[Book Spoilers] Arya's plot for Season 4?

Winterz

So I'm a bit intrigued with Arya's storyline for Season 4. I think we might see her whole Sandor-wounded scene still this season but maybe she'll only reach Saltpans in Season 4. Regardless, I can't see where her storyline will head to in Season 4. Will they put her in Braavos so soon and will this cause Arya to be dismissed for a later season?! Or will they expand the whole Braavos scenario?

Shoot your ideas.

I guess, It depends where they end Season 3

Given that RW is in S03 EP9, I think all we get of Arya in the last epp of this Season is a glimpse of her post-RW and Hound telling her he intends to take her to Lysa. (if it was up to me - I would not even show it - leaving people unsure whether Arya is alive or not - they would have to wait till next season to find out)

Then entire Season 4 can be an expansion of that travels - non-cannonical team up of Arya and Tywin was really good, so why not do similar thing with Arya/Hound by expanding their storyline (based on bits that are already ASOS)?

-They travel try to reach eerie, (maybe even clash with mountain clans) (Epps 1-4, absent from one or two)

-End up in peaceful village (in the book the stay was really brief ) they can expand it - and end with arrival of polliver and other bad guys from the past. They kill bad guys but are kicked out from teh village (Epps 5-8, absent from one or two)

-Arya tarvels with wounded Hound, Hound "dies" (Epp 9)

-Arya arrives in Salpans and Takes ship to Braavos (Epp 10)

- This might look boring - but with good writing and imagination it could be a nice season arc. (actually they can use certain elements of her travels in Book 2, weasel, etc - that they skipped in Season2, in a slightly altered way of course).

Then Season 5 coud be all about Braavos and her Kill Bill type training.

I think we will get only one scene after RW, hopefully a wolf dream and Arya telling she knows her mother is dead. Then there is the Vale village, which I hope they will keep and of course scene in the Inn, maybe even that wounded archer. I think Arya will arrive to Braavos in season 4 and it will end with her being take to THoBaW.

She won't become Cat in season 4 because Sam will appear in Braavos only in season 5, I think him leaving for Braavos will be the cliffhanger for season 4.

I predict Arya's last scene for S3 will be in Episode 10, where she finds Catelyn dead as Nymeria. As for S4, this is how I think it'll play out with some changes to the book:

Ep. 1: Arya travels with the Hound, he reveals he is taking her to the Eyrie.

Ep 2: After stopping in a village near the Eyrie, The Hound realizes they won't make it all the way, and they turn back.

Ep 3: Arya learns a bit more about the Hound as they travel.

Ep 5: Arya and the Hound confront Polliver in an inn, Arya kills him and reclaims Needle.

Ep 7: The Hound reveals he is badly wounded, Arya leaves him to die.

Ep 10: Arya boards a boat to Braavos using the coin Jaqen gave her.

I know Maisie Williams is one of the starring actresses, but I think six episodes is more than enough for her ASOS storyline. There's a chance they introduce Braavos in S4, but it;s unlikely, given the fact we'll meet Dorne and the Iron Islands the same season.

I think they'll wait for her AFFC/ADWD material until Season 5.

How I see it, and hope;

S3E9: RW, cliffhanger death

S3E10: Wakes up with the wolfdream, still with the Hound. He says he still wants to use her.

S4E1: Not in.

S4E2: Travelling with the Hound, some snatchy dialogue.

S4E3: Same as previous.

S4E4: Not in.

S4E5: Some inventedshit. Hopefully she's geting darker here. At the end, we understand that shit is going down in the Inn.

S4E6: The showdown at the Inn, hopefully she got nutjob stabbing Polliver(?) as fuck saying something cray.

S4E7: Walking with the Hound, he dies.

S4E8: Taking the ship.

S4E9: Not in.

S4E10: Landing at Braavos. We hear rumours of the House of Black and white. Hopefully some comment hinting she wants to join.

Voila, the viewers are stoked for season 5, since "arya will join the cool assassincult"

I imagine they will create quite a bit of filler with the Hound before they depart. It's really the last thing they can do with that character and it's not likely to happen in the episode right after the RW.

Agreed. I hope they give him a good season to send him off. He was definitely underused in season 2.

Ep 10 - Cliffhanger of Arya stuck with the Hound - duh duh duh

Arya and the Hound in the Salt Pans - all season. Hitting the bits from the book we need to.

Also remember, they stayed a few weeks in a village and that can be expanded.

You might say filler, I'll say great storyline and we'll be begging for more each week.

I don't think they'll end S3 with a cliffhanger as to whether Arya's alive or dead.... it's a little too cheesy, I think. I think her finding dead Cat as Nymeria would be great in E10.

I also think her getting captured by the Hound after escaping the Brotherhood is a perfect episode ender. I thought we would get it to close out "Kissed by Fire", now hoping it's the last scene of "The Climb". Episode 7 would be too late IMO.

Arya travelling with The Hound was one of my favorite segments of the entire series, so if they want to expand that a bit for S4 I am in complete agreement with that. It will be Arya & Tywin 2.0, not strictly necessary but some of the best television in the whole series.

Although I expect she'll be gone towards Braavos well before the end of S4, as I expect them to go through the Book 4 & 5 storylines comparatively quickly.

Although I expect she'll be gone towards Braavos well before the end of S4, as I expect them to go through the Book 4 & 5 storylines comparatively quickly.

Even if they do book 4 and 5 in 1 season they'll do her training in that block as thematically they won't give her two totally different stories in one season.

Hopefully they'll expand Arya's travels with the Hound and we will get to see some of the Hound's character development that was cut from the first two seasons.

Bravos as a new set with an entire new cast of characters will be fairly expensive (I would love it if they filmed in Venice), also with introducing Dorne and the rest of the Iron Islands, it will be overloaded if they try and introduce Braavos in season 4 as well. Also you have Sam on Braavos in Season 5, so it makes sense to combine the two story lines.

I think we'll probably see a lot more of Arya and the Hound. After the Red Wedding, his next big plan was to ransom her to Lysa. They could stretch out his desiring to take her to the Eyrie over much of season 4, which would tease the viewers with a reunion of the Stark sisters, since Sansa will be there probably by the mid-point of the season.

I think we'll probably see a lot more of Arya and the Hound. After the Red Wedding, his next big plan was to ransom her to Lysa. They could stretch out his desiring to take her to the Eyrie over much of season 4, which would tease the viewers with a reunion of the Stark sisters, since Sansa will be there probably by the mid-point of the season.

I wonder if they'll have the Hound find out that Littlefinger is in the Eyrie and give up his plan to ransom her to Lysa so she doesn't end up in Littlefinger's hands.

I wonder if they'll have the Hound find out that Littlefinger is in the Eyrie and give up his plan to ransom her to Lysa so she doesn't end up in Littlefinger's hands.

It would be more ironic if Arya herself was the reason, since she'd be unknowingly turning away from going where her sister is.

It's interesting to contemplate what Littlefinger would have done had he gotten Arya too.

I doubt she actually lands in Braavos next season; it's just one more location to scout and film in, plus another CGI shot of the Titan. She'll depart on the ship, but won't arrive until the start of S5.

Season 3:

E09: chaos at the RW

E10: Depressed, broken Arya robotically following the Hound.

Season 4:

E01: n/a

E02: wargs Nymeria, finds Cat's body, heads for the Eeyrie*

E03: n/a

E04: enters village, gets word of the Eeyrie**

E05: departure from the village

E06: new scene***

E07: n/a

E08: Polliver at the Inn

E09: Leaves the Hound to die****

E10: Departure to Braavos.

This essentially amounts to one 'catch-up' in S4E2, and then a pair of three-episode mini-arcs.

* Much depends on how S3 ends, but if Sansa is already headed to the Eeyrie at this point, this could hint at the two girls being reunited. Oh, those sweet summer children...

** This is the village where the Hound works briefly as a peasant, and is eventually turned away. I'd love to see the scene where she tears the child's doll in half; It's darkly funny, and also hints at her deteriorating mental state ("Now he looks like a real soldier").

*** Pure speculation, but I think Arya is due for some cold-blooded murder around here, to take the place of her cut scene murdering the guard at Harrenhall. Maybe she cuts the throat of a passed-out Frey soldier outside a tavern. Cue reaction shot from an increasingly horrified Sandor, who nevertheless stops to loot the body, and ends up being spotted and blamed for the murder.

**** More speculation, but I wonder if Arya actually stabs Sandor in the belly before leaving him to die. "You don't deserve mercy," would be a bone-chilling line for her, especially if, in the previous episode, she finishes off the wounded squire as in the books. Arya's been softened quite a bit thus far, and I can see them doubling down on her increasingly violent tendencies in the latter half of S4. It also serves as a nice parallel to the descent of the other fan favorite (Tyrion), and Littlefinger's reveal as a complete psychopath rather than merely a greedy game-player ("Only Cat").

It would be more ironic if Arya herself was the reason, since she'd be unknowingly turning away from going where her sister is.

Well, they may find out Littlefinger's in the Eyrie but they won't find out Sansa is there - Sansa being there has to be a big secret, or else half the realm would show up looking for her.

Archived