[BOOK SPOILERS] “If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention.”

Dove

D'awww, Iwan was being nice and keeping Alfie company. Eesh, being tied to that cross for two hours would suck. My wrists would be in agony.

Now I'm curious as to what scene Alfie broke down during.

Yeah me to! I wonder if it was the castration scene? I feel sorry for him, I bet filming this season must have been pretty miserable, and emotionally draining.

Here is an intersting article with Alfie about what filming the torutre scenes were like. With a little bit of what's coming up .http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/game-of-thrones-q-a-alfie-allen-on-the-passion-of-theon-greyjoy-20130423#undefined

It`s nice to see Iwan seems to be a stand up bloke in real life. Can`t imagine what it`d be like for Alfie on that cross for 2 hours at a time and it`s not something I envy him.

This storyline is definitely one I`m really looking forward to see developing. Not from a sadistic point of view (although I think some gore is necessary to get the point of how horrible the situation is across) but because Theon is my favourite character and Iwan and Alfie are fantastic.

I`m also curious to see what scene Alfie broke down during. Is it possible it actually was the flaying scene? Or something yet to come?

You know, great acting always inspires empathy whether it's the desperation of Alfie's Theon or the vivid, sadistic glee of Iwan's Ramsay.

For many people, it's probably more comfortable to "locate themselves" inside Ramsay, because at least he's in control, hell, he's even quite joyful. Theon is completely helpless without any escape from a horror that for all he knows may never end.

I think that the book reader's full immersion in "Reek"'s psyche fully forces the horror and loathing for Ramsay moreso than the show will be able to accomplish. Watching it, we don't have to stay "in" Theon- in fact it's a natural tendency to recoil from weakness and attach ourselves to strength and control.

But maybe we'll see a little more of why, exactly Ramsay needs "his Reek"

The reason Theon's castration is so critically important is that is symbolizes his "man hood" and his over all self being cut away.

Ramsey takes everything. His sanity, his fingers, being able to walk, and ultimately his ability to even be a man. It's an important part of the overall game Ramsey is playing in wiping out everything that made Theon who he is and transforming him into Reek.

There's no way something this important doesn't happen. From watching the previews hopefully he will be castrated this week. If not at the least we need to take the torture up a notch. Last week it finally felt like the books somewhat. The idea about Ramsey hunting a naked woman this week and feeding her to the dogs is outstanding, would love to see that too.

The reason Theon's castration is so critically important is that is symbolizes his "man hood" and his over all self being cut away.

Ramsey takes everything. His sanity, his fingers, being able to walk, and ultimately his ability to even be a man. It's an important part of the overall game Ramsey is playing in wiping out everything that made Theon who he is and transforming him into Reek.

There's no way something this important doesn't happen. From watching the previews hopefully he will be castrated this week. If not at the least we need to take the torture up a notch. Last week it finally felt like the books somewhat. The idea about Ramsey hunting a naked woman this week and feeding her to the dogs is outstanding, would love to see that too.

The show has made sure to highlight the fact that Theon defines himself in large part by his sexual prowess (Ros, Girl on the ship back to Pyke, Osha) so I think, yeah castration is a key step in his transformation. (Do they have a maester at the Dreadfort, so Theon doesn't bleed out or die from infection?)

I sort of doubt Theon will escape again, though. I think his release by Boy earlier this season takes the place of the book escape with what's her name (naked dog name escapee). The hunt will more likely be of the Stark boys.

I could see a scene next season with Reek living in filth with "the girls". Ramsay brings something in and "the girls" swarm around it, chowing down.

Reek, starving, goes to get some, and Ramsay says, "I don't think you want what they're having, Reek."

Then a quick flash of what it is they're eating. :ack:

You're a sick fuck and an idiot.

You're a sick fuck and an idiot.

I think some people read the Reek chapters and had a serious feeling of fear and revulsion over Ramsay and were kind of amazed that something on the page could be that powerful.

So it's legitimate to say, "We have to see this horrible stuff on screen so the viewer can feel the way I did as a reader"

And there are also sick fucks out there who want to be just like Ramsay when they grow up.

And there are also sick fucks out there who want to be just like Ramsay when they grow up.

Yep. I think what gave me nightmares after reading Ramsay in the books is that such a creature also turns up (infrequently, thank the Seven) in our real world, unlike most of the rest of the 'types' in the book, like knights, kings and queens, lords and ladies. A lunatic who kidnaps a little girl and keeps her in his basement dungeon for 15 years, or a Jeffrey Dahmer or a John Wayne Gacy. Ramsay Bolton is the worst kind of monster in Westeros, and to similar to the worst kinds of monsters in our own world. A beast in human skin, for real.

I think that's why I'm generally not crazy about all the "Bolton family is supernatural, Ramsay's killings are a magical ritual" kind of theories. His brand of evil is outlandish but completely true to life in a way that we're all familiar with given the media's coverage of high-profile serial killers, and I don't like the idea of it being due to some kind of supernatural source.

Quoted from a thread in the Episode 7 sub-forum for those that don't check there:

WiCnet just retweeted a tweet from Iwan Rheon saying he's doing his Twitter Q&A next Thursday, so I think it's this Sunday's episode when all is revealed, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in asking questions, considering how cagey Iwan's been about interviews.

something to mull over besides how big of a monster Ramsay is (is he ever)/how weird some people get in Theon threads

I don't want Theon to get castrated this early in the game . I'm dreading this week's episode. For me personally is he does It will be disappointing just because once this happens it's the worst possible thing and I don't think Ramsay would just do it SO SOON. Also, in the books its kind of obvious he did at some point but I never understood why Theon cried more about his fingers and toes than about THAT...

I could see a scene next season with Reek living in filth with "the girls". Ramsay brings something in and "the girls" swarm around it, chowing down.

Reek, starving, goes to get some, and Ramsay says, "I don't think you want what they're having, Reek."

Then a quick flash of what it is they're eating. :ack:

If you referring to what I think you are they are not going do that scene as how that would be just distasteful in the sense it would likely turn some viewers away, and doesn't actually add anything to the show.

I don't want Theon to get castrated this early in the game . I'm dreading this week's episode. For me personally is he does It will be disappointing just because once this happens it's the worst possible thing and I don't think Ramsay would just do it SO SOON. Also, in the books its kind of obvious he did at some point but I never understood why Theon cried more about his fingers and toes than about THAT...

But do we know when he did it to Theon, if he did in fact do it? For all we know it was one of the first things he did. I suspect so. Because think about how Jaime's character basically got broken down and rebuilt when he lost what defined him. If Theon loses his penis early on, it will be easier for Ramsay to be there to remold him however he wants.

If you referring to what I think you are they are not going do that scene as how that would be just distasteful in the sense it would likely turn some viewers away, and doesn't actually add anything to the show.

As an alternative to a scene of Ramsay hunting women through the woods, after which they were raped, (& raped after they were already dead by the original Reek) then fed to his dogs as reported in the books. These are Ramsay's "amusements" as Roose calls them. So the above was a way of framing the Bastard's behavior as a horror scene from Theon/Reek's perspective. And could be shown mostly by suggestion.

As an alternative to a scene of Ramsay hunting women through the woods, after which they were raped, (& raped after they were already dead by the original Reek) then fed to his dogs as reported in the books. These are Ramsay's "amusements" as Roose calls them. So the above was a way of framing the Bastard's behavior as a horror scene from Theon/Reek's perspective. And could be shown mostly by suggestion.

Okay we were not talking about the same thing, as I was still stuck on the conversation of Theon's castration thus the image I had was you talking about them showing Ramsay feeding Theon's penis to his dogs, which if that happens I am immediately turning the show off.

Okay we were not talking about the same thing, as I was still stuck on the conversation of Theon's castration thus the image I had was you talking about them showing Ramsay feeding Theon's penis to his dogs, which if that happens I am immediately turning the show off.

Whoah. Sorry you got that. This would be next season after he is Reek. I have to bathe now.

Well, there goes my lunch :ack:

I definitely think they need to show Ramsay's cruelty to everyone(women in particular) to show how bad he really is. I don't think torturing Theon would make viewers hate him as much as the hunting, raping and flaying of women would. Not that I would like to see this happen on-screen. But it could work if we are told of these hobbies of Ramsay's.

I think revealing Boy as Ramsay would give away RW. I hope they leave it till episode 10.

I agree with this. I've tried explaining who Boy is to my Unsullied boyfriend, and that connection between the evil psycho and Robb's bannerman is already making him suspect that Roose is up to no good. They should keep Boy's identity hidden until after RW.

Archived