth. So the music is playing and all that stuff is happening inside, while we see what's going on outside and Arya struggling against the hound. So Catelyn grabs whoever's throat she cuts and everyone stops, except for Robb struggling feebly to get up and walk. Catelyn says her "son for a son" thing while the drums keep going. Cut outside to Arya (where we can still hear the drums) struggling against the hound and wriggling away while everyone is fighting. Cut back to Walder's response and "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." Robb is stabbed, Catelyn cuts the person's throat, and we go back to Arya getting hit. Then go BACK to inside where someone is wrestling the knife away from Catelyn and she's crying and blubbering and grabbed by the hair by someone. She's sobbing and saying "not my hair, he loves my hair" and the infamous command is given. Her throat is cut and the screen goes black and we can just hear the drums. Then they play "Winterfell" from the soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0X_wP0vMc). Cue mass hysteria.

I'm a bit conflicted. One one hand, I'd like to see the episode ends with Catelyn getting her throat slit, which would be extremely brutal and haunting for the audience. On the other hand, I kinda want the last shot to be Arya getting the axe because I can just imagine the non-readers losing their shit, thinking that they just killed 3 Starks in one episode. :devil:

I'm a bit conflicted. One one hand, I'd like to see the episode ends with Catelyn getting her throat slit, which would be extremely brutal and haunting for the audience. On the other hand, I kinda want the last shot to be Arya getting the axe because I can just imagine the non-readers losing their shit, thinking that they just killed 3 Starks in one episode. :devil:

Yeah, that's why I don't want them to leave Arya for episode 10. Robb, Catelyn, and Arya were basically the only hope left for the Starks. Bran can't walk, Rickon is pretty much a baby/hasn't been involved in the story, and Sansa has just been wed to Tyrion. I want them to feel completely hopeless

And because there is no end to my cruelty, I want them to play Winterfell because it sounds like what played at the end of the episode where Ned died/lost his head, and when Robb claimed that he would kill them all. Yeah...that didn't work out too well.

-the song when ned dies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJC7D8t1ts -Robb swears vengence

It's basically the Stark melody.

Or they can cut back and forth. So the music is playing and all that stuff is happening inside, while we see what's going on outside and Arya struggling against the hound. So Catelyn grabs whoever's throat she cuts and everyone stops, except for Robb struggling feebly to get up and walk. Catelyn says her "son for a son" thing while the drums keep going. Cut outside to Arya (where we can still hear the drums) struggling against the hound and wriggling away while everyone is fighting. Cut back to Walder's response and "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." Robb is stabbed, Catelyn cuts the person's throat, and we go back to Arya getting hit. Then go BACK to inside where someone is wrestling the knife away from Catelyn and she's crying and blubbering and grabbed by the hair by someone. She's sobbing and saying "not my hair, he loves my hair" and the infamous command is given. Her throat is cut and the screen goes black and we can just hear the drums. Then they play "Winterfell" from the soundtrack (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0U0X_wP0vMc). Cue mass hysteria.

They could always make the last thing we see of Arya in the last episode be her getting potentially killed with with the Hound's ax blow. That way, people would have to wait until next season to know her fate.

For this episode, they should have the Hound and Arya see the Twins on the horizon, so that the viewers think she's almost back with her family, and then cut inside and begin the scene I described earlier without cutting away again. It should make for a powerful scene and I think cutting away would diminish it. Plus, the audience would still feel horrible for Arya because she's right outside the gates while her mother and brother are being murdered. So close to getting her family back.

If they do include both for this episode, I really hope they make Robb and Catelyn's death the last thing we see regardless. Maybe by showing the fighting start from within and before Robb takes any quarrels, have it cut out to Arya and the hound. They see the fighting break out outside and the Hound says that they have to leave (to Arya's protests). They are attacked and while the Hound is fighting, Arya starts to sprint toward the keep screaming about how her family is inside. Then have a rider (I wouldn't even indicate that it's the Hound) bashes her in the head from behind. It then cuts back inside while Robb is still fighting the Freys and the final scene commences.

Since there is a true lack of recognizable northern bannermen, does anyone think maybe The Blackfish might be at the RW to perhaps take over the role of the Greatjon? He could maybe fight his way out and go back to Riverrun so that the siege of Riverrun and the great dialogue in book 4 could still happen in a later season.

I just hope they dont make the entire season about Robb dying, but really show the fact that almost the entire northern nobility dies with him.

As for the fighting outside: I hope they actually show the Hound saving Arya, and not just Arya getting knocked out without even seeing the Hound

Remember the first scene of Season 1 Episode 10: the bloody sword that had just decapitated Ned at the end of the previous week. Ending an episode with a death, and then opening next week's with the grisly aftermath (mismatched heads in this case?), worked well for them once already - although of course that could just mean they'd want to avoid repeating themselves.

Actually there are even more echoes: that episode begins with Loren (is that right?) dragging an hysterical Arya away. Wow that girl has it rough.

As for the fighting outside: I hope they actually show the Hound saving Arya, and not just Arya getting knocked out without even seeing the Hound

In the book, her chapter ends with you not knowing if she's alive or dead. You don't find out that the hound saved her until later. I'm sure the writers on the show will want to play off of that as well.

Also, I really don't want to see Grey Winds head on Robbs body. I'd rather them just do like they did in the book and have the Lannisters mention it. Maybe have Joffrey say it while acting all giddy.

In the book, her chapter ends with you not knowing if she's alive or dead. You don't find out that the hound saved her until later. I'm sure the writers on the show will want to play off of that as well.

Also, I really don't want to see Grey Winds head on Robbs body. I'd rather them just do like they did in the book and have the Lannisters mention it. Maybe have Joffrey say it while acting all giddy.

I think they'd probably open with the first shot of episode 10 being the GreyWindRobb...but they added in ROBB'S head on GREY WIND'S body too. With GreyWindRobb petting wolfRobb. ha nah that's a little cheesy I suppose

I think they'd probably open with the first shot of episode 10 being the GreyWindRobb...but they added in ROBB'S head on GREY WIND'S body too. With GreyWindRobb petting wolfRobb. ha nah that's a little cheesy I suppose

To me, showing any combo of this would simply be in poor taste. Having it mentioned in Kings Landing by the Lannisters (preferably Joffrey) would suffice.

Pretty sure we are going to get that scene in Ep 9 or 10. They talked about filming a scene with a stand in Ox head/body awhile back

To me, showing any combo of this would simply be in poor taste. Having it mentioned in Kings Landing by the Lannisters (preferably Joffrey) would suffice.

I think they'll probably show it because it's such an iconic image in the books, but I agree that it has the potential to be even worse if we don't actually see it. Joffrey's glee combined with whatever your imagination coming up being being worse than what's actually shown would make it horrible enough.

I go back and forth about seeing Robb/Grey Wind. We know that they don't shy away from grisly images, and I do think it would be awesomely horrible.....I kind of picture it as the opening shot of Ep 10 with a voiceover from the Lannisters discussing it. Non book-readers won't be expecting it....what a way to start the finale.

Since there is a true lack of recognizable northern bannermen, does anyone think maybe The Blackfish might be at the RW to perhaps take over the role of the Greatjon? He could maybe fight his way out and go back to Riverrun so that the siege of Riverrun and the great dialogue in book 4 could still happen in a later season.

I just hope they dont make the entire season about Robb dying, but really show the fact that almost the entire northern nobility dies with him.

Oh gods, a THousand times this.

I must say I have been so far bitterly dissapointed at the lack of important bannermen with robb. In the books it was quite clear that Robb wasn't doing this rebellion all by himself and but he had an incredible amount of support from the houses in the North and their respective commanders who were giving him wise counsel and dying for his cause left right and centre.

One of the things that made the RW so harrowing was seeing all of Robbs important bannermen cut down in such a fell swoop, Dacey Mormont in particular getting a particularly grissly end. This helped to amplify the horror and hopelessness of the RW to be above a simple ambush event.

Also is Talisa going to be at the wedding, I heard that someone saw a set photo of her at 'some wedding'. If they mean to kill her and the Blackfish ( :frown5: ) instead of Greatjon and Mormont that that might serve but all of these tiny changes they keep making are like little butterflies flapping their wings. Later on they may have some serious problems pulling new characters out of their arseholes to take the place of the original characters, or cutting entire subplots out based only on the fact that they killed a character to early. Looking at you Tickler.

They won't devote the entire episode. I can see it being a Stark-heavy episode, though.

But what I really want is for the showrunners to make it really look like Arya died too, just to fuck with the non-readers even more.

When I read that part I totally thought he killed Arya and I was about to stop reading. She's easily my favorite character.

Archived