[Book Spoilers] Jojen Reed

Maybe I am putting to much into that scene but somehow it hit me like a hammer on the head when Jojen talked to Bran about the Rebellion ("Your father told you about the Rebellion? I saw it!"). Old man Reed saved Ned? Tower of Joy? Possibility that Joyen knows something about R + L = J?? Very intriguing I think! Or just some throw-away comment by the writers?

I see lots of hints as well.

I felt like the convo between Cat and Robb's wife (always forget her name) about Jon Snow seemed like a hint as well. It was very different than how the books portrayed her relationship with Jon Snow, but I think it offers a hint to his parentage that she prayed/begged for Ned to let Jon Snow be a Stark and be done with it...but he wouldn't. That seems (to me) like a hint that only someone as honorable as Ned would force a bastard name onto Jon knowing that if he allowed him to become a "Stark" it could destroy the future...which is the reason he (Jon) is in Winterfell to begin with. Deep rooted secrets and honor can only be served if Jon Snow lives his young life as a bastard with the name "Snow".

He may know about it! Interesting that his father never told him about it. But we don't know a lot about Howland's personality, do we?

OT I support the Good Ship Branjen (in an alternate world where they are both of age). "I have seen the only thing that matters... You." <3

Is it actually possible this series will move faster than the books and we'll learn things like who Jon's parents are before he is able to publish the book?

I'm thinking yes.

I don't think they could do that. I think it's fair to say that revealing the biggest secret of the entire book series through the tv series would be not well received, or a smart idea....

Even thinking about that, I think personally I'd be devastated. Nothing like the slow burn of reading a real reveal after working through all the books.

Maybe I am putting to much into that scene but somehow it hit me like a hammer on the head when Jojen talked to Bran about the Rebellion ("Your father told you about the Rebellion? I saw it!"). Old man Reed saved Ned? Tower of Joy? Possibility that Joyen knows something about R + L = J?? Very intriguing I think! Or just some throw-away comment by the writers?

Not throwaways at all. A definitive nod to book-readers (many of whom...of us...grumbled about the lack of a Ned ToJ dream) and yes, also a clear, logical means to set up R + L = J. Combine that with Barristan filling Dany in on Rhaegar, and we ToJ'ers might get our happy ending after all.

Uhm, well perhaps I'm mistaken but jojen in the bOoks can't see everything and anything on command, he doesn't have "the sight" like bran. He's a greenseer gets bits and peices in flashes yes?

No, they both have green dreams, which is what I'm guessing they're changing into the "sight." But Bran is a Warg also, therefore, more likely become a greenseer instead of just having green dreams

I jumped out my seat when they mentioned Howland saving Ned, I thought Bran was going to tell the story of fight at the ToJ but he didn't. With this hint maybe Jojen will tell Bram about it at the cave of the COTF.

After they cut Jojen out of Season 2, they're going to have to give him a bit more in this series so viewers can get some sort of connection to him.

Aside: The actor who plays Jojen is fantastic. Hard to believe he's 25, though.

yeah, I'd totally believe this Jojen is about the same age in the books.

Also, I don't mind that its a three eyed raven instead of crow. it makes an easier connection with

Spoiler
Bloodraven. I never got why he was called both Bloodraven, and three eyed crow.

Crow and Raven because:

Bloodraven = raven, of course. But "Three-Eyed Crow" because he was a Black Brother or "Crow" who had magical abilities or had opened his "third eye" - hence, the "Three-Eyed Crow"

ETA: But, I'm not gonna lie, it did trouble me a bit that:

Jojen said to Bran that he couldn't kill the raven because "it's you".

I am completely sold on the actor for Jojen (still not quite feeling Meera though.) His scenes with Bran were some of my favorite in the episode.

I missed the part where he said he saw the Rebellion, even if his father didn't tell him about it? I remember him saying his father didn't tell him about it (which made me think that they wouldn't talk about the ToJ. But obviously if he saw it in his dreams then there is hope!

Also ... I don't remember Jojen saying the raven was Bran in his dream in the book. Did this happen? I found myself thinking "That's kind of a big spoiler, however subtle."

Uhm, well perhaps I'm mistaken but jojen in the bOoks can't see everything and anything on command, he doesn't have "the sight" like bran. He's a greenseer gets bits and peices in flashes yes?

I thought the same, in the book he can't see all that things but here is different, he say that saw the battle of the tower of Joy, i don't know what to think about it, also say that saw how die Ned, in the series has more vision that in the books

The actor playing Jojen is 22. Simple wikipedia search, guys.

I love both Jojen and Meera. Meera has only had a tiny bit of dialogue, but she delivered it very well. It sold me on her. I may like her more than Jojen, we'll have to see.

Archived