Eddard Stark represents the sheeple?

AchillesReborn

The Eddard Stark fan-boys are the sheeple.

Why that? Because you can only root for the successful and never for the moral people? Sorry, mate, that's not going to fly. Particularly not when success relies on luck quite a bit. Ned just had a very unlucky break and was the fall guy for quite a number of conspiracies.

His participation in the Rebellion was him blindly following his ideals of honor. Ideals that were most likely passed down from his father.

Or maybe his participation in the rebellion was based on the fact that his brother and father were murdered by the Mad King. His sister "stolen" by the Crown Prince, and his head was demanded by the Mad King to top it all off. Honestly who wouldn't go to war in that situation imo. But then again you haven't read the books.

Yes. But not Eddard himself.

And sheeple can be used to describe any character's fans; Stannis, Jon, Sansa, Dany.

Title: Eddard Stark represents the sheeple?

He simply helped me troll them out of hiding by being the topic of discussion.

The best part about this is that, Eddard Stark, is one of my favorite characters in the story.

The best part about this is that, Eddard Stark, is one of my favorite characters in the story.

I'm an open Eddard follower. In fact I'll follow any Stark.

The word sheeple does not apply, not matter how you back pedal and redirect. No fan of Ned in this thread is showing blind loyalty. All of them know exactly what happened and why he failed. He is a tragic character with fatal flaws in his sense of right, wrong and honor. What fan of Ned's denies this?

Personally, I don't think that Ned is at all dumb. Perhaps he is honourable to the point of foolishness, but I do not believe that that constitutes dumb.

I think it can sometimes be hard to differentiate the two. I remember once laughing when someone said Aragorn of LOTR would be just like Ned, I laughed. More often than not it was not honour, but overestimating his own position and underestimating Cersei, which led to his fall.

Personally, I don't think that Ned is at all dumb. Perhaps he is honourable to the point of foolishness, but I do not believe that that constitutes dumb.

I think he was pretty dumb. Either that or self-righteous to the point that it literally killed him.

Ned assumed (naively) that everybody was playing by the same rules. Within that framework, he wasn't stupid, self-righteous, overly honorable, etc.

Ignorance is what killed him more than anything, sheltered in North, not understanding the game.

You consider Ned as a sheeple who blindly follows law whether it is right or wrong, yet this is the same ned who opposed robert multiple times when everyone was blindly agreeing to him because he was a king and his word is law. First, when tywin killed the targ children and robert was ok with it. Second, in the small council when everyone was in agreement with robert to kill dany and her child. It was Ned who gave up his position as a hand. Not sheeple in anyway, just a moral and righteous person.

And please don't compare Ned to jaime the scumbag. Ned didn't try to kill or maim a child .

Saying Ned is stupid misses the point of the character, imo and just argues the result.

Tywin is no fool, yet gets a bolt in his belly from his own son. Was it his lack of intelligence to mistreat his son?

If Sansa kills Littlefinger, is he stupid or does he just have a weakness for her?

You consider Ned as a sheeple who blindly follows law whether it is right or wrong, yet this is the same ned who opposed robert multiple times when everyone was blindly agreeing to him because he was a king and his word is law. First, when tywin killed the targ children and robert was ok with it. Second, in the small council when everyone was in agreement with robert to kill dany and her child. It was Ned who gave up his position as a hand. Not sheeple in anyway, just a moral and righteous person.

And please don't compare Ned to jaime the scumbag. Ned didn't try to kill or maim a child .

More of a sheep herder than a sheep. Jamie had a secret to protect that would of gotten him, his sister, and his child killed. I don't agree with his decisions but I understand why he made them, he was selfish.

Saying Ned is stupid misses the point of the character, imo and just argues the result.

Tywin is no fool, yet gets a bolt in his belly from his own son. Was it his lack of intelligence to mistreat his son?

If Sansa kills Littlefinger, is he stupid or does he just have a weakness for her?

Ya I think mistreating your offspring can be considered something unintelligent people would do.

Littlefinger would be stupid to put himself in a situation where Sansa kills him.

People that do stupid things, aren’t always stupid. I already apologized for calling Ned stupid, get over it.

More of a sheep herder than a sheep. Jamie had a secret to protect that would of gotten him, his sister, and his child killed. I don't agree with his decisions but I understand why he made them, he was selfish.

Interesting. I remember a man that lost his head protecting a secret, to keep his children safe.

You're not a sheep by trying to live your life by a code, which is what Ned attempts to do. He'd be more of a sheep if he fell into the game with Cersei, Littlefinger and Varys as soon as he arrived. Ned was willing to play the game, just not the way everybody else did. I'd venture to say he was the "wolf" among the sheep.

See what I did there?

Interesting. I remember a man that lost his head protecting a secret, to keep his children safe.

You're not a sheep by trying to live your life by a code, which is what Ned attempts to do. He'd be more of a sheep if he fell into the game with Cersei, Littlefinger and Varys as soon as he arrived. Ned was willing to play the game, just not the way everybody else did. I'd venture to say he was the "wolf" among the sheep.

See what I did there?

Nice I would like to take it to the next step and say the wolf(Ned) leads the sheep(Fans) to their doom.

I just think its really Ironic that Fans of Ned seem to hate Jamie, when they are actually quit similar in a-lot of ways.

Although I did say he was one of the sheeple in a earlier post, I change my mind quit quickly, and I would like to make the remark that the title only infers that he represents them, meaning Ned fan's tend to be sheeple. He was the "main character" after all.

The Eddard Stark fan-boys are the sheeple.

I'm not a boy.

Well fan comes from the word fanatic. These fans were insulting me because of my opinions on fictional characters, I'm just questioning their morality.

I'm just questioning your use of the word sheeple, which means those that blindly follow a leader and are easily persuaded. Ned was a leader, so that fact makes him not a sheep, for one thing. A sheeple would not follow his convictions above the law or his king, which Ned did. You have yet to demonstrate how Ned "represents the sheeple". None of the main characters are sheeple.

Nice I would like to take it to the next step and say the wolf(Ned) leads the sheep(Fans) to their doom.

I just think its really Ironic that Fans of Ned seem to hate Jamie, when they are actually quit similar in a-lot of ways.

I'm a fan of Ned but I also like Jaime.

Archived