[Possible Spoilers] The Show Iron Throne Lacks Its Most Significant Characteristic

L’Age d’or

And that it does not frequently stab and poke those who sit on it, Aegon made it that way so the kings of Westeros were could never get comfortable on it. It is supposed to remind those who rule of their responsibility. The mad king cut himself often and they say that was one of the reasons he got worse mentally, Robert mentioned how he hated sitting on the Iron Throne because of that. Considering how important this characteristic of the Iron Throne that is, I don't see how D&D decided to disregard it?

George has said one of his biggest peeves of the show is the Iron Throne itself. He always imagined it much, much larger, with twisted, winding stairs leading up to it, in the shape of a crude dragon. With a story this epic adapted to TV thats one of the things theyd have to skimp on, both the actual size of the IT and its backstory, nuances, etc.

If you want to see it in all its glory, pick up A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel. George was in direct and phone contact with the illustrator, Tommy Patterson (amazing artist), so the visuals (settings, characters, cities, etc) are more in line with how the book describes them.

In one of the deleted scenes, Littlefinger touches the throne and cuts himself, so it can still cut people in the show.

Please tell me where I can see deleted scenes for this show. There aren't any on the first or second season's Bluray boxset - where deleted scenes are normally found with most shows.

Please tell me where I can see deleted scenes for this show. There aren't any on the first or second season's Bluray boxset - where deleted scenes are normally found with most shows.

There are four of them, all of them from season 2:

There are four of them, all of them from season 2:

Ugh, those were fucking horrible.

The Loras & marg one was decent, saved by the good acting. But Sandor & Sansa was just terrible acting on both parts, plus a surprisingly disappointing Peter Dinklage performance. Varys and LF was just filler, and all around out of character for both of them. AND LOL @ DANY'S HANDMAIDENS.

The fact these scenes were even considered good enough to appear on the internet is depressing. Ugh, second season was so fucking bad. Shame too, because season one and so far in season three, things are looking great.

Ugh, those were fucking horrible.

The Loras & marg one was decent, saved by the good acting. But Sandor & Sansa was just terrible acting on both parts, plus a surprisingly disappointing Peter Dinklage performance. Varys and LF was just filler, and all around out of character for both of them. AND LOL @ DANY'S HANDMAIDENS.

The fact these scenes were even considered good enough to appear on the internet is depressing. Ugh, second season was so fucking bad. Shame too, because season one and so far in season three, things are looking great.

There's a reason why they're deleted scenes.

Most shows, deleted scenes are only deleted because of time reasons or because of an offensive line or something.

Or in the case of Irri and Doreah, offensive acting. Pretty bad scene and I have little but praise for the show.

I did like the Littlefinger and Varys scene though, plus the Margaery and Loras talk, but neither were really needed.

Looks blunted and reasonably safe. After the first dozen times he cut himself you would think Aerys would a get a blacksmith or someone in to blunt down the edges.

The Throne was forged by Dragonfire, I don't think some random blacksmith could blunt down the edged that easily.

Archived