What God(s) would you worship?

King of Winters

I said I'm not talking about the one true god(s) I want to know people's opinions on what god(s) they'd worship.

Anyway I was wondering when you'd make a comment.

The problem is, my friend, it doesnt work that way. Relligion is most oftenly passed from one generation to another. It`s about tradition, not faith. Then when we grow up, we discover how crappy life is, and we start searching for another relligion or God, and if we are lucky we find it. I was raised as half-Catholic half-Orthodox until my 12. birthday when I demanded to be baptised in Orthodox church. So, I had that luck many don`t. But, all in all, relligion is trouble, especially when people start comparing them.

The problem is, my friend, it doesnt work that way. Relligion is most oftenly passed from one generation to another. It`s about tradition, not faith. Then when we grow up, we discover how crappy life is, and we start searching for another relligion or God, and if we are lucky we find it. I was raised as half-Catholic half-Orthodox until my 12. birthday when I demanded to be baptised in Orthodox church. So, I had that luck many don`t. But, all in all, relligion is trouble, especially when people start comparing them.

I'm a bought up Catholic. I've been Baptised and confirmed. I don't want to cause trouble, you know that.

All I'm asking is if you lived in Westeros or Essos or anywhere else in the Known World what religion would you pick.

Let's face it the trees can't move and the Drowned God is underwater..... Unless R'hlor is the god of Spongebob Squarepants underwater fires I think we have a victor

I don't think there is such a thing as a victor when it comes to religion :D

I like the Old Gods but that's based on just picking a religion, if I were to be an active member of the religion I'd go with R'hllor all the way. I'd love to be a northenman but being a red priest would make me the most bad ass of all the priest's, the Warriors sons would have nothing on me!

I like the Old Gods but that's based on just picking a religion, if I were to be an active member of the religion I'd go with R'hllor all the way. I'd love to be a northenman but being a red priest would make me the most bad ass of all the priest's, the Warriors sons would have nothing on me!

AH NO! I totaly forgot the many faced god, man now I'm torn!

I'm a bought up Catholic. I've been Baptised and confirmed. I don't want to cause trouble, you know that.

All I'm asking is if you lived in Westeros or Essos or anywhere else in the Known World what religion would you pick.

The thing is we usually don`t pick our relligion. But, for the sake of argument, as an Orthodox, I would choose Old Gods. Quiet prayer is all we need. But I also see a lot of Christianity in the Faith of Seven.

How so?

First, let we start with all the saints of Christian world. Just as seven represent various aspects of One God, Saints represent martyrs who are protectors of variety of things. Further more, all those masses in Christianity is like services of the Faith. Choosing HighSepton is like choosing a Pope or Patriarchs of Orthodox world. Than you have the highest figures - Mother and Father who represent in Christianity God and Virgin Mary.

First, let we start with all the saints of Christian world. Just as seven represent various aspects of One God, Saints represent martyrs who are protectors of variety of things. Further more, all those masses in Christianity is like services of the Faith. Choosing HighSepton is like choosing a Pope or Patriarchs of Orthodox world. Than you have the highest figures - Mother and Father who represent in Christianity God and Virgin Mary.

Yeah, you've a point.

How so?

I always saw Catholicism in the Faith of the Seven, more so than Christianity.

For starters, they effectively have a Pope, and they have differing orders, and church positions and hierarchies for both men and women. In addition, they have seven gods which form to make one god, which is the same as Catholicism who have their holy trinity.

No one for the Seven?! You bloodthirsty religious fanatics you! (Just kidding)

The Seven seem nice and reasonable and by and large dont go burning, drowning or Jojen paste-ing people, so I'll sign up there

I also quite like how the Rhoynar worship their river, but not sure Mother Rhoyne quite counts as a god/religion

Which is of corse why they have armed themselves...

Archived