[SPOILERS] So about Ros...

Capt. Zemblanity

All that inclusion of Ros.

And they killed her for what, to show us that Littlefinger is ruthless and Joffrey is sadistic?

Like we didn't already know that?

I guess they have either :

A. New avenues for meeting HBO's nudity quota

B. Are now so big they don't have to deal with HBO's nudity quota anymore.

And for those of you who don't believe in HBO's nudity quota, I ask you - why was Tony Soprano headquartered out of a strip club? Because that's not suspicious, or because his wife would really like it? Naw, it's the HBO nudity quota.

Based on how things have progressed, I'd say mostly option B with a splash of option A.

Joffrey finally did something I agree with!!! I hated this character adaptation!!!!!!!!!! I think D and D gave us, "Bookies" a bone here . . getting rid of Ros and having us cheer King Joffrey!!!

Yeah, Joff Da Mannnnnnnnnn!!!

and this

And they killed her for what, to show us that Littlefinger is ruthless and Joffrey is sadistic?

I guess they have either :

A. New avenues for meeting HBO's nudity quota

B. Are now so big they don't have to deal with HBO's nudity quota anymore.

And for those of you who don't believe in HBO's nudity quota, I ask you - why was Tony Soprano headquartered out of a strip club? Because that's not suspicious, or because his wife would really like it? Naw, it's the HBO nudity quota.

I've got a wild theory. Probably not true.

D&D read fan criticism and realised that everyone hated her?

I thought it was interesting that the quarrels were in the same spots that Arya's were.

So, were the "green eyes" Mel spoke of Joff's, as in Joffrey and Arya share the same "dark place?"

Arya= Brown

Joffrey= Green

Catelyn= Tully Blue

All three share the same "darkness."

Just tossing it out there....

Ros, we hardly knew you! But with the dynamic between Varys and Littlefinger being split up soon, she was expendable. She seemed more a creation to show the backstory on Littlefinger's motivation, as he was a non-POV. Still sad....

So, shae betrayed Ros to Littlefinger. Boy, she sure knows how to get to the powerful men.

Wait, why do you say this? I though LF figured out that if he was betrayed it was by Ros who saw the manifesto with 2 feather beds. Shae never saw Ros and Varys talk

I've got a wild theory. Probably not true.

D&D read fan criticism and realised that everyone hated her?

Same thing I thought, fans ripped them for deviating from ACOK, this year they are doing a better job, as they did the first season, the best since the first season so far.

I LOVE when the show manages to catch me off guard. I knew LF was talking about Ros in his little speech to Varys, but that visual. Seven Hells. That shocked me way more than the Theon torture did. I wasn't a Ros fan, but no one deserves to end it that way.

On the flip side, that was, I think, a much needed reminder of just how sadistic and evil Joff really is. I have a non-reader friend who watches with me who seemed to forget just how evil he is, especially after the damn near adorable enthusiasm the other week for Targ history. Now we all remember why we want him dead!

I was angry with her death. If they had a boulder fall on her head or lightning strike her out of the blue that would have worked for me. Instead they have pyscho Joff kill her in a gruesome fashion so that it garners some sympathy for her. The writers are trying to throw it off on the veiwers who did not like her instead of admiting that she was a crappy character.

Same thing I thought, fans ripped them for deviating from ACOK, this year they are doing a better job, as they did the first season, the best since the first season so far.

Actually, I'd say this season has the most non-book material by far, but that it somehow doesn't seem as egregious as season 2 for some reason.

Well... I can say that for the first time that Ros was onscreen she helped flesh out all characters to what they are in the books... Is it cruel that I can admit her death was her only ever satisfying scene for me?

Archived