[Book Spoilers] This is Bryan Cogman's episode.

I think you'll enjoy this site:

http://ifcatelynlove...now.tumblr.com/

BWAH!

If Catelyn would have loved Jon Snow, then cousin Oliver would never have ruined the Brady Bunch.

If Catelyn would have loved Jon Snow, then Hemlock Grove would have been as good as House of Cards

Also, the show is the show, the books are the books, separate, but not equal.

He wrote "What is Dead May Never Die" which was probably the second best episode behind "Blackwater" last season. They should just give Vanessa Taylor's episode to him next season imo.

Aww yiss. What is Dead May Never Die ruled. And I second the OP that he should get Vanessa Taylor's episode next season.

Vanessa's episode this season was very, very good imo

I wonder if Selyse is going to have a nude scene?

Hahaha, who knows? Tara Fitzgerald, who plays Selyse, has gotten naked before for roles (although the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Sirens, which was almost 20 years ago).

I'm sure it will be (if Biter is even still in) but let's be honest, it's not going to be as graphic as it was described in the books. For a start Brienne will not be having half her face bitten off for the same reason Tyrion didn't lose his nose. Too many prosthetics.

I don't think they'd even need to show any injury. The very intent would be horrific enough.

I think the book fanatics are lucky. I like the books but if I were making the show, I would have cut things out more than what the show has done. for example, I would have cut Qarth completely, and just have Quaithe showing up at the Red Waste telling her some prophecies and learning that Robert died, and send her to a boat port which will basically be her last Chapter in COK, I would have end season 2 with the sack of Astopor.

Thank the gods. But seeing as you aren't a "crazy" middle-aged woman, you have absolutely no right to have an opinion on whether keeping those still-born children is fucked up or not. Right? That's how it works, isn't it?

lmao

Hahaha, who knows? Tara Fitzgerald, who plays Selyse, has gotten naked before for roles (although the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Sirens, which was almost 20 years ago).

I sure hope so.

Gratuitousness be damned!

I think the book fanatics are lucky. I like the books but if I were making the show, I would have cut things out more than what the show has done. for example, I would have cut Qarth completely, and just have Quaithe showing up at the Red Waste telling her some prophecies and learning that Robert died, and send her to a boat port which will basically be her last Chapter in COK, I would have end season 2 with the sack of Astopor.

Really?? youi would have cut out the scene at the house of the undieing?? I know they cchanged the scene around and left out the Rheagar part, and some of the prophecies, but it was a pretty great scene nonetheless.

Really?? youi would have cut out the scene at the house of the undieing?? I know they cchanged the scene around and left out the Rheagar part, and some of the prophecies, but it was a pretty great scene nonetheless.

I hated it at first, but then when I wasn't too busy complaining about how it was changed I noticed there's some nice symbolism in it and it's shot very well. The climax of the scene though wasn't very good.

I reread that part of aCoK and there's just no way you can accurately do the book version at all. Beyond giving stuff away it's just too difficult to film, so I'm glad they at least attempted to film something that was meaningful in its own way. But the death of Pyat Pree was pretty badly done, in the sense that he couldn't see that coming.

Qarth in the books only served three things that is essential for Dany's arc. 1. She needed ships. 2. She needed to learn that Robert is dead. 3. She needed to know the prophecies. While house of the undying was good visuals, it would have cost a lot. I would have combined everything with quaithe.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Or maybe Mel has told her she can bring the baby back to life, being a religious freak, Selyse can believe it. And later when Thoros DO bring Beric back from death, people will think "hay, maybe it wasn't BS, and the Lord of Light can resurrect the babies", and it's too early yo tell if she's completely crazy, or if this will look like Stannis fault or anything, just wait before bitch about it.

This! :bowdown: I think the babies have the potential to be great or plainly awful. I do think they are taking a risk here, though. We'll have to see it.

I have to say I don't find the change as shocking as others. I'm in a line of work where I have peripheral association with miscarriages, and mothers can have some prettyheartbreaking reactions and request some pretty unusual things. To me its almost touching on a taboo but real subject that people just don't know about.

Gods, this fan base is horrible. The sense of entitlement; acting like they have any idea what goes into the production of this show, let alone any television show, etc.

I'm glad D&D don't waste their time "answering for themselves", because there focus is where it belongs - on making the show that practically consumes their entire lives. Posters like protar are arm-chair filmmakers - except going beyond mere criticism into personal attacks, and making judgement of character without having met or spoken with D&D or anyone else involved in this production is doubly ignorant and presumptuous. Martin, D&D, and Bryan Cogman all recently spent a weekend together discussing this story and probably having some laughs.

Thank you, thank you. Well said!

I found the Bryan Cogman interview very interesting, because of the glimpses he gave into the overall planning, and the fact that ALL the main characters' storylines have been mapped out across the books. That alone must have been a monumental task (just think of how many characters and stories they had to deal with) and then of course they have to go back and try to match timelines, character interactions, and so on. It is only when they have done that, that the showrunners can get an idea of what is essential, what can be omitted, and what needs to be changed for whatever reason - budget, some things work better on screen, and so on. And because they are telling the story as a TV show from a 3rd person objective viewpoint, rather than GRRM's 'unreliable narrator' and limited POV style, many things have to be changed or added anyway.

I have to say that so far in Season 3 I have started to feel that many of the little things are starting to come together, and that seeds sown in the first two seasons are now sprouting and starting to grow.

And that's exactly why Martin wouldn't even have considered you for the job.

Archived