[Book Spoilers] Arya's plot for Season 4?

Winterz

depends on what they want to do with the character for the last seasons. If they want to emphasize her Braavos experiences or want her to move on sooner from there, she'll go directly. Otherwise they can use her time in the Riverlands for whatever they want to do with it. She can meet several characters, say Brienne, Lysa Arryn or even Lady Stoneheart. I think they need to do something with Nymeria if they can bring up the wolves. The inn story (in which I fear they will replace "Where's the Gold" with Hot Pie, that would be an emotional sucker punch...) takes up a episodes, at most 3 if you combine it with the Hound's Death and Arya going off. They can put that at the start of season 4 so that by episode 5 or 6 she arrives in Braavos and they can use the season break as sort of a 'time gap' (for her or everyone).

I think her arrival at the House of Black and White is as much of an ending as her departure for Braavos, so the rest of aSoS, her journey, and finding the house (maybe even entering and having the kindly man say he will train her, and having S5 open with her already in the swing of it) is plenty for a season.

If they're keeping her life and training in Braavos for Season 5, they're not going to spend money on sets, cast, or shooting in a new location in Season 4. So getting on the boat is a far more likely season ending than arriving at her destination.

I could see them doing what you guys mentioned. I mean she hasn't exactly been in season 3 alot nor does it look like she has a ton of scenes going foward so I could definitely see her having sort of a Bran season in season 4 where not much is going on. It just feels like the bravos stuff should be a self contained story line esp since some of the other characters season 5 stuff is less interesting she could be back in the forefront at that point. Next season is going to be really King's Landing/Wall/Dany/ Greyjoy centric

I imagine they will create quite a bit of filler with the Hound before they depart. It's really the last thing they can do with that character and it's not likely to happen in the episode right after the RW.

Keep in mind that, after Season 4, the TV show timeline is probably going to be radically different from what's in the books, so I doubt we'll see two full seasons with just a single maybe-sort of-hooded appearance by the ex-Hound. I suspect they'll somehow shoehorn Sandor in for at least one scene in Season 5, depending in part on what GRRM's told D&D about Sandor's ultimate importance in the series.

Then again, Catelyn's sister disappeared for a full season (and counting).

In Season 4 neither Arya nor Samwell has that much to do before they get to Braavos - but of course, there are plenty of other storylines to cover!

I would not be surprised to see her getting on a ship to Braavos as early as the middle of season 4. They could stretch it out longer I guess, but this was IMO the weakest and most repetitive part of Arya's journey.

Hound and Arya together on screen is going to be awesome. The longer the better in my opinion.

I think they'll change the structure of her training from the book, so that Season 5 she is living with Brusco and that's a secret part of her induction until she is formally accepted at the end of the Season and then in Season 6 she is in full training. If you get what I'm saying.

I wonder if and how they will stress Arya always being very close to finding family and friends. This season on her way to Riverrun and the Twins, where viewers hope for her reunion with Robb and Cat, on her way to Lysa, where the viewers know Sansa is, (as well as Brienne thinking about going there to look for Sansa) and in Braavos, where she actually meets Sam, but has no idea who he is.

I doubt they will use Nymeria in the end of S3 for Arya to learn of her mother's death. There wasn't enough on wolf dreams and such in this season and I'm not even sure the viewer would remember Nymeria... was she in season 2? But I guess that depends on the importance of that connection and if it needs to be in to re-establish the kids' connection to the wolves.

since arya in the books is basically right outside the RW, i think episodes 8 and 9 will be huge and show her escape with the hound and the polliver scene.

i think the RW will happen at the end of ep9 in robb's POV, and will show arya's at the beginning of the season finale, with her going to saltpans at the beginning of season 4.

They have a real job on their hands after season 4. But after this season it should be simple, she will be emotionally devastated after the loss of her mother and brother. And they will use that to demonstrate the darker side of Arya.

I hope she ends in Braavos long before the end of season 4, the hound/arya stuff doesn't seem like enough to support the entire season.

I think she would make it to braavos by episode 6 and the season ends with her starting training.

Well, they built the entire season 2 on Tywin/Arya stuff and this wasn't even in the books. So why wouldn't Hound/Arya work that way too?

I think book has enough Hound/Arya material to let Arya leave to Braavos in the last episode of season 4.

Well, they built the entire season 2 on Tywin/Arya stuff and this wasn't even in the books. So why wouldn't Hound/Arya work that way too?

I think book has enough Hound/Arya material to let Arya leave to Braavos in the last episode of season 4.

but the book already had enough from that period anyway, they just swapped out the weasel stuff with tywin. the rest of that pretty much went as planned.

There isn't that much in ASOS for the hound and arya, they just wander about.

She has 3 POVs after the RW, thats it. I imagine the first POV would be done this season.

They can't build an entire season 4 of Arya stuff on 2 chapters.

My hope would be that we get to Braavos by half way into Season 4, or at least by episode 7. I cant see them draggin out travels with the Hound for too long, as it would be a waste to not get to the best Arya material yet sooner than later. Tv viewers are already weary I believe of Arya spending so much time just trying to get to nowhere with no luck. It's not very exciting. Invented storylines along the way won't help much.

Agree, the Inn-and-Ship story arc takes 1-2 episodes, You can add an additional one in front "to get back up" with a character scene at the campfire or one with the hound being a dick "know you know you should never trust a knight" to the ferryman. Any more and it stalls and it takes the agency out of her storyline which can get problematic as seen in this season 3. Though to be fair, that is her story arc this season, getting pushed around by one after the other and being left by all of her friends (and family). You can also get a good storyarc for her with reclaiming needle at the start and of the season and leaving it willingly in a hiding in Braavos at the end of the season. (so, ep 1-4 in Westeros, 6-10 in Braavos, 6 appearances).

I wonder how they'll incorporate Nymeria and the wolves into her story. They should be mentioned, namedropped or seen sometimes, no? (a big departure, but a possibility for Arya would be too meat Lady Stoneheart/see her from afar and say 'that's not my mother anymore')

Archived