[Book Spoilers] This is Bryan Cogman's episode.

My only problem with this direction is that it looks very science-fiction like, which is, in my opinion, the wrong look for the show. I don't actually care about Selyse as a character and I'm surprised people do. D&D can do whatever they like with her and she'll still be better than she was in the books.

Oh god I can't help but laugh at all the nerd rage in this thread, and knowing PS hs been supporting the show untill now :rofl: :lmao: :lmao:

I really enjoyed this thread. Actually I cannot wait to see the outrage of many other posters in this forum tonight when the episode airs. Even you have to admit that you felt some rage when you just saw the pictures. Oh I love it when the show blows the Horn of Joramun, and wakes giants from the forum.

I really enjoyed this thread. Actually I cannot wait to see the outrage of many other posters in this forum tonight when the episode airs. Even you have to admit that you felt some rage when you just saw the pictures. Oh I love it when the show blows the Horn of Joramun, and wakes giants from the forum.

I love it. The show blowing the Horn of Joramun will be my go to euphemism for major show deviations from now on.

I love it. The show blowing the Horn of Joramun will be my go to euphemism for major show deviations from now on.

Thing is, this isnt even a major deviation. This is fairly minor, altering the story of a character with maybe five lines in the whole series.

Thing is, this isnt even a major deviation. This is fairly minor, altering the story of a character with maybe five lines in the whole series.

I really can't tell what kind of deviation it is, major or minor, good or bad, until I see the ep. I'm withholding judgement until then. But tbh, I'm not worried, knowing Tara is doing Selyse, I just know whatever the character, she will sell it.

For me it's not how major it is that's a problem, it's how unnecessarily gross and tasteless it seems from the pictures. And it's just so out of the left-field. I think we all expected changes, but changes along the lines of, "let's trim some superfluous characters", not "let's put in some pickled baby corpses."

For me it's not how major it is that's a problem, it's how unnecessarily gross and tasteless it seems from the pictures. And it's just so out of the left-field. I think we all expected changes, but changes along the lines of, "let's trim some superfluous characters", not "let's put in some pickled baby corpses."

I dont think it's completely out of left field. I think we can agree GRRM has a sick and twisted imagination, I don't think it's something that would be out of place in the books.

I dont think it's completely out of left field. I think we can agree GRRM has a sick and twisted imagination, I don't think it's something that would be out of place in the books.

George had a woman publicly breastfeeding her 6 year old child, I don't think a woman preserving stillborns would be outside of his universe.

George had a woman publicly breastfeeding her 6 year old child, I don't think a woman preserving stillborns would be outside of his universe.

It's not that, it's just that it's so gross and out of the left field that it seems like it's just for shock value. Breastfeeding a 6 old seems sane and caring in comparison imo. I'll wait until I see the episode to decide properly how I feel, but my gut reaction is that it seems tasteless and unnecessary. And of course I worry when D+D are spending their time on stuff like this rather than the actual story.

Oh come on, this adds something interesting to an already dull character like Jeyne Westering.

Are you honestly comparing breastfeeding to preserving dead babies in jars?

It's not quite the same if its a 6 year old. I agree though, the dead babies in jars is much worse. A better example of George's twisted imagination would be the whole Craster clusterfuck.

Oh come on, this adds something interesting to an already dull character like Jeyne Westering.

If it's going down that road I definitely don't want it. Like Jeyne, Selyse is not a character who needs to be super-interesting, or stand out. Stannis' shrewish, fanatical wife which explains how Mel got a hold on Dragonstone works perfectly well.

Archived