What God(s) would you worship?

King of Winters

R'hllor. The night is dark and full of terrors, winter is coming, so why not worship the one who will save you from the icy cold touch of the Others by the hand of his champion, Azor Ahai?

Unless you have king's blood..

On a less serious note, I would like to pray with an organ other than my mouth....

Has anybody else said The Drowned God? I hate the Ironborn (except Cotter Pyke), but in the area where I live (The coast of The north of Scotland), I can envision The drowned god existing in the waters around my area, I can feel the power of the sea.

Has anybody else said The Drowned God? I hate the Ironborn (except Cotter Pyke), but in the area where I live (The coast of The north of Scotland), I can envision The drowned god existing in the waters around my area, I can feel the power of the sea.

North East or West?

I'm worshipping whatever gods give me the most powers. It's all about the powers. Ideally, I'd like to be able to send people to hell by pointing at the ground under their feet and having it open up in a fiery rift that they fall into and then the rift closes back up like nothing ever happened. But I like nature powers like controlling a flock of ravens too, maybe even shapechanging into that flock myself. So if there's any gods who want to ante up these kinds of abilities, let me know and I'll be there in the vanguard for that god(s). That's the most memorable thing about Skyrim is when that side mission for a dark deity popped up and you had to lure some poor fool into the house where his angry god was waiting to take vengeance on the guy who'd disappointed the god, and as compensation you received this enchanted soul stealing blade. Good times. I mean, it was wrong.

I liked the Old Gods but now they seem to be no more than some "BigBrother cameras system", far for being real Gods,

The 7 are so fake

The Drowned God might be real or fake i dont know

R'hllor is the only real god we know (or the closest), true powers: Ressurection, Glamour, Future Predictions, real time bigbrother cameras not limited to FacedTrees.

Thorros says himself he is a bad priest but he can revive ppl without really trying to

Mel is a stupid cunt pyroman, i dont think the "burning ppl shit" is really what R'hllor want

Moquoro is a stronger priest but we didnt really see all his powers yet.

My choice, R'hllor without stupid Mel

I'm an atheist, and I don't think it would be upto me to decide which religion I wanted (if I were born in the North, I'd be raised as a believer of the Old Gods, if I was a Southerner, I'd be raised as a believer of the Seven).

But like Stannis, if I had a choice to change my religion, I'd go for atheist and like Syrio - there is only one god, Death.

But the religions I like the most are the Old Gods, because of the First Men, druidic practice of worshipping nature and acknowledging ancient forces seems cool, unlike having to drown yourself, commit arson or have rules and songs for gods.

Where are you at?

North East also (arguably), Dundee - you?

Then as the Warden of the North it's your duty to look after your fellow ASOIAF fan.

(Yeah you thought I'd forgotten about those titles, didn't ya)

Haha, no, no, of course not!

I'm an atheist, and I don't think it would be upto me to decide which religion I wanted (if I were born in the North, I'd be raised as a believer of the Old Gods, if I was a Southerner, I'd be raised as a believer of the Seven).

But like Stannis, if I had a choice to change my religion, I'd go for atheist and like Syrio - there is only one god, Death.

But the religions I like the most are the Old Gods, because of the First Men, druidic practice of worshipping nature and acknowledging ancient forces seems cool, unlike having to drown yourself, commit arson or have rules and songs for gods.

I don't really mind people saying they want to be an atheist.

The Mother Royne and the Old Man of the River cause turtles and rivers don't seem to require sacrificing people to fire or submitting to a fanatical central religious hierarchy. Old Gods are pretty neat but I question whether they are actually "gods" in the same sense as the other faiths. Where the others still require some sort of belief in supernatural entities, like the drowned god or the 7 or r'hilor, and rhoynish beliefs seem to be about personification or essences of natural objects, my understanding of the "old gods" is that they are just the spirits of the children of the forest inhabiting weirwoods, which at the very least are a different class of entities.

But I also see a lot of Christianity in the Faith of Seven.

How so?

grrm has explained that the seven is based on Christianity but he wanted to make it bigger. so instead of the trinity he created 7 that make one. and yes, it's structure starting with the high septon on down totally mirrors catholicism and the pope. there's a detailed youtube where discusses many of the religions of asoiaf.

r'hollor was based on zoroastrianism if i'm not mistaken which leads me to believe that r'hollor, the drowned god and the great other are connected. in zoroastrianism, the uncreated creator can be seen as into two opposing forces: (illuminating wisdom) and (destructive spirit) which were in conflict. (could this be the lord of light and the great other?)

and that the illuminating wisdom is further divided into water and fire. they are agents of ritual purity. both water and fire are considered life-sustaining. fire is considered a medium through which spiritual insight and wisdom is gained, and water is considered the source of that wisdom. (implications for patchface's rhymes!)

there's also a chaos and falsehood vs truth and order but i don't think we know enough about any of these gods to determine who might be what. however this does make me wonder about hints that the great other might be "good".

ok, so that was totally a geek post. sorry. :blushing:

there is only one god his name is death

i would agree with this if i were in westeros.

The Many-faced God- the different gods are one! Shouldn't Death then have all the powers of the other gods? Seems like the safest way to travel. Not to mention our priests are kickbutt assassins that may or may not have brought about the Doom.

Archived