[Book Spoilers] Last Scene of the Episode

crazibouncer

This is the way I would of ended season 3:

Begin the red wedding and purple weddings and Yunkai attack in Episode 9, Have Jon escape and head to Castle Black, A little reminder scene on who Balon Greyjoy is.

During episode 10, Balon Greyjoy falls, The battle for Yunkai ends. The battle at the wall begins, The Red wedding ends with with Robbs final scene (boom)., Joffrey chokes (boom), and the final scene is Aria running toward the twins as the Hound rides up behind her and hits her in the head with the axe (boom).. Fade to black. Viewers wouldnt know what hit em.

Another thing is, if they pet-sematary Cat in the last episode, what is she going to do for the whole of next season and the one after that? In the books LS's fate is still up in the air, so they can't end her arc too early.

Kill Freys?

They do not even need to end season 3 with Uncat being revealed as the Brotherhood prepares to the string up the Frey. The last shot of the season could be her eyes opening, and then maybe the last shot of the season premeir of season 4, ep 1 being the hanging of the Frey where the Brotherhood reveals that someone lived through the Red Wedding and revenge is coming for all Freys.

I'm sure they can invent more stuff for her and Thoros to do as well.

That would be for season 4. They won't have the most screen time, that's for sure, but they can take their time to actually "show" some of the actions we only get referenced in the books (if they can do this with Theon, they can do it with Lady Stoneheart.)

And I imagine season 5 will consist of Brienne and Pod being captured by the Brotherhood.

I know for certain that Cat will become Lady Stoneheart. Cat is in 1 more episode then Robb and Talisa. (look at wikipedia)

Nah wasn't that the Bran dream where she was in the tree.

Though I do think LS will be last scene.

Begin the red wedding and purple weddings and Yunkai attack in Episode 9, Have Jon escape and head to Castle Black, A little reminder scene on who Balon Greyjoy is.

During episode 10, Balon Greyjoy falls, The battle for Yunkai ends. The battle at the wall begins, The Red wedding ends with with Robbs final scene (boom)., Joffrey chokes (boom), and the final scene is Aria running toward the twins as the Hound rides up behind her and hits her in the head with the axe (boom).. Fade to black. Viewers wouldnt know what hit em.

Dude that would almost be too much to handle haha.

It kinda has to be UnCat, doesn't it. It would be a good shocking moment for non book readers to go WTF over. And in the end, it was a great way to end ASOS with.... Can't see why it wouldn't be equally good.

Naturally, Dany's 'Mhysa' scene would also be epic

But if Catelyn dies in Ep 9, is it not way too soon to resurrect her in Ep 10? People are just warming up to the idea of GOT without her, and this would take the shock away.

:agree:

Another reason that this would be ineffective story telling is that obviously their going to end Episode 9 with it looking like Arya is dead too. Judging by everyone I know, that's going to upset people more that Robb or Catelyn. They won't leave people hanging on that for a whole season, so they'll reveal that she's alive in episode 10. Then if they bring back Catelyn it'll be a just repetative "You thought she was dead? Just kidding! Oh, you thought she was dead too? Just kidding again!". Ick.

If it has to end on some big supernatural thing, please let it be Bran and company going through the weirwood door. And maybe revealing Coldhands as Benjen, if that is who he is. Because, like Barristan Selmy, that's hardly something that you can keep from the viewers.

I used to think this too, but wouldn't the actual resurrection be more climatic than her just hanging freys next season? A shot of her opening her eyes would keep viewers talking, I almost feel like if they did the reveal next season people would have forgotten about her. If Ned had actually survived, don't you think it would have had a bigger if they showed that he was alive in episode 10, while the tragedy is still fresh, than if ned suddenly bursts into the Red Wedding long after everyone has excepted that he's dead? Stoneheart reveal a season and a half after she dies would just feel like a forced plot device to keep a character alive.

Exactly the opposite. Bringing someone back without the audience having a chance to morn is what would cheapen it and make it feel like a gimic. If Ned actually turned out to be alive it would be much more of a "holy shit" moment later on, not in the next episode. Martin doesn't make it look like a character dies and then come back and say "Fooled you!" a chapter or two later. And yes, I realize that books and TV are different mediums. But instant gratification cheapens both and is shoddy storytelling.

If it has to end on some big supernatural thing, please let it be Bran and company going through the weirwood door. And maybe revealing Coldhands as Benjen, if that is who he is. Because, like Barristan Selmy, that's hardly something that you can keep from the viewers.

They could still conceal that from the viewers. In the book, he is cloaked the entire time. All that the characters can see is basically his eyes. Why wouldn't they be able to follow suit with that in the show? Also, his voice is muffled in the books by the scarf. They can easily muffle voices in the show as well. I would be surprised for them to ruin something that hasn't even been revealed in the books yet. Or it's just more of the fact that I really don't want them too. The twists in the book are usually far more exciting. Though I too believe Benjen to be coldhands. However with GRRM you never know.

I somehow agree with this. Show first half of the wedding in episode 9 and the next part in episode 10. A lot of people think UnCat in the final episode would be too early. So if the other half of the wedding is shown in episode 10, a nice final scene of this episode (or this season) would be The Hound about to hit Arya with an axe :P

Way, way too much. Not only do you waste several episodes' worth of drama on one measly hour, but you give the audience no chance to feel any of it because events immediately jump to the next scene. You've gotta give each of these things the time they deserve, not crowd it all together for one cheap thrill. The end of Season 1 wouldn't have been half as effective if you'd crowded Khal Drogo's death, Ned's execution, Robb's coronation and the birth of the dragons into half an hour.

Exactly the opposite. Bringing someone back without the audience having a chance to morn is what would cheapen it and make it feel like a gimic. If Ned actually turned out to be alive it would be much more of a "holy shit" moment later on, not in the next episode. Martin doesn't make it look like a character dies and then come back and say "Fooled you!" a chapter or two later. And yes, I realize that books and TV are different mediums. But instant gratification cheapens both and is shoddy storytelling.

But isn't instant gratification different in a TV show than in a book because you have enforced one week breaks between chapters? I imagine that most of us read the RW and then read about UnCat less than a week later. Delaying it would be expecting viewers to retain the same impact 9 months later. I don't think that's the kind of shock that would work very well.

Plus, I think they'll want to leave viewers with one of the "Holy Crap" moments to continue the buzz for next seasons.

I still it might be UnCat... maybe not the prolog epilogue scene.... but if I remember correctly Arrya's wolf pulls her out of the water, protects the body and then leaves at the approach of the BwB.

I think an eye to eye between Nymeria and Beric in the last episode would echo the way Arya looked at him when she said "Death"... whether or not that is the FINAL scene or not, I don't know. It has to be pretty late in the episode, though. (ETA: to give emotional room)

Then we'd have speculation over the year from the unsullied "Oh, Thoros will save her like he did Beric..." and little do they know how getting what you wish for can hurt so badly...

Archived